Any drink flights on Dream?

Grand Michig(ian)?

Earning My Ears
We are preparing for our first cruise of any kind. Just wondering if any restaurant or bar offered drink flights? We are cruising on Disney Dream. Thanks.

While we haven't been on the Dream, I don't recall any drink flights on any of the other Disney ships we've been on (Magic, Wonder and Fantasy). They do offer very limited drink package offerings:

A wine package offering pretty mediocre wines

A beer bucket offering (we aren't beer drinkers so I can't explain the details)

On the Dream class ships - Skyline bar offers a decent cocktail package

I've never seen a drink flight offering on Disney. The closest you will come to this is with one of the "tasting" offerings. Disney offers various alcohol tastings, but you need to sign up for them in advance during your online check-in or when you first come on board. This isn't something you order with a meal or in a bar as you would expect with a drink flight, but a completely separate experience.

Last edited:
Never heard of that expression! Thought the OP was asking if DCL had any "drink fights", lol. Have heard of those on other cruises but not Disney.

Around here a lot of restaurants/bars offer "drink flights". They are essentially a miniature sampling. So a martini flight might consist of 3 or 4 different types of martini's. So you get a tasting of a few different flavors, without having to have full sized versions.

I would love to see it on the ships!

Around here a lot of restaurants/bars offer "drink flights". They are essentially a miniature sampling. So a martini flight might consist of 3 or 4 different types of martini's. So you get a tasting of a few different flavors, without having to have full sized versions.

I would love to see it on the ships!

This is what the "tastings" are. But, they are outside of meals and cost extra. We've done the champagne, beer, tequila, and wine tastings (not all at the same time, or even same cruise, mind you!). Like a flight, they are a good, fairly inexpensive ($20-30) way to try different drinks. There are more than the ones listed above, but I'm sure it varies by ship and length of cruise.

This is what the "tastings" are. But, they are outside of meals and cost extra. We've done the champagne, beer, tequila, and wine tastings (not all at the same time, or even same cruise, mind you!). Like a flight, they are a good, fairly inexpensive ($20-30) way to try different drinks. There are more than the ones listed above, but I'm sure it varies by ship and length of cruise.
tastings prices fantasy 2015.jpg

In mixology the drinks looked full-sized to me. Felt full-sized to me, too. :faint: Haven't done any of the tastings you listed, though.

But yeah, I don't remember seeing any kind of flights offered in the bars or at meals. I don't see tastings as being quite the same since those are an entire activity versus just trying a couple different beers/martinis/etc in a more casual setting, but it does seem like the closest thing available.

Like @YawningDodo I don't see the tasting/mixology etc as quite the same as what I know of drink flights. Though I agree they are probably the closest we will see as of now.

We did a few of the tastings on our cruise and they were definitely full sized drinks, not just a sampling.

We are preparing for our first cruise of any kind. Just wondering if any restaurant or bar offered drink flights? We are cruising on Disney Dream. Thanks.
Not sure if it’s fleet wide, but we saw a flight of what looked like whiskeys (could have been beer) at Tiana’s Place one night at dinner on the Wonder. So there is hope! :)

As of last February, I know the champagne bar on the Dream (Ooh, La La) was offering a champagne flight -- it was great!! If memory serves, one was a pretty expensive selection and it was a great opportunity to try it. I have a photo, but I can't get it to post -- Sorry!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts