Any DISer's granted the Castle Stay wish?

OK, I know this will sound weird, but how are they going to keep the winning family inside the castle? Will they be locked in or something? Could you roam around the park? That would be SOOOO strange to be alone in Disney World. :smooth:

I read somewhere that you'd be kinda locked in your room all night and that they would have a security type guard outside your door incase you needed something and so you don't "explore" the world on your own.

colleen costello said:
I would settle for SEEING the room they make, on TV. I hope Travel Channel does an episode on it and really SHOWS it... I love when Samantha Brown stays somewhere at WDW, but I get aggravated when they jump around too much with what they film... I want them to just SHOW the room, already! So if anyone from Travel Channel is reading, PLEASE show us that MOST special room at WDW!

They did mention it on a special and showed the drawing of it - it reminded me of the Cinderella movie

Kayleebug said:
OK, I know this will sound weird, but how are they going to keep the winning family inside the castle? Will they be locked in or something? Could you roam around the park? That would be SOOOO strange to be alone in Disney World. :smooth:

This is MY question, too! If I won, I would LOVE LOVE to walk around the MK at night...they keep many of the lights on (since that is when lots of cleaning and other backstage work gets done). Oh, to take pictures without crowds! I would make sure I would be up at 5AM (if I slept at all, that is...) to walk around and see sunrise at the MK... HEAVEN!

wdwdancerwannabe said:
They did mention it on a special and showed the drawing of it - it reminded me of the Cinderella movie

Yes, there was an article on it this month's Vacation Magic (I think that is where I read it...the DVC magazine), and the whole thing is styled in the time period of Cinderella. The elevator up to the suite is designed like Cinderella's coach and everything!

Yes, the details are kind of weird - you obviously can't leave, but can I order a pizza? Can I hang out the window and get some good pictures? Can I sneak out? I'm thinking one of the kids could create a diversion...

I'm afraid that if we got to stay there, I may be tempted to take anything that wasn't nailed down as a momento of our night.

I have to admit, I have bathrobes from many hotels (most of which I paid for, thank you). Usually I don't tell my wife - I just wait a few days after we get home and come out of the bathroom in my new robe with cool logo.

Just got back... The door to the upstairs was unlocked and partially open! Curiosity was killing me... I edged the plywood construction door open a bit more to sneak a peak and what did I see? Another door!

:confused3

I was so ready pretend to be looking for the bathroom...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter