Any chance there won't be WDW tickets to buy with AM in 2020?

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
We're planning an 8 day trip in Feb 2020 and want to use AM for 7 day park passes. The current offer is for tickets to be used within 2019.

I'm a little worried that we'll get everything booked and then we went be able to get tickets via AM.

One of the options we're looking at is a non-refundable reservation by renting DVC points. It's an upgrade so we're spending more on the room and it will be a double whammy if we have to pay out of pocket for park passes too!

Put my mind at ease...they will have passes available, right? They might just cost a bit more? We have over 16,000 AM now so I have some cushion if there is a hike.

Thanks!

They gone up a lot in "price" to 5,995 for an adult 5-day flex base ticket already! Hopefully they don't go up even more! I hope they bring them back for 2020-2021 as well!

No way to know. They usually update the expiration date on them in the fall (I want to say October).

No way to know. They usually update the expiration date on them in the fall (I want to say October).

It just occurred to me that this may mean I won't have my tickets in time to book FPs 60 days out! If they release them in Oct as you have guessed, we should be ok because our FP date is Dec 7.

This is going to keep me awake at night :crazy2::headache:

I'm wondering if they will do a discount this year. One part of me says " Nope...with Galaxy Edge opening they may not need to as the amount of people that will flock there will be big. "

But on the other hand, if they want more Canadians visiting, with our horrible exchange on the dollar...and let's be honest...they are a very money hungry corporation. And would love to pack the parks to capacity and have those extra dollars in their bank account.

Let's cross our fingers that it is the second and they do a discount for us Canadians again.

Last edited:
They gone up a lot in "price" to 5,995 for an adult 5-day flex base ticket already! Hopefully they don't go up even more! I hope they bring them back for 2020-2021 as well!

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be something, just not necessarily a Canadian resident deal or anything.

5,995 for 5-day is equivalent to $631.05 in Cash Miles. It's actually not bad compared to a date-flexible ticket ($572.85 USD right now on UT, or ~$773), but if you know your dates (sounds like OP is Feb 5th?) those are $441.69 USD / ~$596, so it's technically cheaper to buy tickets and use Air Miles for something else.

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be something, just not necessarily a Canadian resident deal or anything.

5,995 for 5-day is equivalent to $631.05 in Cash Miles. It's actually not bad compared to a date-flexible ticket ($572.85 USD right now on UT, or ~$773), but if you know your dates (sounds like OP is Feb 5th?) those are $441.69 USD / ~$596, so it's technically cheaper to buy tickets and use Air Miles for something else.
And these calculations and the December 31st expiry on the flex tickets that Airmiles currently has for redemption, is what makes me pretty sure that the next batch they put on airmiles will be higher than what we are getting them for now.
I agree, if looking strictly for a value perspective it makes more sense going forward to set airmiles to cash miles. Use those for gas and groceries and the equivilant cash for tickets. That way one doesn’t have to use the more expensive flex tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!