Any chance there will be more Studio rooms with TWO beds?

From ages 10-18 my tall-ish children have been uncomfortable in both levels of rooms because they always either needed to share a sofa bed (NO ONE should ever be asked to sleep on a sofa bed on vacation IMO)
(read aloud in Grandpa Simpson voice) When I was a kid, we took lots of RCI timeshare vacations and my sister and I (both of us tall) had to share a sofa bed in 1 BR and we survived! And get off my lawn!! (shakes fist)

But this is how we ended up adding on - when we first started staying DVC, we had a baby in a pack and play, and having our ODD in a pull down murphy, keeping the couch closed, was ideal. So we bought thinking we'd stay in studios sometimes and 1BR at other times. Now we are a 1BR family because our kids are young enough to think the sofa bed is a novelty. DH hang out in our room after the kids are asleep, luxuriating in the king bed because we have a queen at home. I could definitely see our girls needing real beds as teens, or staying up wayyyy later than we are, and when that happens, we'll go to 2br.

(read aloud in Grandpa Simpson voice) When I was a kid, we took lots of RCI timeshare vacations and my sister and I (both of us tall) had to share a sofa bed in 1 BR and we survived! And get off my lawn!! (shakes fist)

But this is how we ended up adding on - .

Ha! I think you could read most of these posts in this thread with a Grandpa Simpson voice! Of COURSE we could always add on - my dream every time I try to book our vacation and find myself always needing just a few, tiny, measly, expensive, points! And OF COURSE this is what DVC hopes we will do! But we do have rather a lot of points and they were rather expensive (as everyone's were in their day if they didn't buy resale). I don't think it's a lot to ask for a good sleep whilst on vacation for everyone in your family (I'm looking at you SSR sofa bed...)

No kitchenette? Hmm, sounds like a king-bed hotel room. I can see a market for that - “Prepay your hotel room for the next 50 years! And you can use the huge number of points it requires to stay in a 2-bedroom with your whole family at any other DVC resort, since it’s so easy to swap at 7 months!”

Hmmm.....this got me thinking of another "new layout" I'd love to see.....

I think a 2 bedroom without a kitchen would be a great idea! Many people don't cook or at least don't want to cook dinner at home let alone on vacation. 2 bedrooms connected to basically a living room with a kitchenette.....

Sounds awesome to me! And it keeps people eating at Disney restaurants. Win for Disney!

Think connecting studios (like at Poly).... 1 studio has 2 beds, no sofa, etc and the other "studio" you could swap the location of the 1 queen bed with the sofa. Throw up walls to each of the bed areas, add a TV and you've created 2 private sleeping areas and a common area. So, everyone has access to the bathrooms, showers, kitchenette, sofa / table, etc. and a private space to sleep. No additional space required. If you leave them as lock off's, you've made 2 real bed studios (like OKW) and a mini 1 bedroom.

When they were making Poly they wanted 1 and 2 br, but there were major issues that stopped them so now there are lots and lots of studios

The only "major issue" was how much profit DVC could squeeze out of the resort, any other construction issue can be solved now-a-days. Hence why the point hungry Bungalows were built.

Just came back from Kidani and had a great stay but the pull out sofa beds are not comfortable! Maybe they can purchase sofa's with better, thicker mattresses in the future??

We stayed at BLT in a one bedroom, I was lucky enough to get the pull out sofa. How kind I say this kindly, I can't, it was the worse sleep I have ever had. Ended up putting the sofa back together and just laying on it.

MadamG2U

Anyone know if Disney ever considered using double/queen murphy beds instead of sofa beds? It's the couch that "folds/unfolds" when the bed is pulled down.

Anyone know if Disney ever considered using double/queen murphy beds instead of sofa beds? It's the couch that "folds/unfolds" when the bed is pulled down.

There were reports a few months ago that someone had experienced a Murphy sofa bed in a “test” refurbished room at SSR. Whether Disney will implement them there is anyone’s guess — the refurbishment of SSR hasn’t started yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!