Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

The January 8-February 8 looks like the "normal" refurb schedule for Splash. I wonder if Kenny's computer just did what it always does and put the normal refurb in there? Let's hope that's what it is.

I agree. I thought he was pretty reputable also. Maybe rteetz can weigh in and let us know how it was confirmed to him it wasn't going down in January.

Yes! Let's hope it's just Kenny's computer doing an automatic update but I kind of doubt it. I wouldn't count on the WDW calendar updating the information quickly though...

The January 8-February 8 looks like the "normal" refurb schedule for Splash. I wonder if Kenny's computer just did what it always does and put the normal refurb in there? Let's hope that's what it is.

Well it wasn’t down during that time this past January.

It just makes no sense to take a ride down for 3 months, open it for a few weeks and then close it down again.

My guess (with absolutely no confirmation) would be that refurb is taking longer than expected/underlying issues found, and instead of keeping the ride closed for the holiday season, Disney decided to split it into two?

Which would be unprecedented, since I can't recall anything being closed for 3 months, open for one and then down again. So I am curious as to where Kenny is getting that info.

My guess (with absolutely no confirmation) would be that refurb is taking longer than expected/underlying issues found, and instead of keeping the ride closed for the holiday season, Disney decided to split it into two?

Which would be unprecedented, since I can't recall anything being closed for 3 months, open for one and then down again. So I am curious as to where Kenny is getting that info.
That’s possible but like you am curious as to where Kenny got the info.

TRACK IT DOOOOOWN! Ugh, I gotta December trip and I need some Splash Mountain! (haven't gotten to do it for a couple years now)

It should be open in December. According to Kenny, it reopens on 11/16 and doesn't go down again until 1/08.

I'll live, but that's not very cool of Disney to close something for a long refurb, then close again a short time later. I will have gone twice in 6 months and it's closed both times? That's kind of a load of crap.

I'll live, but that's not very cool of Disney to close something for a long refurb, then close again a short time later. I will have gone twice in 6 months and it's closed both times? That's kind of a load of crap.

I'll obviously live also but it's just a big disappointment if it's true.

While it wouldn't surprise me if the WDW website was out of date, how would Kenny know about it otherwise? Spies? LOL....

...you should probably get that checked out then...

Rides need maintenance...or they break...it is what it is.

Yes, I know this. But for it to close for 3 months, open up for 1, and then go back down for another month? That doesn't seem "normal". And not all of us can go every year or every 6 months also. So when a ride goes down, it just kind of stings. Again, I know I know. First world problem here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter