Any chance no July codes?

Samsma

DIS Veteran
We just changed our ressie from starting June 27 to starting July 5. My TA said it was possible that no codes would be for this week since it is a holiday week. What is everyone's experience going July 4th week?

There is a code posted on the Disney Visa website for moderates & AKL for 5/26/03 to 8/23/03, it's only for packages though. So it looks like there will be codes.

The CM I talked to last night at CRO said that with the current codes out till July 3rd, that they probably will not offer codes for July 4th weekend and the new ones will start that following week.
Good luck!

Yikes! I have AKL booked right now, but have a backup plan at the Dolphin. Waterview for $142.50 plus tax plus resort fee. I'm having a terrible time making up my mind. I'll just let the price dictate I guess.

life.gif

We go to WDW during the July 4th week each year, and we have always managed to get some kind of code, AP rate or discount.

This year however, seems to be different. We are going from 7/3 to 7/11, and for the first three nights, I can only get rack rate for a standard room. At first I was only able to get concierge with a code discount, but eventually I was able to piece together day by day the three nights I needed for a standard room.

While without a discount, it is still cheaper than concierge with a code. This is due to the fact that the resort seems to be sold out for those days, therefore no discounts can be applied. We are staying at the YC, but next door at the BC, discounted rooms for the same time period are available. (But DH wants the YC!)

The second part of our reservation, 7/6-7/11 I have a AAA discount, and I feel reasonably secure that I will be able to get some type of code or AP discount applied to that time period, as the resort is not sold out for then, yet!

If the resort that you want to stay at is not sold out or filled to capacity, you should be able to apply some code to your reservation. The problem is that right now nothing past 7/3 exists, unless you arrive on the 3rd.

What resort do you want to stay at? Call CRO yourself, and try using one of the codes available thru 7/3 listed on Mousesavers, and see if it can be applied to that resort. Then if you want to feel safer about getting a discount, move your arrival date up to the 3rd from the 5th. As long as you check in by the 3rd, you will get that discount for the entire stay.

From what I have been hearing, many will be checking out on the 6th after the July 4th weekend, so there should be some discount at that point.
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We want to stay at AKL and have already booked, but I really don't want to pay rack rate. If it comes down to that, (306/night, we'll probably just use our back up plan of the Dolphin for $168.) We can't change dates because we'll be coming back off of a DCL 7 day cruise on the 5th! :cool:

Last year I was at CS with a code. This year I have the Swan reservation and want to change to CBR. However, my Swan reservation is cheaper than CBR rack rate, so if there aren't any AP rates or other codes that get it down lower, I'll keep the reservation at the Swan.

Looks like I'll be seeing Epcot fireworks.

TDC Nala - From what I read, the Swan & Dolphin are great, and definitely have a great location, but I really, really would like to stay at AKL for my kids, and also planning to go on the Sunrise Safari if I can get in.

I called yesterday to add a room to our POR July 12 - 19 dates. I put the new room on my disney visa and the lady said "Oh, keep calling back or watching if you have the Disney visa you will more than likely get a discount on those dates. I will check the website every day.

She was such a sweet lady she even siad lets check Old Key West for a two bedroom and see what the difference is for the week. It would only be 300.00 more with the disney discount for that time, but then asked me if I want to stay with all those people in one place and I said "no."

She even checked the Disney rate against the AAA rate for the time period and the AAA rate was better at POR so we went to a AAA rate.

I was on the phone for about f20 minutes with her. She was bending over backwards to find me the best deal and I didn't ask her to do this.

Kathy

We are going July 19-26 and I have been waiting for codes too. I called this week and got the AAA rate at the ASMo. We are paying $94 a night with tax, which isn't a great rate, but I can definitely live with it. Hopefully, better codes or AP discounts will come out for our dates soon. I did think that it was odd to get the Movies in July with an AAA discount this late in the year though. Bookings seem to be way down. I really believe that Disney plans on releasing discounts for the summer. I think that they are waiting a little bit longer to determine the effects the war will have on attendance. I don't believe that it is an issue of them giving discounts, I believe it is an issue of how big the discounts are going to be. Keep your fingers crossed for summer codes!

How far in advance do the codes come out? We are booked in the fall?? BCV-does anyone know what my chances are??
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter