Any Canadians here flying into MCO when Dorian may hit?

That’s a long trip for sure. We leave on the 15th from YVR at 7:25pm connecting in SeaTac (Alaska Airlines) for 9:20pm direct to MCO. Arrive at 6:00am. I hope I can sleep on the flight. Going to Universal.
I hope you’ll be safe driving. The hurricane is supposed to hit Florida late Monday night into Tuesday. Even if Orlando isn’t directly in the path, you may get torrential rains and winds. Not good driving conditions. Please be careful.
If it’s bad when you land consider spending the night at a hotel around Tampa airport.

I hope you have a safe trip and are able to sleep on your flight too. We have a 6 hour stopover in Toronto, so if we can't sleep from YVR to Pearson, then hopefully we can get some sleep in the airport. Fingers crossed for good driving conditions but if we are just too tired when we arrive in Tampa and/or the road conditions aren't safe, we will for sure spend the night in a hotel near the airport. I was going to book a rental car for when we arrive but since I don't know how we will feel or what the roads will be like, I've held off until we get there. Just glad to have found an alternative, if rather long way, of getting there.

I hope you have a safe trip and are able to sleep on your flight too. We have a 6 hour stopover in Toronto, so if we can't sleep from YVR to Pearson, then hopefully we can get some sleep in the airport. Fingers crossed for good driving conditions but if we are just too tired when we arrive in Tampa and/or the road conditions aren't safe, we will for sure spend the night in a hotel near the airport. I was going to book a rental car for when we arrive but since I don't know how we will feel or what the roads will be like, I've held off until we get there. Just glad to have found an alternative, if rather long way, of getting there.
How long is layover at YVR? If you have a long one there’s a new outlet mall built nearby. There’s a skytrain in airport and mall is only one stop.
Best of luck to you.

We've got about 3 hours in YVR and another 6 hours in Pearson. Just hoping we can get some sleep!

Please take note of what was just posted on the Canadian Government page under travel advisories .. if you chose to ignore this and run into trouble your travel insurance will NOT cover you. I'm not sure if this will apply to any area of Florida that is not directly on the coast but i would most definitely be checking with your carrier before you cross the border.

Please take note of what was just posted on the Canadian Government page under travel advisories .. if you chose to ignore this and run into trouble your travel insurance will NOT cover you. I'm not sure if this will apply to any area of Florida that is not directly on the coast but i would most definitely be checking with your carrier before you cross the border.

View attachment 432390
Thanks for the heads up! I will check it again before we leave. I don’t intend to leave until the hurricane has past Orlando , but I would imagine the alert would change as the hurricane moves away?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter