Any advice on transport when staying at wdw and you have not got a car !

Janey1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

4 days and counting !!!

I was wondering if any one had any advise on this subject. This will be my 4th visit to WDW and as yet we have never had a hire car.

We r stopping at AKL and BWV. I have arrangeed a limo company to get us to and from the airport. Whilst on site we use disney transport.

To get to Sea world and IDrive we normally phone mears and pay $20 each for a return to Sea world. We then take the green i-ride for 75 cents upto the Belz (along I-Drive).

However

This year we are taking my mum and i was wondering if anyone knew how much say a taxi would be to seaworld from BWV.

Or does any one else have any ideas on how to get around without a car?????

Thanks Janey xx
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :p :Pinkbounc :bounce: :p

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi

When we stayed at ASM & wanted to go off-site, we'd use Disney transport to the Marketplace, then hail a taxi. Saves a few $$.
Have a great time.

Thanks

Just an update. I found the mears website through the Sanford Int airport page. I have emailed them and asked them for two quotes ie How much a taxi costs from Downtown Dis to Seaworld and to The Belz.

They replied very quickly and stated:

DTD to Seaworld was $15 one way

and

DTD to the Belz was $25 one way !

I was very pleased . Obviously the fare would alter depending in the time of day.

Just thought you'd like to know !!

Janey xx

2 days to go !!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi
We used yourride.net - again this is website address as well - can also e-mail for quote
Price is per vehicle and hence your party - they are very reliable and it can work out cheaper than Mears if you have a large party - it also means you are the only people in teh vehicle.
We found for us it was slightly cheaper than Mears

Chris

Janey

Just to clarify that I would agree with both the quotes you have been given by Mears - Being a non-driver (currently taking lessons) I've always used taxis and these rates are in the ball park figure of what I usually pay. I nearly always get the bus from the resort to DD as the taxis are cheaper from there.

Have a great trip

We stayed ASMovies July this year. Going to Belz I used the Mears Shuttle it cost $12 return per person.On the return journey Mears sent a taxi to pick us up the fare on the meter was $36. We got a nice comfy taxi to ourselves at no extra cost:) :)

We have just returned. We stayed at BWI, took a taxi to Sea World - it cost $20 each way. We never rent a car - we always take taxis when we need them - I don't think they are too expensive!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter