Any advice on how to make it a great family vacation when some are staying onsite and the rest of us offsite?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
My oldest son wants to be onsite with his wife and two little ones for convenience sake. There is also the possibility of another son and DIL coming along and will likely stay onsite. We are staying at WBC in a condo with my youngest son and middle son and his wife. I am stressing a little because I know those of us staying offsite won't be getting the same FPs for the tier one attractions, but our onsite family will probably get those. The trickiest part of all of it is that the older son who will have the great FPs is really hoping we will be able to help them with baby swap so he and his wife can ride together. I would LOVE to hear from some DISers who have made this kind of situation work in a way that made for great family time.

and will likely stay onsite. We are staying at WBC in a condo with my youngest son and middle son and his wife. I am stressing a little because I know those of us staying offsite won't be getting the same FPs for the tier one attractions, but our onsite family will probably get those.
When the FP booking window opens for the onsite people, they can book FPs for all the offsite people. All you need to do is make sure all offsite people are linked to the MDE/MDX account that belongs to the onsite people.

Read the FP FAQ Sticky on the Theme Parks Board.

When the FP booking window opens for the onsite people, they can book FPs for all the offsite people. All you need to do is make sure all offsite people are linked to the MDE/MDX account that belongs to the onsite people.

Read the FP FAQ Sticky on the Theme Parks Board.

Best news I've ever heard!!!! Thank you! Thank you!

hiroMYhero,

I just my made my way over to the sticky thread that you mentioned. It's a BEAST! :D Can you give me an idea WHERE in the sticky I can look for that sort of information? Is it toward the beginning or a recent update on the last few pages? Thanks!

It’s under the Booking section in one of the first posts by @mesaboy2 .

Don’t hesitate to ask questions in that FP FAQ. 😊

If you need help linking accounts, you can post a new thread on the Theme Parks board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter