Any advice for first timers onsite?

DisneyObsessed

<font color=green>Walking is not an option<br><fon
This will be our fourth trip in four years and we're finally staying on site at CBR. We're so excited. Is there anything we need to know about staying onsite? This is going to be quite a difference from the Howard Johnsons. Thanks for any advice you may have!

I stayed at CBR last Christmas and had a wonderful time. I hope you enjoy the resort.

A few of the benefits of staying on-site (according to the official WDW website):

- - - - - - -
Resort Benefits:

Extra Magic Hour: Every day, some of the most popular attractions at one Theme Park are open an extra hour for Guests at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. Valid Theme Park ticket and Resort ID required. Extra Magic Hour replaces Disney's Character Caravan, where the characters sent you off from your Resort.

Disney Transportation: Travel by motor coach, boat, or monorail throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney Guest Service: Disney Cast Members handle all your reservations. Enjoy charge privileges on property. Disney Resort guests can also have purchases made throughout our Theme Parks and Downtown Disney® area conveniently delivered to their Disney Resort.

A Disney Midday Break: It's quick and convenient to head back to your Resort for a nap or a swim, then return to the Parks later in the day!

Services for Children: Parents can take a break, thanks to unique child activity centers, in-room babysitting, learning programs, and dinner clubs (nominal fee for services; subject to availability).

Guests with Disabilities: Special services for Guests with disabilities are available throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort. These include specially equipped rooms at selected Resorts and specially designed features throughout the Theme Parks, as well as guidebooks for Guests with disabilities.
- - - - - - -

DawnF316, I've never stayed off-site, but my guess is that you have always traveled by car to wherever it was that you were going. Since you'll be on-site now, you can still choose to do that. However, you can now use the WDW transportation (buses, boats, monorails).

I have never had a car while staying on-site. I have always used either the WDW transportation system (my personal favorite) or taxicabs (for those times when we were in a hurry to get somewhere quickly). I am a real people-person, so I love taking the WDW transportation. 99.9% of my fellow vacationers are always in a wonderful mood and I find that contagious (and intoxicating).

Another thing that I love about staying on-site is the ease of bopping back to my resort for a midday swim or meal. Disney makes it very easy to do that.

Going for a midday break and then hopping on the bus to get back to the parks!

The whole atmosphere, it is truly magical!

The bunnies on the property but watch out for those Ducks!LOL
One nearly attacked me and I swear they were the ones from my mothers lawn here in TO!

The main pool is great but you also have access to your own area pool. The towel animals and Mousekeeping! Every day we had a different arrangement and one day they put up a sign with all of DD's animals plus the towel animals, which said, Hope you had a wonderful day but we missed you!

I can't tell you about the restaurant area as they refurbished but I'm sure those that stay there after it has re-opened will let us all know.

Enjoy your trip!

As DD(10) keeps saying, "When can we go back to the CBR?"

Is it January yet????

Scratch

:smooth:

One more final thought -- the resorts are usually so beautiful that I never want to leave them. I just spent two nights (three days) at the Port Orleans - French Quarter Resort. I didn't hit a theme park until I transferred from that resort to the Beach Club. My daughter & I were having way too much fun exploring Port Orleans to ever want to leave it. And I have done the same thing while staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge -- I don't leave the resort while I am a guest; why should I? It has everything I need (gorgeous themeing, thrilling views, incredible food, a wonderful swimming pool, and the nicest Cast Members around).

We love to do early entry while staying on-site. Have fun!

If you do decide to drive to the parks at some time during your trip parking is free for onsite guest. Just keep your resort parking pass in the window.

Growing up in FL, I have been to WDW too mnay times to remember. My first onsite stay was in Jan at ASMo. We then stayed at CBR, AKL, and ASSp (2x). I think you will love CBR, but be sure to request a room near the food court ad main pool (it's vey spread out). The rooms are spaciuos, beautifully decorated and have great amenties!

The biggest difference in staying onsite is the overall quality of our vacations.

When staying offiste, we usually stayed at the park "all day"- in other words, until we were ready to die! Usually headed out after the parade (exhausted) and it semed to take forever (especially at MK) to get to the monorail, then the TTC, then take a tram to the car............................ then to a restaurant, then to the hotel.

Now, we get to the parks very early (the buses are great) and leave around 12pm or 1pm. We take a bus back to our resort BEFORE we feel tired. We go to the pool, get a drink, relax, take a nap, shower, change, and go back to the parks in the evening (when the crowds have died down and the weather is cooler ).
We eat all of our meals onsite and have had the best experiences.
I can eat at Olive Garden right here at home. When I'm at WDW, I want WDW food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be prepared to NEVER stay offsite again!

That's great you will find it hard not to stay onsite again! We stayed at the CBR Dec 2000, try to request Martinique or something near Old Port Royale you will save yourself walking back and forth to get food and drink. Save that energy for the parks.

35 day's until the Villas at Wilderness Lodge !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter