Another week, another shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "world was shocked"? I doubt that. Rude is Rude.... pass the mike that's how it works. There's lots of reporters in the room they all deserve a chance to ask questions. Minorities denied the right to vote? That is some serious propaganda you are watching on TV. It's very hard to know who's mentally ill? My neighbor just purposely overdosed herself. Never in a million years would I thought she was suicidal. It's not that easy to know who going to blow a fuse.

Are you Canadian?

Yes shocked. Everyone i have talked to were appalled.

So if you’re rude you lose the right to one right.

But if you’re mentally ill you don’t.

Got it.

Yes I’m Canadian,

Of course not, but those things are so pervasive & complicated. But they also less often involve innocent ppl.
It may depend on where you live on that point.

Gang violence including drivebys doesn't tend to take much stock in innocent people unfortunately.

But I always said gang violence, domestic violence and suicides IMO are different than mass shootings and/or school shootings in terms of what these threads often are about. They have different reasons behind them and IMO different approaches to work to resolve them.

It may depend on where you live on that point.

Gang violence including drivebys doesn't tend to take much stock in innocent people unfortunately.

But I always said gang violence, domestic violence and suicides IMO are different than mass shootings and/or school shootings in terms of what these threads often are about. They have different reasons behind them and IMO different approaches to work to resolve them.
The media dramatizes mass shooting because they have an agenda. Gun control. Yet the inner city violence goes unnoticed. People scream about racism, but no one really seems to care about minority's in our inner cities.

Of course not, but those things are so pervasive & complicated. But they also less often involve innocent ppl.

I don’t know that that’s necessarily so. It’s true you don’t typically hear of large numbers of innocent victims due to a single drug/gang related crime. But, the frequency with which innocents die in the nearest large city to me (St Louis) is appalling.

Last I checked our economy was doing fine, thanks for the concern LOL.
But great way to deflect.
It reminds of when I was Greece in 2016 and people were more concerned about our election then there own problems...,and they have many. I guess it shows how dependent the rest of the world is on the US. I will say the Chinese have really taken over Vancouver. Not a deflection just defending my own country. People always threaten to move you your country, but they never do.
Personally I think nationalism is great. You love your country. I live mine.

Last edited:
It reminds of when I was Greece in 2016 and people were more concerned about our election then there own problems...,and they have many. I guess it shows how dependent the rest of the world is on the US. I will say the Chinese have really taken over Vancouver. Not a deflection just defending my own country. People always threaten to move you your country, but they never do.
Personally I think nationalism is great. You love your country. I live mine.

Yeah, nationalism is great, until the boots are at your door.

I guess it shows how dependent the rest of the world is on the US.

Not dependent. Think of the world like it's a party... the US is like the huge fat guy who's drunk, throwing around money, threatening pretty women, and tossing molotov cocktails on the sofa for fun while screaming incoherently. The rest of the party can't help but watch, if only to avoid being assaulted or set on fire.

Stop for a second and watch the interview with Susan Schmidt-Orfanos. Her 27-year old son, Telemachus Orfanos, survived the massacre in Las Vegas only to be killed last night.

https://twitter.com/ABC7Veronica/status/1060671145660141568

What I never wrap my head around is how the killer's right to own a thing trumps this woman's right to have her boy not shot at twice and finally murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter