Another week, another shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't investigate further to verify this, but I saw on one site that at least one of the people at this bar was also present at the Las Vegas massacre. That should be a wake up call to anyone who thinks a mass shooting can't happen to them because the risk is so low. Doesn't seem that "rare" if someone has survived not one, but two mass shooting incidents in two different states, in 13 months time

Very true ... I remember reading about one girl who had survived that Colorado movie theater shooting only to be killed in a mass shooting at a food court several months later. That's just how it goes!

Not shocked. In a fundamentally violent, ignorant culture, violence happens, people wring their hands, nothing changes, and the ignorance continues.

It’ll continue until the root cause of the ignorance (which causes the violence) is addressed.

Every time I walk into a school, museum, restaurant, shopping mall, concert, grocery store, church, airport baggage claim, etc, I am taking the small risk that some random gunman starts shooting and ends my life.
Just a fact of life.

there are many many countries in the world where this is not a fact of life. Its only in America that it is seen as a fact of life. Its only when I travel to America that I worry about this risk. In the country I live in and in the 9 countries I have visited this risk is not a fact of life.

there are many many countries in the world where this is not a fact of life. Its only in America that it is seen as a fact of life. Its only when I travel to America that I worry about this risk. In the country I live in and in the 9 countries I have visited this risk is not a fact of life.

Very true also, which is why I take my travel out of the country as much as possible now. Not that I'm all that worried about it happening to me ... I mean it could of course ... but more that I would rather spend money in a country that isn't complicit in these kinds of situations. Maybe when this random violence has a large enough economic impact, someone will be able to find a solution. But then again, probably not.

I just wish that the reporters would get the facts straight. While the site of the shooting is located near Moorpark Road, it is in Thousand Oaks, not Moorpark as numerous reports have stated.

move to my country, while we do have crime and bad things happen, we DONT have mass shootings, our children are safe in schools, you can go to a nightclub or bar or cinema or outdoor music event without the fear of a white man with mental illness killing people with a legally obtained gun.

Impossible! Next you're going to tell me that your citizens are entitled to healthcare and a affordbale food. How do you survive?

I agree, the only way this sickness in America will be cured is when it starts to affect revenue and money. For example, I recently watched a report on the Ebola virus outbreak in the last few years. This virus was killing people in Africa but it was not reported or help given until it started to spread to Europe and America. The same with the plastic in the worlds oceans, This has been happening for years in low economic and developing countries, but now it is affecting Europe and America it is big news and public opinion is changing.

I did a college module on Change Management in Business. It is very hard to manage change and to get people to accept a new way of doing things UNLESS there is self realisation and self motivation to change

My husband and I have had to lie on top of our children for fear of bullets ending their lives one time and it was at the Fort Lauderdale airport . My son was 11 years old and sleeping when we pulled him off of that airport bench and laid on top of him. If I recall correctly I was screaming “Not my babies Rob. Please save our babies.” I was there with 13 of my family members . There was a stampede to the exits , I was sure it was a terorist attack and we were about to die . Security and airline staff were running past us screaming for us to run. I still live with guilt for the order in which I protected people. Kids first, then I looked for my husband , barely thought of my parents or siblings whom I love dearly, pulled a teenager out the door with me because she was rooted in place screaming for her mom and couldn’t find her . It was horrifying. All so very horrifying.
Every time we watch coverage like we did this morning we look at the faces of the survivors and we get it. We get the shock and how lost and sickened and terrified they are.

America has a huge problem on its hands right now, One that touched us too closely. And every time I watch another of these mass shootings I wonder what it’s going to take to change it. It’s sickening.

And every time I watch another of these mass shootings I wonder what it’s going to take to change it. It’s sickening.

The only thing I can think is economic pressure, since value for life does not seem to be important enough here. Money is more important. If you don't have to travel to the US, don't travel to the US.

I think this one is going to get ugly, not a neighborhood that will go down without a fight

*Note that enforcement of Proposition 63’s restrictions on large-capacity magazines have been temporarily delayed pending an ongoing legal challenge by the NRA’s California affiliate.

@pigletto, I remember when that happened to you. {{hugs}} The ceaseless mass shootings must be even more terrible for you.

First thoughts & prayers to all affected by this beyond senseless tragedy. ((((HUGS))))

Due to changes that I would like to see happen that hasn't happened, we've changed how we live our daily lives. This world needs more love, acceptance, & kindness.

Thing is, this is not a gun problem. The problem is that human life is not valued.

A person who wants to take lives can do it with or without a gun; remember that the worst American terrorist event (in terms of loss of life) was perpetuated by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City, and he didn't have a gun at all. Similarly, I can't remember the name of the guy who just ran over a bunch of people with his car. With or without guns, evil-doers can take lives. We have to focus on the real problem, not the tool with which all-too-many people commit the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter