Another waitlist win!

SaraSpringsIsHome

Too excited to sleep!
DH and I were booked at AKL Jambo in a Savanna studio, January 1-5. I was looking forward to our stay there, but I put in a waitlist at BLT for a standard studio on a whim, since the points were the same. With it being such a busy time, I thought being able to walk to the MK would be really nice, plus we've never stayed at BLT together.

Around 11:15 this morning, I got an email that our waitlist went through!!! I’m SO excited! And shocked.

Anyhoo, don’t give up hope on those waitlists, even if they seem like a long shot. 64 days until we leave!

Last edited:
Congrats.

To optimize my chances I always only WL one day at a time. Since we can have to WL running at the same time I set up two for single days. On top I stalk the RAT.

I have the time during regular business hours to do it - if you dont then you have to rely solely on the WL.

Congrats.

To optimize my chances I always only WL one day at a time. Since we can have to WL running at the same time I set up two for single days. On top I stalk the RAT.

I have the time during regular business hours to do it - if you dont then you have to rely solely on the WL.

If you need a stay longer than two days, do you just WL two days at a time?

My experience with waitlists has been poor, I have never gotten any. I have tried to waitlist SSR, BLT and AKV, but it has usually been in high demand times or very popular things such as a Value Studio. Also, my SSR was requesting a whole week.

I think the idea they are saying is to try to pick off 1 day at a time, then string them together.

I have a waitlist for next spring, I have a studio at Copper Creek, for 6 nights, BUT the first 2 nights are in a tub studio, the last 4 in a shower only studio. I did a waitlist for only night 2, and also for nights 1 and 2, in the shower studio. I am ok with just night 2, because we arrive in the evening on night 1 anyway, so not too bad to move the next morning. I just booked this last week, so it was well within the 7 month window, so I was lucky to get any studio.

I first had 3 nights tub room, then missed a night, then 2 nights in tub room. I grabbed the 4 nights in a row shower studio, just by stalking, must have beat a waitlist, just luck. I am happy to have 6 nights in same resort, will love it no matter how it works out! (home resort is now WL BR, and I have stayed in CC before).

In the interest of better understanding how the Waitlist functions, let me tell you about my experience today.

I have heard that the Waitlist seems to work slowly and at unpredictable times. Perhaps that is true, but that is not what appeared to happen this morning. This morning it appeared to work instantly.

I had a Standard 2-Bedroom (not a lockoff) scheduled at Bay Lake Tower for October 12th through the 18th. I also had a Standard Studio at Bay Lake Tower, scheduled for next October, the 13th through the 18th. Since I wanted to run it the same time as the 2 bedroom (there will be 12 of us), I had also previously set up a Waitlist request for a Standard Studio for the first night, the night of October 12th so that the Studio reservation would be concurrent with the 2-Bedroom.

As you can tell from this, today is November 14th, so I am working right on the edge of 11 months out. I have been chasing STANDARD rooms at BLT for next October, for several days, and I can tell you, the Standard Studios have been booking out WITHIN SECONDS after the program opens in the morning. Since I didn’t think my Waitlist request was likely to come through, I decided today to shift the reservations to the period of October 14th through the 20th, 2019, and while I was at it, I decided to try to change the 2-Bedroom into a 2-Bedroom Lock-Off. So, this morning, at 7:55 AM, I was signed on, ready to try to grab a 2-Bedroom Lock-Off, right at 8 AM. But I had no such luck. They were gone almost instantly.l

Anyway, after I failed to secure a 2-Bedroom Lockoff, I decided to go cancel my Waitlist request so that I could shift the Standard Studio to the same period as the 2-Bedroom. I pulled up the Waitlist request and hit CANCEL, and then I got the Dwarven Screen of Death (It just went round and round until it told me it couldn’t do that at this time.) I figured okay, I would cancel it later, so I just went to my Standard Studio reservation for October 13th through the 18th and modified it to October 14th through the 20th. THEN, I went back again to try to cancel my Waitlist request, but, low and behold, it had been filled!

As far as I can tell, someone was walking a reservation, and they shifted over from the 12th to today, the 14th, and thus freed up the 12th, and the Waitlist program booked it almost instantaneously. That is why I got the Dwarven Screen of Death. Because the Waitlist request had converted into a reservation, moments before I could cancel it.

So, at least sometimes, the Waitlist program seems to work almost instantaneously.

I have mostly had good experiences with wait listing. But for an upcoming reservation (Nov 27- Dec 4) I wait listed at two resorts about 5 months in advance --- they never came through.

It's always a happy dance when a waitlist works out.

Congrats!

DH and I were booked at AKL Jambo in a Savanna studio, January 1-5. I was looking forward to our stay there, but I put in a waitlist at BLT for a standard studio on a whim, since the points were the same. With it being such a busy time, I thought being able to walk to the MK would be really nice, plus we've never stayed at BLT together.

Around 11:15 this morning, I got an email that our waitlist went through!!! I’m SO excited! And shocked.

Anyhoo, don’t give up hope on those waitlists, even if they seem like a long shot. 64 days until we leave!
Nice Score...

Congratulations!

I had an eight night one bedroom preferred booked at SSR for January 4-12 and this past Friday, I was able to get BLT January 4-9 in studio lake view by stalking and last three nights at SSR, where I already had our dinners planned at DTD. I could have also had the night of January 9 but my dd wants to move so we can walk to DTD for our dinners.

I wanted to WL and stalk last part of our trip to stay at BLT but was over ruled.

Last edited:
Congrats! :woohoo:We really enjoyed BLT this past trip in October, first time. Hope that you enjoy!::yes::

Congratulations!

I had an eight night one bedroom preferred booked at SSR for January 4-12 and this past Friday, I was able to get BLT January 4-9 in studio lake view by stalking and last three nights at SSR, where I already had our dinner planned at DTD. I could have also had the night of January 9 but my dd want to move so we can walk to DTD for our dinners.

I wanted to WL and stalk last part of our trip to stay at BLT but was over ruled.

Yay, glad you got your monorail resort!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter