Another stroller ?

hgsmom

Earning My Ears
I have a stroller question that I know has already been on these boards, but the search engine is down, so here goes again... I am looking for a good (comfortable) reclining umbrella stroller that doesn't break the budget. DH may kill me if I buy another stroller (this will make 4) but the one that I use shopping is bulky to carry folded up. I would like the stroller to have a basket but that is not a necessity as I could buy one to attach to the back. My DD will be 2 in Oct. 2002 when we go to WDW so weight limit should not be a problem. Thanks in advance.
Karla:)

we have a combi SUBV and love it. It is not an unbrella stroller but folds up as small as one and has a shoulder strap to carry it. It also holds up to 45 lbs which is very high for a stroller under 200. It runs between 40-70. I found it online at www.combistrollerstore.com for 39 plus shipping.

B/4 our Nov. trip I was so concerned about this too. We ended up taking our regular reclining Graco stroller with a big storage basket, cup holders, and personal organizer and I am so glad we did. Our DD could sleep comfortably in her well padded stroller when she needed too, we had plenty of space for the diaper bag and purchases not to mention holders for all three of our beverages. On the monorails and big boats you can just roll the stroller right on. On the busses while it may not have been the most convenient item to fold up with two of us, it was do able. Our friends went with us with their 2 yo and they did the same thing and both families remarked several times during our trip how glad we were that we brought the nice big comfortable strollers. Just a different opinion you might not have thought about.

Have a great time on your trip!

They run between $30 and $50, depending on where you buy it. Target stores often carry it, and you are sure to find it at the RightStart, though they overcharge for it. You can get them from online sources, too.

If you have a Baby Depot nearby, they always have inexpensive reclining umbrella strollers with flat canopies in stock.

I'm a total convert to European super-umbrellas myself; I have a Maclaren. However, if that is nearly $300 you don't want to spend, a Kolcraft or equiv. will do just for occasional travel. :D

(PS: I have 6 strollers and one child!)

We have a Graco literider that we used on our last trip. It seems comfortable for our 2 1/2 year old, has a good size basket, and cupholders, the front tray is removable also. It isn't an umbrella stroller, but doesn't seem too big for us when folded. I think I have also heard of Kolcraft umbrella strollers that recline. It just seems the umbrella strollers are more cramped for little ones to ride in. You might also try ToysRus or www.babystyle.com not sure if they have a nice reclining one or the prices though. good luck.

As a self-proclaimed stroller-a-holic, I would advise that you bring the stroller that you own that you're most comfortable with. I went out and bought this great 9-pound reclining (expensive) stroller for my trip and it ended up being a waste.

My friend, who brought her inexpensive $50 Graco reclining stroller with the giant basket and the tray, had a much easier time with her toddler. He could eat anywhere (mine didn't have a tray, so giving DS a snack was a real pain). Her son napped great, she had a cup holder (I didn't) and she had a giant basket that she didn't need to empty when she got on the bus to get it to fold. She had a gian't awning for shade (mine didn't). etc. etc. I think it was one of the cheapest Literider models. The only inconvenience was that it was bulky on the buses, but then, that was only 20 minutes of inconvenience per day during what seemed to be 20 hour days.

Good luck and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter