another stroller question

Jeno

Earning My Ears
Ok, we are all booked and ready to roll to WDW in august. Three boys, ages 6, 5, and 3. I feel we will definately need a stroller, though no one uses them here at home. We DO however use a bike trailer. So I bought a new one, a convertible that changes to a stroller. It looks almost exactly like the Epcot double strollers. Figured it would be great to have in the campground since we are taking the bikes, and still have the stroller for use in the parks.
Now I'm hearing things about problems getting off and on the transportation. How difficult is this going to be? Is it even going to be possible?

This stroller does NOT fold at all, small as it gets is taking the wheels off. It has the hard plastic bottom and is pretty good sized. Like I said, it looks almost exact to the ones in Epcot. Am I going to be able to use it in the parks at all?

thanks!

Honestly, if it doesn't fold, no. It sounds like it will be wonderful to have around FW, but I'd get a cheap collapsable one to take to the parks. Even if you drove to the parks (which I strongly advise against), you'd have to walk all the way to the front gate instead of taking the tram.

I agree with Kermit.
If it doesn't fold, it will be impossible to use the WDW busses.

No way... sorry. Imagine trying to get it through the door of a crowded city bus while loading your stuff and three children. That's what the bus service is like at WDW - also from the campground you will have to change buses for several of the parks. Even worse would be the tram - NO WAY will that type of bike trailer (we have one) fit on the tram so if you decided to drive to a park you would have to walk from your spot which can be extremely far from the park esp at AK and Epcot.

TJ

Now my curiosity has peaked. We were planning on taking the stroller we have for DD. It is what I would consider a normal stroller that folds flat. Would we be better off renting at the parks? I have heard the line to rent is usually long. And I hate to buy an umbrella stroller for Disney alone.

If you do buy an umbrella stroller beware of what you buy. The one that we have is not ideal. The handles are not long enough so your back is hunched over and your feet often hit the wheels. The wheels often spin the wrong way as well so it is not always the easiest to manoever.

We ended up buying an Inglesina stroller which is a convience stroller type. Folds up small, has a handle to carry it, will fit on the buses, has a storange bag, and hood...is very well made, and is well padded for comfort.

Paid 100.00 for it on Strollers4less.com website, and got it within 8 days.

Ratpack,
I don't think you need to have an umbrella stroller for Disney. The first time we went with our oldest, we brought her regular Century stroller because we figured it would be more comfortable for her. It folds flat and wasn't a problem at all (of course it is heavier to lift). But I would never even consider renting at Disney, just too expensive and not worth the hassle.

I agree, you do not need to have an umbrella stroller. We took our Graco Lite Rider stroller, which is bigger than the umbrella, but smaller than some I have seen. I think that is a good size, as it seems to have a more comfortable seat than the umbrellas and also a good size basket underneath. We had no problem getting it on buses, etc.

Also, Ratpack, sorry, but I think there is no way you will be able to get on the Disney transportation with a stoller that big. From our experience, all strollers need to be folded up to get on the buses.

Ratpack,
Any stroller that folds should be okay. On our first trip with our first DD (then age 13 months), we bought an umbrella stroller because the cost of the stroller was much cheaper than the cost of a rental every day. In addition, we had use of the stroller everywhere (not just the parks). We couldn't have done Downtown Disney without a stroller. We now have two DD's, so last night I bought a double umbrella stroller for our next trip in Oct-Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter