Another Shooting, Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this discussion back to the original murderer, the judge this morning revoked the original bond of $2 million. There was general outrage over the fear that his rich father who gave him the guns would be able to bond him out. After all if you think it is OK for your crazy son to have dangerous weapons, you probably think it is OK to get him out of jail. Maybe he would have then armed him again (sarcasm).

A search of this guys apartment found a Remington hunting rifle, 2 scopes, more than a thousand rounds of ammunition, various computers and 3 routers. Who knows what else he was planning or was capable of killing.

Bringing this discussion back to the original murderer, the judge this morning revoked the original bond of $2 million. There was general outrage over the fear that his rich father who gave him the guns would be able to bond him out. After all if you think it is OK for your crazy son to have dangerous weapons, you probably think it is OK to get him out of jail. Maybe he would have then armed him again (sarcasm).

A search of this guys apartment found a Remington hunting rifle, 2 scopes, more than a thousand rounds of ammunition, various computers and 3 routers. Who knows what else he was planning or was capable of killing.
I hadn't heard that he was on a $2 million bond. What the heck? Doesn't that mean that you pay $200,000 in cash to get out? Jeff Reinking could easily raise that much cash.

I'm glad they revoked the bond. Someone with mental illness that kills 4 people while naked shouldn't have a bond AT ALL. He's been a danger to society for years and they is no reason whatsoever for him to be out of jail or a mental institution for even one more minute.

I will grant you that they may move onto something else, but the severity of the injuries from AR-15s and their ilk are far worse than an ordinary handgun or rifle. If you have not read this yet, please take a moment to read the first hand account of a doctor who treated victims at the Parkland shooting: https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...land-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/ .

Wrong. First, that link makes no mention of a comparison to “other” rifles. It compares exclusively to handguns, and under very specific circumstances.

A typical deer hunting rifle fires a bullet at roughly the same velocity as an AR-15, but with 50% greater diameter and triple the mass. I can assure you, the damage it does makes the AR-15 round look like a cork gun in comparison.

In fact, the #1 complaint from field soldiers when the M16 was implemented was that it was ineffective against enemy soldiers in comparison to the Garand rifle and the M14 used previously.

And while it’s true the typical AR-15 round expends more energy than a 9mm handgun round, the heavier handgun rounds actually penetrate better than the much lighter bullets used in the AR-15 (assuming expanding ammo is used).

Wrong. First, that link makes no mention of a comparison to “other” rifles. It compares exclusively to handguns, and under very specific circumstances.

A typical deer hunting rifle fires a bullet at roughly the same velocity as an AR-15, but with 50% greater diameter and triple the mass. I can assure you, the damage it does makes the AR-15 round look like a cork gun in comparison.

In fact, the #1 complaint from field soldiers when the M16 was implemented was that it was ineffective against enemy soldiers in comparison to the Garand rifle and the M14 used previously.

And while it’s true the typical AR-15 round expends more energy than a 9mm handgun round, the heavier handgun rounds actually penetrate better than the much lighter bullets used in the AR-15 (assuming expanding ammo is used).
Did you read the article?

Do you regularly watch FOX news and listen to conservative talk radio? Unless that is all you watch you are "hearing" what some people are saying. Are YOU actually hearing that, or are you just repeating other's opinions on what is on FOX news and talk radio?
I listen to talk radio (not by choi

I know many gun owners, and from what I do know about them (which admittedly isn't everything) they don't think anyone is coming to take them all from their homes. However, they do feel that their right to own them is being infringed on a little but at a time.
And I won't share their thoughts on banning AR-15's because you clearly have a bias against people who do and you probably aren't going to listen to the facts- like MOST gun killings are not done by them.

Yes I do listen to Fox with my mouth hanging open. Many of the same people listen to Alex Jones,
Do you regularly watch FOX news and listen to conservative talk radio? Unless that is all you watch you are "hearing" what some people are saying. Are YOU actually hearing that, or are you just repeating other's opinions on what is on FOX news and talk radio?
I listen to talk radio (not by choi

I know many gun owners, and from what I do know about them (which admittedly isn't everything) they don't think anyone is coming to take them all from their homes. However, they do feel that their right to own them is being infringed on a little but at a time.
And I won't share their thoughts on banning AR-15's because you clearly have a bias against people who do and you probably aren't going to listen to the facts- like MOST gun killings are not done by them.

LMAO when did I say that anyone thinks they are taking them from they're homes, I said they are fed info led by lapierre bought fox and the other out there radio shows that any intelligent regulation means they are going to take away all their guns.

You need to find better news stations.

Also you need to know better people, I know no one that has a ar 15 for being "macho, tough guy" actually, I don't know who has one and who don't, not a question I usually ask of someone when I meet them or even after I've know them for years.

Tells me about all I need to know.

LMAO.

I did and it doesn’t mention other rifles at all.
You're right. It mentions the difference between injuries from hand guns and from AR-15s. I think the argument that was made to keep AR-15s around because the "bad guy" will just find something else doesn't hold water. The damage left behind from an AR-15 is far worse than a hand gun and that is one of the reasons it is used in situations like this shooting.

Did you read the article?
I read most of it, it rambles on and one big problem is with the assertions made such as this;
-“The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. “
-“The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different”
-“With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate”
An AR15 is a rifle and comes in several calibers including the very popular handgun round 9mm. And yes accuracy would matter just the same with an AR.

You're right. It mentions the difference between injuries from hand guns and from AR-15s. I think the argument that was made to keep AR-15s around because the "bad guy" will just find something else doesn't hold water. The damage left behind from an AR-15 is far worse than a hand gun and that is one of the reasons it is used in situations like this shooting.

Do you really think an AR ban is going to keep them out of the hands of criminals? Why don't we just make killing illegal and then we can stop all the deaths... Oh wait. If someone wants to use an AR to shoot people, they're going to find an AR whether they're banned or not.

Not to mention the fact that many hunting rifles are the same mechanically as the AR and would cause just as much damage, but because they don't have the same cosmetic features as the AR (which again has nothing to do with how it fires), would not be affected by the proposed weapons bans. There are plenty of hunting rifles and shotguns that have a higher caliber bullet and can invoke more damage.

The AR-15 is but one of thousands of rifle options that can cause more damage than a handgun. Moreover, you cannot be deader than dead. We can trot out thousands of cases of people who died from a single small caliber handgun bullet and many others who survived multiple hits from an AR-15. Many of the Pulse survivors were shot 4 or more times.

And again, the comparison was made to a 9mm handgun, not “all” handguns. The 9mm is considered the “bare minimum” for service handguns. Significantly more powerful handguns are available, including many that match or even exceed the energy level of a typical AR-15 round (I say typical because the AR-15 is available in more than 2 dozen calibers. The .223/5.56 is by far the most common).

The reason so many choose the 9mm is because it’s considered “enough gun” to be effective at typical handgun ranges. More power does not equal more effectiveness. The worst school shooting in our history was performed exclusively with small caliber handguns as are the vast majority of homicides in this country.

My views are not extreme at all, i believe in gun ownership with intelligent regulations. As far as the crazy things even your hero Lapierre says it along with the others. Fear mongering they're coming for you etc etc. I can post endless things on here too many just do some research Google it.

This thread does not need you to bring up...yet again on the Boards..conspiracy theorists and launching into a diatribe when this thread isn't even related to that and just what in tarnation do you mean by "your hero". What are you going on about?

Strike that..respectfully I don't even want to know.

I hadn't heard that he was on a $2 million bond. What the heck? Doesn't that mean that you pay $200,000 in cash to get out? Jeff Reinking could easily raise that much cash.

I'm glad they revoked the bond. Someone with mental illness that kills 4 people while naked shouldn't have a bond AT ALL. He's been a danger to society for years and they is no reason whatsoever for him to be out of jail or a mental institution for even one more minute.
Yeah having a bond to begin with is interesting. I don't know enough about bonds to know if there are specified reasons when a bond is not given versus it's given just a higher total amount but IMO this person shouldn't have even had a bond available if for nothing else other than his mental status should be looked into.

Your views are definitely extreme.

LMAO Actually you saying that my wanting intelligent gun regulations is extreme or that those other things are not being said on Fox, or by LaPierre or the others is completely disingenuous. We all know people even our P.

This thread does not need you to bring up...yet again on the Boards..conspiracy theorists and launching into a diatribe when this thread isn't even related to that and just what in tarnation do you mean by "your hero". What are you going on about?

Mackenzie do you even know who LaPierre is, you need educate yourself before you get in a discussions with me.

Last edited:
Mackenzie do you even know who LaPierre is, you need educate yourself before you get in discussions with me.
I'm aware because you won't stop talking about him, I'm not one to go conversing about extreme viewpoints frankly. You've mentioned it in multiple threads. Like I mentioned in another thread,For someone who doesn't want people to listen to the dude you sure do quite a lot of talking about him.

Respectfully, I don't think back and forth is going to go anywhere. I'm trying to get back to the content of the thread though. So let's just move on at this point.

LMAO Actually you saying that my wanting intelligent gun regulations is extreme or that those other things are not being said on Fox, or by LaPierre or the others is completely disingenuous. We all know people even our P.
You said
My views are not extreme at all
I disagree based on reading your posts in this thread.

Do you really think an AR ban is going to keep them out of the hands of criminals? Why don't we just make killing illegal and then we can stop all the deaths... Oh wait. If someone wants to use an AR to shoot people, they're going to find an AR whether they're banned or not.

Not to mention the fact that many hunting rifles are the same mechanically as the AR and would cause just as much damage, but because they don't have the same cosmetic features as the AR (which again has nothing to do with how it fires), would not be affected by the proposed weapons bans. There are plenty of hunting rifles and shotguns that have a higher caliber bullet and can invoke more damage.
It will keep them out of the hands of people like this murderer, the one at Parkland FL, the one in Sutherland TX, the one in Las Vegas NV, the one in Orlando FL, the ones in San Bernardino CA ... and the one in Newtown CT. That’s enough for me. As for the other firearms, I see it as a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter