Another question (sorry!!)

carengalletta

Earning My Ears
Is Fort Wilderness connected to Wilderness Lodge at all? For example, do they share amenities, or are they 2 completely separate resorts?

They are two separate resorts. They share a trail between them, and the boats travel between them also.

No shared amenities.

A paved walking trail....

A common bus road....

And a boat ride shared with the Fort, Contemporary, and WL link only.

That's all there is in common between the Fort and WL. (Other than the 'W' word).

No pool hopping (darn WL folks we don't want them sneakin' over to our pools)

The big 4-wheel bike rental thingies have to stay over on the WL side of the road/trail. Our pets on their walks scare those big bike riders....

WL folks always comin' over trying to rent golf carts and take them back to WL (WL just not equipped to handle them).

And they run away from their rare outdoor movies (just a couple a week) for our Chip & Dale singalong and movie every single night....

I kinda feel sorry for those folks stuck over at the hotels. Don't you? We campers got the BEST WDW experience. ::yes::

Bama Ed

PS - I've tried to y'use a "sense of humor" here.... :rolleyes1

PPS - I wish all those WL folks who clog up our rocking chairs on the Trails End porch with its beautiful view would go back to the WL Lobby and stare at their interior view (fireplace rocks?) while sitting in their own rocking chairs....

[/URL

PPPS - and don't get me started on the Contemporary folks who try to sneak over.... :sad2:

Last edited:

No shared amenities.

A paved walking trail....

A common bus road....

And a boat ride shared with the Fort, Contemporary, and WL link only.

That's all there is in common between the Fort and WL. (Other than the 'W' word).

No pool hopping (darn WL folks we don't want them sneakin' over to our pools)

The big 4-wheel bike rental thingies have to stay over on the WL side of the road/trail. Our pets on their walks scare those big bike riders....

WL folks always comin' over trying to rent golf carts and take them back to WL (WL just not equipped to handle them).

And they run away from their rare outdoor movies (just a couple a week) for our Chip & Dale singalong and movie every single night....

I kinda feel sorry for those folks stuck over at the resorts. Don't you? We campers got the BEST WDW experience. ::yes::

Bama Ed

PS - I've tried to y'use a "sense of humor" here.... :rolleyes1

PPS - I wish all those WL folks who clog up our rocking chairs on the Trails End porch with its beautiful view would go back to the WL Lobby and stare at their interior view (fireplace rocks?) while sitting in their own rocking chairs....

[/URL

PPPS - and don't get me started on the Contemporary folks who try to sneak over.... :sad2:

Ha!!! (We were booked at the Contemporary and switched to tent camping at FW if that tells you anything!!!) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!