• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Question about the Gac pass

• Thread starter chelsea&austinsmom
  • Start date
C

chelsea&austinsmom

I was released from the hospital yesterday and just had a pace maker put in. We are due to leave for WDW this Friday the doctor said we still can go but I have to take it easy. I will not be able to go on the roller coasters or ride that will throw me all over the place. I'm still very sore from the surgery and not sure how long I will last at the parks. Would I be able to get a GAC pass? Any help would greatley be appreciated.

Yes but you might be better off getting a wheelchair or an ECV. You can take these through most lines.

Several years ago I had a kidney out. My doctor told me that when I went to the parks if there was a sign about pregancy, bad backs or heart problems it also applied to me for the next six months.

I agree completely with Talking Hands. You will certainly have a stamina problem and should rent an ECV from off-site for the duration of your trip. The ECV gives you more freedom than a wheelchair and emotionally you will feel you are not being a burden on others in your group. From off-site because they are better than the ones Disney rents and wll be available to you at all times (some of the hotel corridors are very long).

For stamina concerns, guest services will say for you to get a wheelchair/ecv as the distance between rides is much longer than the lines themselves. Also realize that this trip you just might need more "down time" and try not to push yourself. Have fun- the weather's great right now! Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter