• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Player Enters the Fray

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
In this weekend's SF Chronicle, there was a short article (which I don't have a link to, sorry) that Sony is planning to expand on its effects department's success by entering the animation field. The new division would be focused entirely on computer-animation, since (like everyone else) they are looking to duplicate the success of Toy Story, Shrek, and Monsters, Inc. Sony anticipates a picture every 18 months, once the department is up and running (est time 3-5 years).

I suppose this is good news/bad news. The good news is that those of us who are animation buffs will have another player to watch (who will hopefully put out good stuff and raise the level of competition). The bad news is that they are totally focused on the medium and don't seem to be considering the story, which is the most important element -- just look at The Simpsons, mediocre animation, but great stories.

Oh well, maybe somebody at Sony (or, *gasp* even Disney) will realize that we don't need gimics, just good stories well told.

Sarangel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter