Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

If this is your first time I have to suggest, avoid the 3:00 show, 3:30 Safari. Which was a 12:00ish meal
They swap a lot of animals out at 4:00ish so when you do a 3:30 Safari you hit the time when they've started that swap and they clean some exhibits and get them ready for the night Safari (something we learned from our guide)
We didn't care, having been so often but they'd already pulled both sets of dogs from the hyenas/painted dog area. Giraffes had queued to go in, elephants were inside, Lions were inside, Cheetahs had been pulled. Hippos pulled. So needless to say we didn't see much

This is hugely helpful - thank you so much! This would have been exactly the time I would have picked in order to work with our evening plans, but I will be really disappointed if we miss so many of the animals on the safari. I think we may need to look at our plans and pick a different day, so that we can have a later lunch or an early dinner. Thank you!

If this is your first time I have to suggest, avoid the 3:00 show, 3:30 Safari. Which was a 12:00ish meal
They swap a lot of animals out at 4:00ish so when you do a 3:30 Safari you hit the time when they've started that swap and they clean some exhibits and get them ready for the night Safari (something we learned from our guide)
We didn't care, having been so often but they'd already pulled both sets of dogs from the hyenas/painted dog area. Giraffes had queued to go in, elephants were inside, Lions were inside, Cheetahs had been pulled. Hippos pulled. So needless to say we didn't see much
We went on the Safari last year and I was wondering where the crocodiles had gone. It was right after the hurricane. So, when we got off of the ride and I asked one of the attendants what happened to them.

She told me that they are very hard to move and are motivated by food. Since they only eat every so often they had to wait a few weeks before they could move them again. I hope to learn lots more like this.

I'm hoping someone can advise me... If we have a 12:15 lunch reservation and are scheduled for the 5:00 show, when would our safari occur? I'm trying to plan out my day for fast passes, and I wasn't sure if the safari would possibly be right after lunch? Any advice is appreciated!

I'm hoping someone can advise me... If we have a 12:15 lunch reservation and are scheduled for the 5:00 show, when would our safari occur? I'm trying to plan out my day for fast passes, and I wasn't sure if the safari would possibly be right after lunch? Any advice is appreciated!
From previous posters, it seems the safari is always right after the show. So if you have 5pm show, plan for 530pm safari.

Thanks for the tip!

Do you think there is any way we would be able to make a 6:30 ROL? I was thinking of getting a fast pass for it.
You can make the show but the FP won't help much. They will have opened the FP seating to anyone by the time you are able to make your way over there.

Just wanted to add a brief review as we did this package a couple of weeks ago. We did Tier 1, lunch at Tiffins was excellent and good value as we could choose anything from the menu to eat, I had the surf and turf which was delicious. The front row seats for festival were incredible, although we’ve seen the show loads of times before I noticed details I hadn’t seen previously being so close to the performers.

There were only 2 other people doing Tier 1 at that time so the safari was great, as we’d all ridden it previously the guide focussed on details they don’t normally talk about and we learnt a lot. Overall we really enjoyed this package and would do it again if it’s still available next time we visit.

Has anyone heard if this package will be offered past the current dates (like.... to February :))?

We're going tomorrow! I have been off the DisBoards grid for a couple of weeks and stumbled on this package when I was looking for dining at Animal Kingdom. We have a 2:00 lunch res and a 5:00 show with FPs for Everest in between... so we'd probably better lay off the dessert before the roller coaster! I'm happy to hear everyone's great reviews.

Did anyone ever find out if there's an AP discount? I booked online so wasn't able to ask.

We're going tomorrow! I have been off the DisBoards grid for a couple of weeks and stumbled on this package when I was looking for dining at Animal Kingdom. We have a 2:00 lunch res and a 5:00 show with FPs for Everest in between... so we'd probably better lay off the dessert before the roller coaster! I'm happy to hear everyone's great reviews.

Did anyone ever find out if there's an AP discount? I booked online so wasn't able to ask.
No AP (or TiW) discount. Just like any other dining package

Has anyone heard if this package will be offered past the current dates (like.... to February :))?
Just signed us up for this package on Feb 28. My 9 yearvold niece is a huge lion king fan and she loves the safari, so I think this will be just the ticket for her birthday!

Just signed us up for this package on Feb 28. My 9 yearvold niece is a huge lion king fan and she loves the safari, so I think this will be just the ticket for her birthday!

WHAT??? Off to run and check the dates it's offered and completely retool my entire plans for the day now! :) @AngiTN just in case you didn't see this!

I hope they extend this into December. My daughter and I would love to do this.

Looks like they did!

I've just looked at all my time options for this package. We have DAH at MK that evening, which start at 8 pm (park entry at 7 pm or maybe earlier). My original plans included a 4:00 Tiffin's regular ADR, then heading over to the MK for the evening. I didn't want to do dinner too much later, with the travel time involved (and possible stop at the Poly at our room along the way). I was just planning to fit the Lion King show and the safari in some time earlier, most likely with FPs.

The best package time for us would be the 12:30 pm lunch with the 3:00 show, but that conflicts directly with your report above. This will be our first time ever at the Animal Kingdom. Thoughts on whether I should go with the package (I really would love the show seating and the private-ish safari, I think), or if I should just do all 3 separately as planned? Many thanks in advance!

DH and I did it today
Nothing was a disappointment
Tiffins was spectacular. They've made a few menu charges since our last visit (that wasn't the special meal with Joe) and they now serve what I think it's the best steak on earth. Some tenderloin from a locally sourced farm that was so tender you didn't need to chew, it melted
Loved the seats for lion king. First row
As for our safari, we for to see the baby giraffe so all was right with the world, lol
Following this thread after booking this yesterday. So thrilled to read that you loved it and now so excited to do this with the family! Thanks for your input!

We are signed up to do this in late January! Tier 1 - lunch at Tiffin’s at 12:35 pm, 5:00 pm show, and obviously Safari afterward. I don’t know how I lucked into the 5:00 pm show, but I did. Every other lunch reservation would only pull up 2:00 and 3:00 pm shows!

It will be me and the kids - is normal casual dress ok? We’ll be in jeans and Mickey shirts probably, ha!

I rather hope this extends into summer. It might be a fun experience for us. We want to do a few special experiences - it is getting difficult to pick which ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter