Another onsite-offsite debate

Should I choose Hilton Bonnet Creek or Disney All Star resort?

• Hilton Bonnet Creek

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Disney All Stars

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I was looking at flight-hotel packages for this upcoming September, and it looks like the prices are similar for All Stars and Hilton Bonnet Creek. Any advice?

Both have 60-day FP and EMH.
We do not want the DP, and don't charge to MBs.

We will not have a car.
I like DME on arrival, but prefer Uber back to MCO. I have TSA precheck, so DME on the way back wastes too much time.

I will be solo with DD4. I assume September will be HOT and ridiculously crowded, so we'll probably be spending the afternoons at the hotel.

Both resorts have free shuttles. HBC run hourly or half-hourly (depending on park and time of day) on a schedule. Disney's are potentially more frequent, but less predictable.

DD will have a bubblebum booster with her, so we can easily use a regular Uber.

DD would love the over-the-top All-Star theming, but the pools are basic. The Hilton has amazing pools with lazy river, etc., but no Disney theming.

From the website, it looks like the Hilton's kids club starts at age 5, and the drop-in activities (I assume she could do with me present) seem to have fees. I'm not sure how much there is in the way of fun pool-side activities for kids at HBC. I've also never participated in kids' resort activities at Disney, but assume there are some free ones DD could do at AS.

I do plan to spend a pretty significant amount of time at the resort. Due to the opening of Galaxy's Edge, I've had to adjust my expectations for park time, so this will be the first time the resort is more than a place to sleep at Disney. No full resort days are planned, but I plan to retreat when the crowds and heat become overwhelming (so most of every afternoon?).

I don't think I would go car free at any non-Disney hotel unless you plan to Uber to and from the parks. Even the Disney Springs bus system, arguably the best by far for offsite hotels was not great IMO. (We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Disney Springs several years ago.)

It sounds like a coin toss, probably because I’ve developed a love for rideshares to/from the parks, so lack of busses wouldn’t phase me.

What would tip it for me, personally, is that I didn’t find the beds at the All Stars to be comfortable at all. I haven’t slept in a refurbished unit yet, so I can’t comment on that yet, but a good night’s sleep trumps any other minor difference to me.

I was looking at flight-hotel packages for this upcoming September, and it looks like the prices are similar for All Stars and Hilton Bonnet Creek. Any advice?

Both have 60-day FP and EMH.
We do not want the DP, and don't charge to MBs.

We will not have a car.
I like DME on arrival, but prefer Uber back to MCO. I have TSA precheck, so DME on the way back wastes too much time.

I will be solo with DD4. I assume September will be HOT and ridiculously crowded, so we'll probably be spending the afternoons at the hotel.

Both resorts have free shuttles. HBC run hourly or half-hourly (depending on park and time of day) on a schedule. Disney's are potentially more frequent, but less predictable.

DD will have a bubblebum booster with her, so we can easily use a regular Uber.

DD would love the over-the-top All-Star theming, but the pools are basic. The Hilton has amazing pools with lazy river, etc., but no Disney theming.

From the website, it looks like the Hilton's kids club starts at age 5, and the drop-in activities (I assume she could do with me present) seem to have fees. I'm not sure how much there is in the way of fun pool-side activities for kids at HBC. I've also never participated in kids' resort activities at Disney, but assume there are some free ones DD could do at AS.

I do plan to spend a pretty significant amount of time at the resort. Due to the opening of Galaxy's Edge, I've had to adjust my expectations for park time, so this will be the first time the resort is more than a place to sleep at Disney. No full resort days are planned, but I plan to retreat when the crowds and heat become overwhelming (so most of every afternoon?).
I have no idea what the Hilton at BC is like but I presume it's nice if it's like most other hilton chains. I am not a fan of the all stars but that's just me, so even without a car, I would choose the Hilton. However, if you are looking value, I would price out POP Century, which I much prefer and the rooms have been recently refurb so it's a lot nicer of a value IMO. Then you wouldn't have to rely so much on uber. And you could always do a minnie van back to the airport. I've never done DME since we always drive to WDW but I hear it's a time killer so the minnie van would be a better choice, just more cost.

I have no idea what the Hilton at BC is like but I presume it's nice if it's like most other hilton chains. I am not a fan of the all stars but that's just me, so even without a car, I would choose the Hilton. However, if you are looking value, I would price out POP Century, which I much prefer and the rooms have been recently refurb so it's a lot nicer of a value IMO. Then you wouldn't have to rely so much on uber. And you could always do a minnie van back to the airport. I've never done DME since we always drive to WDW but I hear it's a time killer so the minnie van would be a better choice, just more cost.

I like Pop, too. We stayed there last fall, and it was great, even without the gondolas. Unfortunately, it's not one of the hotels that's coming up for me with the airline's bundled air+hotel packages, which seem to be cheaper than booking separately,

Wouldn't even blink ... Hilton Bonnet Creek. True deluxe hotel over motel where most rooms need renovating.

ESPECIALLY if you are taking mid-day breaks. The pools aren't even comparable.

If you aren't Hilton Honors be sure to sign up.

I would eventually like to stay in every Disney resort hotel, although I have to admit, the All Star's are pretty low on the list. If that is something important to you, I would stay at All Star. If its not, I would stay at the Hilton which will clearly be a nicer hotel.

IMO between both hotels I would pick Hilton Bonnet Creek HANDS DOWN! Hilton BC is a beautiful resort with expansive grounds, multiple pools, lazy river/water slide, multiple restaurants/bars, etc. and it's also attached to the Waldorf Astoria which you can walk over to and enjoy the restaurants and grounds there also. Not to mention, Hilton BC is a Four Diamond hotel which is considered an upscale resort and all rooms are contained within one central tower with indoor corridors, Pop Century on the other hand is a Value Resort and the rooms are spread out among multiple buildings and all exterior corridors which some may find uncomfortable.

As far as transportation, I have found Hilton BC's bus system to be reliable and actually a step UP from the DS-springs hotels. Hilton BC has its own private motorcoach bus that it only shares with the Waldorf Astoria next door so the trips tend to be quick and direct.

Hi - And with thanks! So, I was about to vote Hilton, and thought I really should look at their website. As I really liked what I saw, I booked the Hilton for two nights in early December (hope I didn’t take the last room in your category for those two nights) and will cancel Art of Animation tomorrow morning. Only slight hesitation was due to the $45/night resort fee (making Hilton a bit more dear) but Hilton perks (and the HHonora points we get) will out-weigh.
In summary: I vote Hilton, with appreciation. And a special mention to MrKnight for the summary of positives!

I wouldn't stay at any off site hotel without a car, without at least planning on using taxis/Uber to get around.

Oh, and keep in mind that the shuttle will drop you off farther away from the park gates than a Disney shuttle. Many of the off site stops are basically out in the middle of the parking lot, with no shelter at all.

Clap Your Hands - As you identify yourself as a Disney Veteran, I am guessing you have stayed on site before with your DD. So, as for on-site/off-site, I would try the off-site Bonnet Creek to be able to compare. And, to my experience, a four year old is going to love the pool wherever it is. If it were a first stay, I’d vote on site no matter what.
In our case, we are in Disney for a week and can only get DVCs for first two days and then last three days, so will enjoy trying the Hilton BC for those two near-impossible-to-book at Disney nights.

I wouldn't stay at any off site hotel without a car, without at least planning on using taxis/Uber to get around.

Oh, and keep in mind that the shuttle will drop you off farther away from the park gates than a Disney shuttle. Many of the off site stops are basically out in the middle of the parking lot, with no shelter at all.

Disney has taken steps to make this less an issue, which is good since most their park guests come from offsite.

Epcot ~ the offsite shuttles actually drop right across from the Value Resort bus stops. Long yes, but just as long as if OP stayed at a Value.

DHS ~ the offsite shuttles lane is literally only about 40 ft past the other bus stops as it's incorporated in to the new plan.

AK ~ the offsite shuttle bus stop is actually closer to the front entrance that those coming from some of the AKL buses, especially the Values.

MK ~ the offsite shuttles drop at the TTC just like the Uber/Lyft. So yes you add the monorail/ferry ride but so does everyone who drives from their offsite.

The location of the bus stops is not an issue; what would be an issue for me is the regularity of the shuttles and do they go to EVERY park or is it one you need to transfer at one park to get to another. HBC has a decent schedule and goes to each park ... but it is a "route" style which means you have to allow time for multiple stops if you are trying to make an ADR or FP+.

Wow, I'm confused after reading these!!!
I just know that a small child like yours would rather be at a pool than a park. At least that's what my kids and grandkids wanted. I remember my 5 y/o asking when are we going back to the hotel to swim, while we were at the parks. So, I would probably opt for HBC. But the convenience of being onsite, esp if you dont' have a car, might sway me too. I think any pool will be awesome for your little one. and the onsite perks are great too.
Boy, I don't know, but I just changed my mind to POP.
It's Disney either way so it will be fun:)

I voted for BC. We have never done an AS, but did Pop last year and were very surprised at how much we liked it. If it was a vote between pop and BC, I would pick pop. But I just don’t think AS are as nice as pop from what I’ve read. And even if it costs a little more adding in Uber, I would do a nicer resort like BC over an AS resort.
You can easily Time your trip to the parks to catch the shuttle, and Uber back of the shuttle schedule doesn’t work for you. I think there are deals for BC in the mouseavers newsletter sometimes too- maybe check into that.
Have a great trip!

IMO between both hotels I would pick Hilton Bonnet Creek HANDS DOWN! Hilton BC is a beautiful resort with expansive grounds, multiple pools, lazy river/water slide, multiple restaurants/bars, etc. and it's also attached to the Waldorf Astoria which you can walk over to and enjoy the restaurants and grounds there also. Not to mention, Hilton BC is a Four Diamond hotel which is considered an upscale resort and all rooms are contained within one central tower with indoor corridors, Pop Century on the other hand is a Value Resort and the rooms are spread out among multiple buildings and all exterior corridors which some may find uncomfortable.

As far as transportation, I have found Hilton BC's bus system to be reliable and actually a step UP from the DS-springs hotels. Hilton BC has its own private motorcoach bus that it only shares with the Waldorf Astoria next door so the trips tend to be quick and direct.
I’m an on-site only person. But the above post is spot on. I love the Values. Don’t get me wrong. But BC is a very nice resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter