• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another one bites the dust

mog

DIS Veteran
Our Germany trip for June was just cancelled today. Funny - I just talked to them yesterday and they said they were still taking bookings for that trip. Oh well...
They did offer to book us on any other date (even during peak season) for the price that we were already booked at. I guess I'm just a little leary of setting yet another date and having it cancelled. That could go on all summer!

Man! This is getting scarier and scarier! I can't even keep track of how many trips that is that have been canceled! Cripes!

Sorry, mog. It sucks that they told you yesterday it was OK. They had to have *SOME* idea it was being considered for cancellation!

Sayhello

Our Germany trip for June was just cancelled today. Funny - I just talked to them yesterday and they said they were still taking bookings for that trip. Oh well...
They did offer to book us on any other date (even during peak season) for the price that we were already booked at. I guess I'm just a little leary of setting yet another date and having it cancelled. That could go on all summer!

I am so sorry you had to join the club of cancellations. I hope it works out for you :sad2:

Thanks for the replies. I agree - this is just getting worse and worse with the cancellations. We did wonder if we should just take our money back and do it ourselves - they did offer our deposit back if we were unable to make it on another tour date. However, after much agonizing we came up with a couple other dates that would work for us so I will call tomorrow and see what we can do. It does make me nervous, though - I really don't want to go through all the planning again just to have it cancelled on me yet again. This is such a bummer!

We did the Germany trip last year. There is no way that you'll be able to recreate the same experience. This was the BEST vacation ever!

Not an easy decision on your part mog. Good Luck!

Disney must be making the decisions on a day-to-day basis for these cuts.

We did the Germany trip last year. There is no way that you'll be able to recreate the same experience. This was the BEST vacation ever!

I am glad to hear that. We were so excited about it and now we are all kind of apprehensive - wondering if it will be cancelled again, worried about how much money it is going to cost, etc. I am happy to hear that it will be worth it!

Not an easy decision on your part mog. Good Luck!

Disney must be making the decisions on a day-to-day basis for these cuts.

I believe they are - I had literally just talked to them the day before and they told me they were still booking for our date. Even after all this, they still would not tell our travel agent if/how many people were booked on our new date that we chose! So I feel like we are still taking a chance on it. If they cancel this one we will probably just take our money back and give up on ABD.

What was the date in June of your cancelled Germany trip? My mom and I are booked on the June 26th-July 4th trip We are also doing the Signature South Africa trip on July 6th-July 17th. I have already booked my air and pre-hotel stays to match my trips. It would really be a mess to have to reschedule.

What was the date in June of your cancelled Germany trip? My mom and I are booked on the June 26th-July 4th trip We are also doing the Signature South Africa trip on July 6th-July 17th. I have already booked my air and pre-hotel stays to match my trips. It would really be a mess to have to reschedule.

The cancelled one was on June 19. I really think they just had too many planned. They had about 2 per week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter