another MDE fiasco - sharing profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
So I planned my mom's trip for her, my dad, my sister and my sister's 4 kids. I did it under my mom's MDE account, but she asked me to make some changes when I was not around a computer (wanted to drop an Epcot day for a MK day) so when I WAS next at the computer I started sharing profiles so I could do things from the app on my phone without logging out of my account and into her account.

Well basically it would not let me share the kid profiles AT ALL but the two adult profiles I DID share ended up creating a copy of those profiles in MY account, deleting the profiles from her account taking the tickets and fastpasses with it.

They are right in the middle of their trip right now so I was on the phone late last night attempting to deal with this and again early this morning (they are NOT rope drop people, I believe their first FP is 11am). Of course first level Disney IT can't deal with this, it is apparently a team of 20 who is dealing with all of this stuff and they are predictably overwhelmed. I was told that they prioritize people who are in the middle of their trips over people who are not but back on the phone again the next morning before dawn to try to get this fixed before they go to the parks for the day.

Both of my parents have mobility issues and they have my sister, who is useless and her 4 little kids (oldest is 11) with them. The reason I planned their trip for them is that they do not get Disney or this tech stuff at all. There are going to be a huge row if they have to spend an hour in line at guest services at the park to get this resolved and they don't even know what they are trying to get resolved or how to articulate what is wrong.

Someone send me pixie dust for getting this resolved this morning but my advice: until the new version of MDE gets more stable, do NOT share out any profiles across accounts if you are in the middle of a trip. My friend also shared a profile with friends to plan together and the secondary profile on the account disappeared from it, along with the AP pass associated with it, now assigned to the person they shared the profile to. Disney IT was able to address it after several days and luckily they were not in the middle of anything important and no FPs were planned. My parents' profile is a disaster right now with me assigned to one of their FPs and 6 total in the party instead of 7. This has got to be a known issue since it's the second time I personally know of sharing a profile doing that... it's just more difficult for me because of the fastpass situation.

I was told by Disney IT that whenever there is a change made it generates an entry in a log so they can see that the system canceled these FPs and they will be able to restore them. Let's hope that happens before they show up expecting to go on FoP today :P

oh and the hold music just went from universe of energy to it's a small world. really disney? you have to torture me in every way possible?

Last edited:
So I planned my mom's trip for her, my dad, my sister and my sister's 4 kids. I did it under my mom's MDE account, but she asked me to make some changes when I was not around a computer (wanted to drop an Epcot day for a MK day) so when I WAS next at the computer I started sharing profiles so I could do things from the app on my phone without logging out of my account and into her account.

Well basically it would not let me share the kid profiles AT ALL but the two adult profiles I DID share ended up creating a copy of those profiles in MY account, deleting the profiles from her account taking the tickets and fastpasses with it.

They are right in the middle of their trip right now so I was on the phone late last night attempting to deal with this and again early this morning (they are NOT rope drop people, I believe their first FP is 11am). Of course first level Disney IT can't deal with this, it is apparently a team of 20 who is dealing with all of this stuff and they are predictably overwhelmed. I was told that they prioritize people who are in the middle of their trips over people who are not but back on the phone again the next morning before dawn to try to get this fixed before they go to the parks for the day.

Both of my parents have mobility issues and they have my sister, who is useless and her 4 little kids (oldest is 11) with them. The reason I planned their trip for them is that they do not get Disney or this tech stuff at all. There are going to be a huge row if they have to spend an hour in line at guest services at the park to get this resolved and they don't even know what they are trying to get resolved or how to articulate what is wrong.

Someone send me pixie dust for getting this resolved this morning but my advice: until the new version of MDE gets more stable, do NOT share out any profiles across accounts if you are in the middle of a trip. My friend also shared a profile with friends to plan together and the secondary profile on the account disappeared from it, along with the AP pass associated with it, now assigned to the person they shared the profile to. Disney IT was able to address it after several days and luckily they were not in the middle of anything important and no FPs were planned. My parents' profile is a disaster right now with me assigned to one of their FPs and 6 total in the party instead of 7. This has got to be a known issue since it's the second time I personally know of sharing a profile doing that... it's just more difficult for me because of the fastpass situation.

I was told by Disney IT that whenever there is a change made it generates an entry in a log so they can see that the system canceled these FPs and they will be able to restore them. Let's hope that happens before they show up expecting to go on FoP today :P

oh and the hold music just went from universe of energy to it's a small world. really disney? you have to torture me in every way possible?
Fingers crossed this is an easy fix!

So sorry this has happened. I love Disney, but their IT leaves me scratching my head. They have made it such an important, and integral part of anyone's trip, and yet it is so unstable and quirky. These kind of occurrences are not at all uncommon, and do not lead to a good guest experience.

I’m wondering if it would be worth the site considering making an MDE specific forum? There just seems to be so many problems/questions regarding MDE it might help if they were all in one place?

I hope you get the help today to solve this. You are brave to take this on for your family. I hope they have a great time.

Oh, I'm so sorry!!! Would love to hear an update to see if Disney IT is able to save the day! o_O

I’m wondering if it would be worth the site considering making an MDE specific forum? There just seems to be so many problems/questions regarding MDE it might help if they were all in one place?

Nobody would go to that forum, and threads would still be constantly started in TPAS. Didn’t work for the supposedly-easy-as-pie FP either.

Hoping someone will read this and can avoid the same issue
Thanks for posting.

Whenever being the Concierge Planner for someone who has their own MDX account, it’s always best to use their login ID and adjust plans from within their MDX account. It only takes a few seconds to logout of an MDX account on the app and login to another’s MDX.

Closing as the issue has been resolved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter