Another Magic Express Question

bvolek86

Earning My Ears
I currently have a reservation at SSR with BWV and BCV waitlisted. If I fill out my DME request now for SSR what happens if my waitlist comes through? Does it switch over to? Will I have to call and change it myself? Thanks!

I would call to make sure they send you the correct yellow tags, or you luggage may end up at SSR not where you are staying. If you get SSR tags, and switch after, don't use them, just pick up your luggage and take it to the ME bus.

I would call to make sure they send you the correct yellow tags, or you luggage may end up at SSR not where you are staying. If you get SSR tags, and switch after, don't use them, just pick up your luggage and take it to the ME bus.
Actually, this is not necessary. The bar codes update in the back end system. None of the handlers read the tags with eyes. It's all scanner.

Actually, this is not necessary. The bar codes update in the back end system. None of the handlers read the tags with eyes. It's all scanner.
This is exactly what I was told when I switched rooms after making a reservation that as long as it carried the same reservation number (booked through a waitlist or modification) then everything would work. Only issue is if the reservation number changed it wouldn’t work.

This is exactly what I was told when I switched rooms after making a reservation that as long as it carried the same reservation number (booked through a waitlist or modification) then everything would work. Only issue is if the reservation number changed it wouldn’t work.
Yep.

And when you consider the massive volume of luggage, it makes sense they only try to read tags in worst case scenarios. Scan and toss. Scan and toss.

This is good to know... although, I have always called and updated my Magical Express info if my resort changed. I guess I see it as better safe than sorry.

I always shudder realizing how much luggage is tossed around. How about "scan and place?" HA HA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter