Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Stopping by to say hello to my fellow ALDIO-ians.:wave: I trust everyone is well and that the U.S. members are getting ready for the big day on Thursday? Everyone Christmas tree ready, or is it up already? Met with some Dis friends over the weekend who have their tree(s) already setup and lit:thumbsup2 Our day will happen over the weekend. @leebee any update on the nuptials? @Kitty 34 how's the house coming along? @jevs where the heck are you?:confused: Would love to hear from everyone.:earsboy:

Getting ready for Thanksgiving here. (DS does not like any Christmas before, but I have snuck a couple of things in. No tree yet, though.)

We've already had our first snow, and Thursday is supposed to be in contention for the Thanksgiving record as far as cold goes.

We go to my in-laws, about 20 minutes away, so I just have to bring a few things, and I picked up the last of my groceries today.

We're heading out of town for Thanksgiving, so we're doing laundry, packing, etc.

No Christmas prepping here yet. I would have already decorated but the other two veto that idea every year.

Stay warm, PollyannaMom!

How fun to meet up with DisFriends, Micca!

Happy Thanksgiving, US Friends!!! And Happy Normal Thursday to Jane, RonandAnnette, and Jevs!

:badpc::cold:
Glad you had a great trip Ron!! My sister and BIL are going to Disney the week after Thanksgiving with their son and family. She said she's going to love it because her DIL is doing all the planning. They just have to be the grandparents!!! :)

And Leebee, I woke up to 4 inches of snow. Did Ronandannette send a bunch our way!! :rotfl:

Twilight, enjoy your trip, too.
Maybe so, because we’ve had really lovely weather the entire month of November. Only a skirmish or two of snow and daytime temps anywhere from 35 - 60 F. Much more like what we should have had in September instead of what we got. :cold:

Stopping by to say hello to my fellow ALDIO-ians.:wave: I trust everyone is well and that the U.S. members are getting ready for the big day on Thursday? Everyone Christmas tree ready, or is it up already? Met with some Dis friends over the weekend who have their tree(s) already setup and lit:thumbsup2 Our day will happen over the weekend. @leebee any update on the nuptials? @Kitty 34 how's the house coming along? @jevs where the heck are you?:confused: Would love to hear from everyone.:earsboy:
Heavens no - I don’t even think about it until into December. This year the decor (including tree) will go up the weekend of the 9th because that’s the first one in many, many weeks where I don’t have a lot of other things going on.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving all! We had a lovely one in October. Your holiday season seems so frantic and non-stop - I hope you have some restful times just enjoying your bounty too. :wave2:

We're heading out of town for Thanksgiving, so we're doing laundry, packing, etc.

No Christmas prepping here yet. I would have already decorated but the other two veto that idea every year.

Stay warm, PollyannaMom!

How fun to meet up with DisFriends, Micca!

Happy Thanksgiving, US Friends!!! And Happy Normal Thursday to Jane, RonandAnnette, and Jevs!

Everyone whom has not as yet had YOUR Thanksgiving, ENJOY!

Btw, my bone discard plates are available. ;)

:wave2:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my dear Aldios! I'm thankful Willy J started this thread so long ago as I feel a very special bond with all of you who frequent this thread. Hope everyone is having a fun day even our Canadians who celebrated the REAL Thanksgiving (thanks Ronandannette for that piece of info ;) ) last month. :teeth:

And Ron thanks for asking about our house........let's just say possibly next Thanksgiving I can get back to hosting the meal....possibly. :rolleyes1

I'll never eat again:faint: Actually I ate only a modest amount considering it was Thanksgiving. I was going to pass on the German chocolate brownie with the ice cream, but DW chose it for my birthday so how could I resist? :teeth: We had a very nice day just the two of us, the rest of the fam will be back in town tomorrow and we have a sale or two to hit early in the morning. If I can get up in time.:blush: Hope everyone had a nice day whether it was a holiday or not. Hey, pretty sure it's a weekend no matter where you are.:thumbsup2

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, even if it is a bit late for our Canadian friends. We went to dinner at our dear friends, as all our families are out of state. DD was home for the holiday, and that brings us great joy. Unfortunately, we arrived home from our evening to the phone call that my mother in law passed away around 5:30 tonight. Our hearts are breaking. I am grateful that DD is here with us at this time, and only wish her fiance could be here for her. I love my MIL deeply, and am closer to her than I ever was to my own mother. I am comforted knowing that she is no longer tormented by the cancer that was stealing her from us, little by little, but I oh, so wish we had one more chance to talk to her, hug her, hear her laughter and see her smile. She loved us all. :sad1:

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, even if it is a bit late for our Canadian friends. We went to dinner at our dear friends, as all our families are out of state. DD was home for the holiday, and that brings us great joy. Unfortunately, we arrived home from our evening to the phone call that my mother in law passed away around 5:30 tonight. Our hearts are breaking. I am grateful that DD is here with us at this time, and only wish her fiance could be here for her. I love my MIL deeply, and am closer to her than I ever was to my own mother. I am comforted knowing that she is no longer tormented by the cancer that was stealing her from us, little by little, but I oh, so wish we had one more chance to talk to her, hug her, hear her laughter and see her smile. She loved us all. :sad1:
Oh, I speak for all of us I'm sure, when I offer deep sympathy. My own DMom passed away on (our) Thanksgiving weekend 2 years ago. It's now a bittersweet time and you'll find it the same. Grace and peace as you get through the the next few days making arrangements and saying your farewells. :flower3:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my dear Aldios! I'm thankful Willy J started this thread so long ago as I feel a very special bond with all of you who frequent this thread. Hope everyone is having a fun day even our Canadians who celebrated the REAL Thanksgiving (thanks Ronandannette for that piece of info ;) ) last month. :teeth:

And Ron thanks for asking about our house........let's just say possibly next Thanksgiving I can get back to hosting the meal....possibly. :rolleyes1
https://www.bustle.com/articles/124...iving-is-different-from-american-thanksgiving

Even I didn't actually know all of this - it's pretty interesting! I hope you had a great day and that you're keeping your chin up during the on-going reno. :flower3:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter