Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Since we back up to woods and have a bit of the woods on our property along with having a leaf blower as of last year we just blow the leaves into the woodsy parts of our property (we don't blow them into the woods as that's not our property) instead of raking the leaves. I mean it is good for the soil and whatnot for the leaves to decompose and provide nutrients right lol.

We live in the middle of forest well, on three sides. We do not rake leaves either but, our prevailing fall winds just blow them into the tree lines. It's somewhat the same with winter's snow. However, we do have a 'snow blower' attachment on our tractor. :cold:

Our pretty autumn weather may be behind us. We got a real cold snap over the weekend and enough snow to cover the ground again yesterday. It’s -11C here this morning - just about time for me to haul my mitts out of the back of the closet. :teeth:

The worst thing about this time of the year is the “dread”. You never really know if this snowfall is the one that stays or if it will turn nice again for a little while. One thing is for sure...Winter is Coming...:scared:

My younger brother stopped by your lovely airport yesterday then, boarded a plane out of Calgary's cold -5 +Snow, headed to Cancun! :)

The Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. She's a large ship but, I don't intend to see all of her this time! :boat:
That's a big ship. That might help with your mother-in-law in terms of never having done something like this on the water. The only cruise I've been on we caught half-way through (long story) but I was 15 and it was Carnival Glory. I didn't feel the boat moving other than being a bit more careful in the bathroom area at night.

We live in the middle of forest well, on three sides. We do not rake leaves either but, our prevailing fall winds just blow them into the tree lines. It's somewhat the same with winter's snow. However, we do have a 'snow blower' attachment on our tractor. :cold:
Here it's an uphill battle to keep the leaves where they get blown into the woods. The winds like to bring them right back to the grassy area :laughing:.

We have a snow blower but have yet to really use it save for a couple of times in the 4 years we've lived here. I don't want deep deep snow here but I could def. do with more than an inch that gets melted or the 3-5inches total the whole season that we've had the last couple of years. We got the snow blower because our driveway is massive and just would be way too much work to do with a shovel alone.

Btw, I loved the TX accent during my conversations with the agency.

Edited: Oops! You are in TN not TX. :)

Ha, ha! I've lived in TX, too. Not for long, so no accent, though. I have a very bland accent. When I first moved to TN, people kept asking where I was from. No drawl, no twang, consonants are pronounced and not dropped, t in the middle of a word doesn't become d, etc. I suppose this happened because we moved around so much when I was growing up, but I can't say for certain.

Fall colors are fairly pretty here but quickly fading as the trees lose their leaves. But boy oh boy does our backyard, like normal, have a ton of leaves on the ground. We're umm a bit lazy nowadays. Since we back up to woods and have a bit of the woods on our property along with having a leaf blower as of last year we just blow the leaves into the woodsy parts of our property (we don't blow them into the woods as that's not our property) instead of raking the leaves. I mean it is good for the soil and whatnot for the leaves to decompose and provide nutrients right lol.

Yes, I fully believe in giving back to the earth what it gives to us! : ) We blow or rake our leaves into our landscape beds and leave them to break down. We have rich, dark, lovely soil full of earthworms now. When we first moved in, the dirt was horrible - red, compacted, and lifeless. I say leave them to break down under your trees. Laziness sometimes has its rewards.

Has anyone seen @jevs around the boards lately? If you're here, Jevs, sending a big hello and hoping things have calmed down a bit for you. I hope your dad's health has improved since you last posted on here. In case you're still too busy, here's an escape for you:

700_FO40728385_e54eb4fb039ea258305ac428d12b633a.jpg

Actually, now that winter is coming, we all might decide to join you! Probably wouldn't be quite as relaxing for you, though!

Has anyone seen @jevs around the boards lately? If you're here, Jevs, sending a big hello and hoping things have calmed down a bit for you. I hope your dad's health has improved since you last posted on here. In case you're still too busy, here's an escape for you:

Actually, now that winter is coming, we all might decide to join you! Probably wouldn't be quite as relaxing for you, though!

I think you have to do breakfast right next to the hammock to entice Jevs to come around these parts like our OP use to do many moons ago. ;)

That's a big ship. That might help with your mother-in-law in terms of never having done something like this on the water. The only cruise I've been on we caught half-way through (long story) but I was 15 and it was Carnival Glory. I didn't feel the boat moving other than being a bit more careful in the bathroom area at night.

Here it's an uphill battle to keep the leaves where they get blown into the woods. The winds like to bring them right back to the grassy area :laughing:.

We have a snow blower but have yet to really use it save for a couple of times in the 4 years we've lived here. I don't want deep deep snow here but I could def. do with more than an inch that gets melted or the 3-5inches total the whole season that we've had the last couple of years. We got the snow blower because our driveway is massive and just would be way too much work to do with a shovel alone.

The newbe to cruising is our Dil not Mil. :)

The Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. She's a large ship but, I don't intend to see all of her this time! :boat:
We've never sailed that ship and have now learned it is moving to homeport in Southampton late next year. :hyper: Very excited by this because we're looking forward to cruising the British Isles for our 25th Anniversary in 2020 and simply cannot wait until the itineraries are released for booking!

My younger brother stopped by your lovely airport yesterday then, boarded a plane out of Calgary's cold -5 +Snow, headed to Cancun! :)
...and did he have Chick-Fil-A??

Pretty sure it's springtime where @jevs is - what a lovely thought! :flower3:

I awoke today to 2" of snow, totally unexpected. I put a pot of bones and trimmings on to boil down for soup and thought I'd check in on everyone. Wedding plans are moving along, albeit not smoothly. The soon-to-be inlaws are being difficult, at best, and have made DD cry on more than one occasion. I posted all about it over on the thread about the "mother of the groom dress" if you want to read.. I just don't have the energy to go through it all again. The wedding will be on June 16 at a winery/distillery in NH. It's a 3 hour drive from our home, but also a 3 hour drive from DD's, so it seems like a decent compromise. She has also FOUND HER DRESS! It was clearly her dress... she put it on, didn't want to take it off, but tried on a few more, the last of which she also really liked. She put this one back on, looked at me and said, "Mama, this is the dress I'm going to wear to marry Alex," and burst into tears. HAPPY tears, this time, for her, me, and her MoH's mom. It was a lovely time! Dress fits her like a glove, except needs a bit of hemming, and by buying it off the rack, I saved 20%- WIN all around!

We are also gearing up for the holidays and some travel. My MIL is pretty ill- her breast cancer has metastasized and she almost died from tumor/adhesions/holes in her intestine- so after T-giving I will go visit her again (we did an unplanned trip to see her when she was in the hospital and so very very ill) in early Dec. My sister and BIL who live in New Orleans are coming up for Christmas, so we will go to my other sister's to see them on Christmas, then stay through until the 29th as I have an annual Cousins' Christmas reunion on the 27th-29th. We will be within a half-hour of where DD's wedding will be, so I think my sisters and I will drive over and scope out the venue with decorating in mind. Work continues to keep me crazy-busy, but the last lab I have to teach this semester is on Dec 7, which will be here before I know it. School won't start aging until January 22, and although I have a pile of stuff to do over the semester break (reset the lab drawers, do the chemical inventory, fun crap like that), my time will be more my own... and there's all that pesky wedding planning to do, hahaha! DH and I will also go see his mom again; his time during the semester isn't as free as mine, so he can't go with me in early Dec.

That's about it from this end of the world. I think I'll spend today cooking- it's grey, cold, wet. Sounds like a soup and casserole kind of venture!

I awoke today to 2" of snow, totally unexpected. I put a pot of bones and trimmings on to boil down for soup and thought I'd check in on everyone. Wedding plans are moving along, albeit not smoothly. The soon-to-be inlaws are being difficult, at best, and have made DD cry on more than one occasion. I posted all about it over on the thread about the "mother of the groom dress" if you want to read.. I just don't have the energy to go through it all again. The wedding will be on June 16 at a winery/distillery in NH. It's a 3 hour drive from our home, but also a 3 hour drive from DD's, so it seems like a decent compromise. She has also FOUND HER DRESS! It was clearly her dress... she put it on, didn't want to take it off, but tried on a few more, the last of which she also really liked. She put this one back on, looked at me and said, "Mama, this is the dress I'm going to wear to marry Alex," and burst into tears. HAPPY tears, this time, for her, me, and her MoH's mom. It was a lovely time! Dress fits her like a glove, except needs a bit of hemming, and by buying it off the rack, I saved 20%- WIN all around!

We are also gearing up for the holidays and some travel. My MIL is pretty ill- her breast cancer has metastasized and she almost died from tumor/adhesions/holes in her intestine- so after T-giving I will go visit her again (we did an unplanned trip to see her when she was in the hospital and so very very ill) in early Dec. My sister and BIL who live in New Orleans are coming up for Christmas, so we will go to my other sister's to see them on Christmas, then stay through until the 29th as I have an annual Cousins' Christmas reunion on the 27th-29th. We will be within a half-hour of where DD's wedding will be, so I think my sisters and I will drive over and scope out the venue with decorating in mind. Work continues to keep me crazy-busy, but the last lab I have to teach this semester is on Dec 7, which will be here before I know it. School won't start aging until January 22, and although I have a pile of stuff to do over the semester break (reset the lab drawers, do the chemical inventory, fun crap like that), my time will be more my own... and there's all that pesky wedding planning to do, hahaha! DH and I will also go see his mom again; his time during the semester isn't as free as mine, so he can't go with me in early Dec.

That's about it from this end of the world. I think I'll spend today cooking- it's grey, cold, wet. Sounds like a soup and casserole kind of venture!

It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plate right now. First, hugs. Cancer is a monster. Wishing your MIL a team that can manage her pain and make her as comfortable and as strong as possible while she fights this beast.

I haven't read your thread about the Mother of the Groom Dress, but I'm sorry to hear MIL is causing your DD grief during what should be a happy time. Hopefully this passes quickly and everyone behaves nicely from here on out.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your DD in her dress one day!!!! It does sound like she found the perfect one for their special day.

I'm so glad you have some fun Christmas adventures planned and a nice, long break from work (minus the tedious stuff - maybe you can play your favorite music to make the work fly by). Enjoy your soup and casserole and try to stay warm!

Hi ALDIO-ians:wave2: Just back from a F&W trip at WDW. I was trying to keep up with the posts but just had my phone to work with (too small to post much.) We left Orlando on Tuesday it was 90 degrees, two days after returning home it snowed!

Had a fun trip with DW & DD, don't even want to think how much money we spent on F&W and the usual Disney merch. This trip was also fun because I spent a couple of hours with another Dis-er at Trader Sam's @AMusicLifeForMe :smickey:

Hi ALDIO-ians:wave2: Just back from a F&W trip at WDW. I was trying to keep up with the posts but just had my phone to work with (too small to post much.) We left Orlando on Tuesday it was 90 degrees, two days after returning home it snowed!

Had a fun trip with DW & DD, don't even want to think how much money we spent on F&W and the usual Disney merch. This trip was also fun because I spent a couple of hours with another Dis-er at Trader Sam's @AMusicLifeForMe :smickey:

Sounds like a great trip! Disney $ are like Disney calories - they don't count! : ) How fun that you were able to have a DisMeet!

I have Disney news, too. Our magic bands arrived yesterday! Guess it's time to start packing.

Glad you had a great trip Ron!! My sister and BIL are going to Disney the week after Thanksgiving with their son and family. She said she's going to love it because her DIL is doing all the planning. They just have to be the grandparents!!! :)

And Leebee, I woke up to 4 inches of snow. Did Ronandannette send a bunch our way!! :rotfl:

Twilight, enjoy your trip, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!