Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Cinnamon is good in coffee, and Harney and Sons makes a tasty cinnamon tea. I haven't had cinnamon in hot chocolate, but cayenne in hot chocolate or coffee is really, really good if you like a little kick. It's also a great remedy for a sore throat.

P.S. Jane, I love your tea cup!

It's a real oldie (46 years) but, a goodie! :cloud9:

Last edited:
Yesterday's beach day!

:beach:

IMG0432A.jpg
Our dgs being buried by our Nephew's son!

IMG0442A.jpg
The boys shaking hands through a sand tunnel!

IMG0443A.jpg
Above the tunnel!

IMG0447A.jpg

Slainte! using mini milk containers at dinner! This was a tad of a faux pas though. If you look closely the milk spilled from dgs's container into the crayon cup! The picture caught gnephew in a smirk. The two had a great day together; As did Dh & I. :)

IMG0419A.jpg

Day's end... sigh!

Attachments

• IMG0419A.jpg
    IMG0419A.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG0419A.jpg
    IMG0419A.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We are venturing out again! We had a beach day, pictures upthread in an earlier post. We are going back to where (we went last summer's end just 3 of us) to Niagara Falls (45 mins. away lol!) on Tues. with our dgs 10, my brother, dsil, and their 11 year old grandson (our gnephew) Two nights at the Hilton Fallsview. Middle Tower that houses the three story spiral slide/pool!

This year's special activity, is the Skylon Revolving Restaurant for dinner. Other than 2 day mini vacations since 2014 when mobility/pain became an issue; we've not taken him anywhere *special since 2013 when the three of us went on the *Disney Wonder to Nassau.

I pray once again my knees carry me!! pixiedust:

If you'd like me to I'll post pictures when we return? .:)

Last edited:

We are venturing out again! We had a beach day, pictures upthread in an earlier post. We are going back (we went last summer's end just 3 of us) to Niagara Falls (45 mins. away lol!) on Tues. with our dgs 10, my brother, dsil, and their 11 year old grandson (our gnephew) Two nights at the Hilton Fallsview. Middle Tower that houses the three story spiral pool!

This year's special activity, is the Skylon Revolving Restaurant for dinner. Other than 2 day mini vacations since 2014 when mobility/pain became an issue; we've not taken him anywhere *special since 2013 when the three of us went on the *Disney Wonder to Nassau.

I pray once again my knees carry me!! pixiedust:

If you'd like me to post pictures when we return? I wiil.:)

I would love pictures. Be sure to get one of the 3 story spiral pool. That sounds like so much fun. Have a great trip and may your knees behave.

Magic Band day is awesome! I had the purple band last trip, yellow & blue before that.:mickeyjum
I had Aaron look at the colors and he was like "hmmm the green's too bright of a green, don't want the orange or the yellow, no on the pink, blue is ok, hmmm I think I'll go with the purple it's a good color purple".

He can be a little picky at times :rotfl:

Would you be overwhelmed to know some people even decorate them? -

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ic-bands-please-show-us-the-pictures.3190181/

(Don't feel pressured! - I only saw two, besides my own, the whole trip, so you absolutely don't have to. But it's fun if you enjoy crafty stuff.)
I've actually peeked in that thread (well ok maybe skipped ahead a bunch lol). I think it's amazing what people do with the MBs-clearly we've got some imaginative DISers. I considered maybe doing something but I'm not quite certain I want to YKWIM? It can be overwhelming I think in looking/considering all the possiblities you can do with them that's for sure.

I had a purple magic band and my DH had a blue one for our visit this summer! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring them with us. We ended up with orange and grey :sad1: Oh well, at least we were at Disney!
Awww that's a bummer to forget them :sad1::sad1:. That will be one item that I'll be checking every 5 seconds I know to make sure yes I did indeed bring them. There's always one item that I'm frantically looking around the house for either the night before or just before we're leaving for whatever reason it gets me everytime.

I considered maybe doing something but I'm not quite certain I want to YKWIM?

I prefer the simple elegance of the natural state of the Magic Band:snooty: :teeth:

I've been tempted to buy one of the more elaborately designed bands but they seem kind of pricey when the standard ones are free (for on-site guests.) I enjoy using them while on property. Yes it's makes it easy to spend a lot of money but that's essentially why I'm there. Besides I'd love to have a MB that would unlock my house, start the car, bring me a beer...:p

I prefer the simple elegance of the natural state of the Magic Band:snooty: :teeth:
Nicely stated :P. I've gone back and forth between the two options but right now leaning more towards no decoration.

I've been tempted to buy one of the more elaborately designed bands but they seem kind of pricey when the standard ones are free (for on-site guests.)
That's sorta my thought as well. Even with off-site it would be $12.99+tax and the special bands start at something like $22.99 and up to $40s. I don't begrudge peeps who buy them it's just an expense that I'm not too keen on spending at this time.
Besides I'd love to have a MB that would unlock my house, start the car, bring me a beer...:p
:lmao:Oh see now you're on to something there :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!