Another ECV Question

umbluegray

Mouseketeer
I've been checking out the websites of the various suppliers of scooters in the Orlando area. They all suggest that, to keep the battery level up, you should plug in the charger when you're at lunch.

Is this necessary? Does the battery level usually last most of the day?

Does WDW have exposed outlets throughout the parks that guests can use?

Thanks

I don't know anyone making such recommendations.

The normal rental scooters can handle maximum weight at maximum speed for 25 miles. You will probably never do as much as ten miles in a day.

I even have had times when I have left the ECV in the trunk overnight and not taken it back to the room for recharge and have had no problems the next day.

Some of the newer, smaller, ECVs (but not rentals) have smaller battery packs only good for ten miles. I would not worry about it.

Also, most of the scooters do not have built-in rechargers. The charging unit for my scooter, which is similar to those used by Walker, is 9" wide by 7" high by 5" deep and will fill up most of the basket.

The only way you would have a problem is if you use it for three or four days without recharging, or if one of the batteries is defective.

Hi There,

Both my parents used an ECV while we were there in December. They used them from early in the morning to early to mid evening and never had any difficulty. They did take care to always turn them off if we were just hanging out for a bit, having a snack or something.

I can't imagine that you would have any trouble.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter