Another Disney Store Closing

The Disney Store in Memphis, TN closes tomorrow. From what we learned it was not Disney’s intention to move. Instead the mall sold their lease (and other businesses) to H&M. Since they had the old 90s design moving wouldn’t have been as easy. So no more Disney Store in the western part if the state. Sad.

I just read about it on Reddit. Seriously the ONLY reason I even went to the mall anymore with the crime wave.

I just read about it on Reddit. Seriously the ONLY reason I even went to the mall anymore with the crime wave.

I just found that out too. We had gone to the mall and I saw the signs, but the store was closed that day because of the weather (a lot of them were). That mall has really gotten sad though. It's interesting to hear that the mall ended the lease, not the Disney Store. Maybe if they still think there is a market here they could open one up somewhere nicer. Do Disney stores ever operate outside of enclosed malls? I don't think I've ever seen that.

I just found that out too. We had gone to the mall and I saw the signs, but the store was closed that day because of the weather (a lot of them were). That mall has really gotten sad though. It's interesting to hear that the mall ended the lease, not the Disney Store. Maybe if they still think there is a market here they could open one up somewhere nicer. Do Disney stores ever operate outside of enclosed malls? I don't think I've ever seen that.
I have seen them in strip malls, but I don't believe I've seen free-standing locations, outside of the World of Disney stores.

I have seen them in strip malls, but I don't believe I've seen free-standing locations, outside of the World of Disney stores.

Oh, cool. I've never seen one in a strip mall, but I hoped that might be the case. There are still some nice retail strips around the area, so at least maybe that's a possibility. The mall they are moving out of is the most recent indoor-style mall built around here and is less than 20 years old. It has really gone downhill recently though. I'll certainly miss that Disney Store!

Oh, cool. I've never seen one in a strip mall, but I hoped that might be the case. There are still some nice retail strips around the area, so at least maybe that's a possibility. The mall they are moving out of is the most recent indoor-style mall built around here and is less than 20 years old. It has really gone downhill recently though. I'll certainly miss that Disney Store!
There's one up in the Bronx that comes immediately to mind. Plus the outdoor Disney-owned outlet stores outside the parks (there are two that I visit regularly when I'm at WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter