Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

img_6145-jpg.259293
What a handsome little man!

So, I saw this picture and I totally recognized that it was the Finger Lakes! I got married at the Finger Lakes! (reception was at Belhurst Castle) It is a wonderful area!

Laura Ingalls Wilder weekend and Dean Butler – who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie –
OMG!!! That is too funny. I guess he didn't do much else, did he?

I have been trying to get my girls to watch Little House on the Prairie. I grabbed the 1st season on DVD from BJ's not too long ago. I so had a crush on Almazo, I mean how can you not?!?

Glad to hear the wedding and family time went well. And you're getting so close to your trip now too! Yay!

What a handsome little man!
Isn't he?! :lovestruc

I got married at the Finger Lakes!
Awesome! It's such a beautiful area :goodvibes

I so had a crush on Almazo, I mean how can you not?!?
I know, right?! ::yes::

Glad to hear the wedding and family time went well.
Thank you! :goodvibes

And you're getting so close to your trip now too! Yay!
I know, I can't believe it! So much still to do :laughing:

I’ll head back to HS in plenty of time for my 3pm ADR at 50s Prime Time! I've never eaten here before but am quite excited about it.

Yay! I'm so excited to go there also! I hope I am in a fried chicken mood because it sounds so good! But I just worry sometimes after a few days of eating fried goodness...sometimes you feel in need of some...fibre lol

I have never been here before but selected it as part of the Fantasmic dining package. If you have any recommendations, be sure to let me know! After my late-ish lunch, I’ll hang at HS until Fantasmic!

I had no idea (clueless here) that you could get a Fantasmic package...with lunch!! Good to know...even though I know you ended up cancelling this. Totally get it.

Let me know what tips you may have for dealing with the rain at Disney.

Well you have the gear so that's good. I have the same worry...though unlike you I worry about the heat more lol. But hopefully the rain only lasts a few minutes and you can just browse in a shop or something until it passes. That's what I hope to do. I hope there aren't any "rain all day" type days because that would stink...but I don't think that happens often.

Now, I have an unnatural obsession with LWTL,

Nothing wrong with that! I can't wait! We are doing the Behind the Seeds tour and I'm so excited!

I was discussing this very thing with @xlsm the other day. Does anyone else experience this!?

Totally - sad about finishing the planning and documenting...and the trip hasn't even started lol. But at least we do still have the trips...and then the re-living via TR lol

I'm so excited about this part, as I've never done the photos before.

Did you know that August 19th is Photopass day? Rare characters and special magic shots! Man I wish I could be there that day. Here's a link to some more information.

Photopass Day 2017

I never considered this one but I don't know why - it looks amazing!

CR really is a great restaurant. It's got one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW, the Baileys and Jack Daniels Mousse. I'm drooling right now thinking about it.

This was back before the moose was removed from the dessert menu

I've eaten at Le Cellier three times. First time was in 2012. The meal was amazing, Mom and I talked about it for weeks afterwards. Went back in 2014 and our meal was awful, probably the worse I've ever had at WDW. I gave it one more shot in 2015 and the food was OK, just didn't seem 2 credits worth to me and definitely nowhere near the first experience. I would probably go back if it wasn't 2 credits.

As for the Chocolate Moose, you may want to ask. It was not on the menu the last time I went but I asked and they still had it.

What are your dates again?

January 2 - 8. Here's a very brief schedule. We are staying at POR as of right now but I may have to change that depending on discount availability. I'm hoping they come out with the Play, Stay, Dine deal again.

2nd - arrive, Epcot, Biergarten dinner
3rd - MK morning, Chef Mickey brunch, race expo, Disney Springs
4th - 5K, HS, 50s Prime Time lunch, Sci Fi dinner
5th - Epcot - Via Napoli dinner
6th - AK Morning EMH for Pandora, ROL lunch package Tusker House
7th - MK, BOG lunch, HEA Garden Plaza view Dessert Party
8th - depart

Yay! I'm so excited to go there also! I hope I am in a fried chicken mood because it sounds so good! But I just worry sometimes after a few days of eating fried goodness...sometimes you feel in need of some...fibre lol
I completely understand! I combat this feeling by eating a "That's it" bar on my way to the buses from my room each morning. I figure if I can start my day with a serving of fruit, the rest of the day can be a free-for-all :rotfl:

I have the same worry...though unlike you I worry about the heat more lol.
Ya know what? I had you in mind when I said the heat doesn't worry me as much as the rain! ;) :laughing:

We are doing the Behind the Seeds tour and I'm so excited!
Yay!!! I am so excited you're doing this - I've always wanted to! ::yes:: Maybe I'll decide to see if I can get on a tour last minute :thumbsup2

Totally - sad about finishing the planning and documenting
Yes! You're so right. It's the planning and documenting and tweaking that takes up so much of our time and energy and who doesn't love that?! And then it's over... :sad: But like you also said, we get to relive it in our TRs! :flower1:

Did you know that August 19th is Photopass day?
@chunkymonkey mentioned this too! I am so excited to see what it's all about! Thank you so much for passing this along :hug:

CR really is a great restaurant. It's got one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW, the Baileys and Jack Daniels Mousse.
Ooooh... consider that noted! ;)

As for the Chocolate Moose, you may want to ask. It was not on the menu the last time I went but I asked and they still had it.
Awesome!!! Thanks for the tip. Doesn't hurt to ask ::yes::

January 2 - 8. Here's a very brief schedule.
Thank you! I'm so hoping it works out that we'll overlap :goodvibes

It’s official, though I’m still nearly two weeks out, I can technically say I’ll be at Disney next week! :lovestruc With that said, I have a few exciting updates. First off, my MagicBand arrived the weekend of the wedding! :hyper: I also received the highly coveted Scopolamine prescription, but yikes was that expensive! It cost $70 for 4 patches. I should only need two patches for this trip as they are supposed to last 3 days, so if you break it down by day, it’s only about $6 a day which I’d happily pay – and more! – if they actually work. Plus this should leave me with a couple patches for my next trip, without having to shell out more $. :thumbsup2

Woohoo!!!! Soo excited!
And yay for getting the patches. Hopefully you'll be able to ride on FoP! A friend of mine was in AK yesterday and they got in right at rope drop and ended up waiting 2.5 hours. But she said the wait got up to 4 hours later in the day. CRAZY.

My mom's wedding was wonderful! :goodvibes And we all managed to survive sharing my mom and Frank’s 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house with 18 of our newest family members. :scared1: It helped immensely that they have a spacious and brand-new camper that sleeps an extra 8 people so my sisters and their families stayed with me in the camper that weekend and it was a big slumber party. The wedding itself was wonderful, too. And lasted all of about 5 minutes (which disappointed no one :laughing:) and we danced the night away. I took exactly two pictures all night… two selfies with my nephew on the party bus to the venue.

Congratulations!! How wonderful! I love big slumber parties!

AWW how cute! And you look gorgeous!

Once again, gorgeous family! Sisters are the best!

Ashley and her boyfriend flew back to London a few days ago and I’m going through my usual post-visit blues, but at least I have Disney to countdown to! Another exciting development... my course officially wrapped yesterday so I’m homework free for three glorious weeks until the next semester starts… 3 days after I return home from Disney. :sad2: Nothing says back to the post-Disney grind quite like going back to work and school on the same day :sad: At least I'll have Saturday and Sunday to transition!

YAY!!! the next three weeks will be awesome!!!

Another exciting thing happened yesterday! My grandmother and I went to the Genesee Country Village and Museum, where we’ve gone every year at least once for as long as I can remember. We didn’t even realize it but it was Laura Ingalls Wilder weekend and Dean Butler – who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie – was there and gave an incredible talk about his time on the set of the show. What a fabulous guy he seems to be!

Oh that's so cool! I watched it a bit growing up so I definitely remember certain actors!

See you REAL SOON!

A friend of mine was in AK yesterday and they got in right at rope drop and ended up waiting 2.5 hours. But she said the wait got up to 4 hours later in the day. CRAZY.
:scared1: That's nuts!!! I was afraid of that, so about a month ago I updated my Dinosaur time for later that day. So now, I technically have until 12:30 before my first must-do FP (that being Na'vi River). It definitely takes the pressure off! :thumbsup2

I love big slumber parties!
Me, too!

AWW how cute! And you look gorgeous!
Aww, thank you! Having a handsome date sure helps the overall image :laughing:

Sisters are the best!
They really are, aren't they!? I know you know that well :goodvibes

See you REAL SOON!
Can hardly wait!!! :hyper:

I was way behind but it looks like you've got some great plans for every day!!! Can't wait to hear about all the magic :)
I'm super excited as I think my plans - after lots of tweaking and obsessing :laughing: - turned out really well! I'm excited to share it all with everyone! :goodvibes

Dismeets for Days!

Hello, friends! I’ve been promising this update since my very first post on this PTR and here it is at long last! I had three planned meets on my May 2015 trip and one very, very special surprise!

I had arrived on my Day 1 on the very last day of Flower and Garden so I spent most of my arrival day at Epcot cramming in as much as I could possibly eat in one afternoon.

100_2792.jpg
Frushi

100_2793.jpg
Teriyaki chicken bun

100_2800.jpg
Macaron

100_2804.jpg
Violet lemonade (looking at you, @Raeven ;))

100_2815.jpg
Oolong peach bubble tea

100_2857.jpg
Flan

100_2862.jpg
Blueberry tart

Don’t judge, people. I had one day! Also, I actually had two other things as well but the pictures are a bit blurry so I didn't include them. And to be fair, I don’t remember if I ate every last bite of everything… though it wouldn’t surprise me if I did. All bets are off at Disney! Plus don’t we all typically walk 1,972 miles a day?! I need those calories to sustain myself! :rolleyes1

After eating my weight in F&G goodness, I headed to MK around 9pm and met up with @Dugette at the Haunted Mansion. She was flying solo that night as her husband and Izzy were back at their resort. Together, we rode HM, Space Mountain, Buzz, and PeopleMover and saw Wishes!

IMG_1105.jpg

And, for the record, my memory is atrocious but I took meticulous notes… just didn’t bother putting most of them into finishing my May 2015 TR… :laughing: Dugette and I had a wonderful night at MK, but it wouldn’t be the last time we saw each other that trip! We met a few days later, again at MK, and I got to meet Dug and Izzy! If you follow Dugette’s TRs you will know for yourself what a cutie Izzy is. :cutie: She was absolutely adorable and we played a little while outside of Peter Pan.

My second Dismeet was an unexpected surprise. On my second night, I was hitting up MK again after dark and was riding my childhood fave – BTMRR – when what to my wandering eyes should appear than one of my favorite Disers! Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey), her husband Steve, and one of her sisters were a few cars ahead of me! Once we got off the ride I was able to catch them before they got away. :rotfl:While I knew they’d be around at the very beginning of my trip, I didn’t think our plans overlapped and had it in my head that they’d be leaving on their cruise by then (if I have my story straight, 2+ years later). But I was so excited to have a serendipitous meet up!

IMG_1228.JPG

And lo and behold… I’ll be joining Su-Lynn and Steve at Liberty Tree Tavern one week from tomorrow – woo! :thumbsup2

My third Dismeet was with Alexis (@aacvacation) at MK, though I don’t think she’s around the boards anymore. At the time of my May 2015 trip, she was a cast member at Storybook Circus. She had recently (at that time) moved to Orlando to work for Disney. Unfortunately, I can’t find the pictures we took together. She’d taken them with her phone and sent them to me and they’re not with the other pictures I have from that trip. This day also happened to be the 24 hour MK party! She was dressed as Prince Eric and looked awesome… wish I had those pictures. I was supposed to meet back up with her later that night after my return to MK from Epcot, where I went to take a break from the extreme crowds for the 24 hour party. I headed to MK around 11pm and was met with wall to wall people trying to get down Main Street. At this time it was also thundering and lightening and I hadn’t moved an inch in 20 minutes. Sadly, I ended up giving up and turning around, it was just madness! :headache:

My last Dismeet of the trip was with Jenny (@SimplyGoofy) on my very last day, which was her very first day. Looking at this picture I'm baffled that I'm wearing something that doesn't scream Disney... this is so unlike me! :sad2:

IMG_1928.jpg

Jenny and her sister Anika were staying at Pop that night, which is also where I was staying. Anika was a bit hesitant about Dismeets, but I hopefully didn’t scare her too much. :rolleyes1 I remember Anika expressing concern to Jenny before their trip, saying “you mean we’re gonna meet strangers from the internet?” :rotfl2: I’m thinking Jenny should have used that as her trip title. :laughing:

That caps off my Dismeets from May 2015! As I said before, I’ll be seeing Su-Lynn next Saturday and Sue (@suse66) on Wednesday, August 23 for drinks in Epcot. I’m also hoping to catch Ariana (@Pluto0809) in January if our trips overlap. I’m worried we may be coming in just as she’s leaving, but I’m going to see what I can do to maybe leave a bit earlier…:thumbsup2

If you’re heading to Disney soon and will be there the same week I am, maybe we’ll have a serendipitous meet like I had with Su-Lynn a couple years ago… or like @ariane37 and @KathyM2 had a couple days ago. :goodvibes But if you’d rather not leave things up to chance and want to meet up, feel free to message me and we’ll work out a Dismeet!

Thanks for joining me!

Last edited:
I completely understand! I combat this feeling by eating a "That's it" bar on my way to the buses from my room each morning. I figure if I can start my day with a serving of fruit, the rest of the day can be a free-for-all :rotfl:

What a great idea!! I will have to remember that next time. I wonder if they have anything healthy in that market store at the CR...I will have to check it out.

Yay!!! I am so excited you're doing this - I've always wanted to! ::yes:: Maybe I'll decide to see if I can get on a tour last minute :thumbsup2

Yes I can't wait! I hope you get to do it too! I hope my DD is as excited about it as I am!

Yes! You're so right. It's the planning and documenting and tweaking that takes up so much of our time and energy and who doesn't love that?! And then it's over... :sad: But like you also said, we get to relive it in our TRs! :flower1:

Right?? The funniest thing is happening to me here though...after several months of planning and spreadsheeting and tweaking..now that I'm here...I have a hard time even remembering what I had planned...I have my spreadsheets but somehow my brain seems to go out the window when in the Disney bubble...maybe that is why I like it so much lol

But I was so excited to have a serendipitous meet up!

That is simply the best!! Random meet up!! LOVE IT!

So fun! Looking forward to meeting up! Can you believe our trips are coming up so quickly?? Have you started packing yet? As soon as I get my house under control from the cottage trip, I have to get everything ready for Disney. I am officially in the single digits now, hurray!

I've heard so much about that! How was it???

Teriyaki chicken bun

Yum! How was that?

I know how that was... double yum!!

Violet lemonade (looking at you, @Raeven ;))

Where did you get that? And.... um.... how was it?

Oolong peach bubble tea

<sigh> How was that?

:sad2: So.... how was that?

Blueberry tart

How was that?

Don’t judge, people. I had one day!

Judge????

:worship:

Also, I actually had two other things as well but the pictures are a bit blurry so I didn't include them.

What were they?

Plus don’t we all typically walk 1,972 miles a day?! I need those calories to sustain myself! :rolleyes1

::yes::

I headed to MK around 9pm and met up with @Dugette at the Haunted Mansion.

Nice!

We met a few days later, again at MK, and I got to meet Dug and Izzy!

Doubly (or is that triply?) nice.

If you follow Dugette’s TRs you will know for yourself what a cutie Izzy is

::yes::

I was hitting up MK again after dark and was riding my childhood fave – BTMRR – when what to my wandering eyes should appear than one of my favorite Disers! Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey),

Unplanned DISmeet! Best kind!

My third Dismeet was with Alexis (@aacvacation) at MK, though I don’t think she’s around the boards anymore.

Nope. Her I do not know.

My last Dismeet of the trip was with Jenny (@SimplyGoofy)

Yay! Jenny!

But if you’d rather not leave things up to chance and want to meet up, feel free to message me and we’ll work out a Dismeet!

Wish I could!
Go back in November! Um.... some time.... since I don't have a date yet.... :rolleyes1

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your mom's wedding and with your sisters!

OoO how cool, I loved watching Little House on the Prairie when I was younger!!

I can't believe your trip is in ONE week, that is so exciting!!

Right?? The funniest thing is happening to me here though...after several months of planning and spreadsheeting and tweaking..now that I'm here...I have a hard time even remembering what I had planned...I have my spreadsheets but somehow my brain seems to go out the window when in the Disney bubble...maybe that is why I like it so much lol
I know the feeling!!! :laughing:

That is simply the best!! Random meet up!! LOVE IT!
I know!!!! I was so excited for you both!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So fun! Looking forward to meeting up! Can you believe our trips are coming up so quickly??
Me, too!!! I cannot believe it though... and still so much left to do to make the remaining days go fast! :thumbsup2

Have you started packing yet?
Just started this morning! :thumbsup2 Have you?

I am officially in the single digits now, hurray!
YAY!!!!!

Unplanned DISmeet! Best kind!
Absolutely! ::yes::

Okay, and here are my notes about the snacks I had at F&G, copied directly from my TR notes:
-frushi - awesome!
-teriyaki chicken bun - amazing, sweet and perfect
-falafel wrap - good but not amazing
-violet lemonade - yum - and this was from Pineapple Promenade
-oolong bubble tea - soooo good
-naanwich - wasn't my favorite
-flan - no notes (and possibly telling of how I felt about it? ;))
-blueberry tart - went for it and regretted it. Moved over on the bench I was on to make room for a lady wanting to sit down and lost my fork in the process. After another bite courtesy of my knife, I decided to ditch the rest.

Wish I could!
Go back in November! Um.... some time.... since I don't have a date yet.... :rolleyes1
I had realllly wanted to go in November this year and would likely have done so, except my semester runs through December 10 this time around, unlike the past semesters where I've been out November 6 :sad:

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your mom's wedding and with your sisters!
Thank you! :goodvibes

I can't believe your trip is in ONE week, that is so exciting!!
I can't either!!! And you're down to only 2+ months yourself, and I remember when your countdown was at 4 months, right?! :hyper:

An Unexpected Surprise...

Hi, friends! Yesterday I received some exciting news! As some of you may remember, my dad lives most of the year in the Tampa area but has wanted to get closer to Disney for quite some time now. He's been in Indiana for the summer but will actually be house hunting in the Orlando area while I'm at Disney! Our trips will overlap on my last two days :hyper::hyper::hyper: He's flying down with his girlfriend and her daughter Heather (who you may remember from my January recap... they were the generous donors of their suite at the WL to my sister and her family). Anyway, it's likely that I'll still be flying solo for a good chunk of those days as they don't like to get a start on the day quite like I do :laughing: and probably won't end their nights quite as late as I will, but I'm so excited for this surprise! And of course very excited about the possibility of them moving semi-permanently to the Orlando area. :hyper::hyper::hyper: This won't really alter my plans at all, they're all AP holders and go often enough they don't really care what we do and when (can you imagine?! :rolleyes:), but definitely an unexpected and wonderful surprise! They're also DVC members, so not sure where they'll be staying yet, but it might mean I get to explore a resort I've never stayed at myself :thumbsup2

And, since this update would have otherwise been photo-less, and today is the day, I'll leave you with these memories...

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

RIP GMR... you've been loved.

Okay, and here are my notes about the snacks I had at F&G, copied directly from my TR notes:
-frushi - awesome!
-teriyaki chicken bun - amazing, sweet and perfect
-falafel wrap - good but not amazing
-violet lemonade - yum - and this was from Pineapple Promenade
-oolong bubble tea - soooo good
-naanwich - wasn't my favorite
-flan - no notes (and possibly telling of how I felt about it? ;))
-blueberry tart - went for it and regretted it. Moved over on the bench I was on to make room for a lady wanting to sit down and lost my fork in the process. After another bite courtesy of my knife, I decided to ditch the rest.

Thanks!

(Note to self. Skip the tart. Possibly the flan.)

I had realllly wanted to go in November this year and would likely have done so, except my semester runs through December 10 this time around, unlike the past semesters where I've been out November 6 :sad:

Well.... poop!!

Our trips will overlap on my last two days :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Nice!

Anyway, it's likely that I'll still be flying solo for a good chunk of those days as they don't like to get a start on the day quite like I do

What??? Not everyone does rope drop to park close???

they don't really care what we do and when (can you imagine?! :rolleyes:),

:faint:

And, since this update would have otherwise been photo-less, and today is the day, I'll leave you with these memories...

:sad1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter