Another Castaway Cay kids ???

carone0318

Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!
Do they have sand toys for kids to play with on the beach? Are they free or can you buy sand toys (buckets and shovels)? If you have to pay, about how much do they run? Would it be worth bringing my own for my 6 and 2 yr old. I was also thinking about bringing swimmies for my 6 yr old, but would prefer a life vest. I believe someone had mentioned that they have life vest for kids, are they free or do you have to rent them, if rent, anyone have an idea on price?

Alos, while I am thinking about Castaway Cay, can you use your key to pay or do you have to use cash? I know that I would have to pay postage with cash, but what about t-shirts and stuff like that?

Thanks everyone!

I can not answer from experience, but I have read on the boards somewhere that they do have some sand toys at Gil's Fins. I believe these are free, but they are first come first serve. I also think they have some toys for sale at She Sells shop. If you put your 6 yo in Scuttle's Cove they have sand toys for them to play with. I cannot really answer the question about life vest, but I do not remember seeing any little ones with one on. But, I could be wrong.

You can use your KTTW for everything on Castaway Cay, except postage. I did not know how they did this, but on the Travel Channel the other night, they said that Disney runs fiber optics to the island once the ship is docked just so we can use our cards for purchases. I thought this was pretty neat.:cool:
LeiLani

First you use your KTTW card just like on the ship for purchases, other than the post office, cash is not accepted.

As for sand toys, I have heard you can borrow some from scuttle cove, however, if you plan to visit other beaches on your trip, it is nice to have your own.

We stopped at Target in Port Canaveral before we sailed and bought a bag and sand toys for about $10. Enough for 3 kids. We used them in all the ports and castaway Cay.

At the end of our trip, I told our cabin steward to pass them on to a family on the next sailing. I didn't want to pack them, and I figured the good will he would get from giving them to another family would hopefully get him a bigger tip, so it was a win win for everyone!

They do sell sand toys on Castaway Cay, but they are very expensive!

I don't know about the life jackets. We brought those from home, because we went to the beach at other islands as well, and I just felt better having them on my kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter