Another BWV -BV room request question.

Thumper99

Mouseketeer
Hello All! We just had our waitlist to come through for a Boardwalk View Studio for our December trip at BWV!

What are our options to request certain rooms? It’s just hubby and me so we can use stairs though I’m not that thrilled with climbing 5 floors of stairs multiple times a day.

I’ve always stayed away from the BWV because in the past I was told the halls were very long and only one set of elevator bays ( plus the clown pool looks creepy🤪)

Any suggestion for favorite requests for this category: studio -boardwalk view?

We plan on doing the pool most of the days there and HS one day. Just a get away trip. I’d love a nice view but not a loud one. Maybe I should have stayed at garden view🤦‍♀️

Thank you for any suggestions!!

Pool clown is gone right now and might not be back. Go with higher floor to make it a bit quieter.

Hi, because there are only limited activities on the BW at this time I don't think noise is going to be an issue as it might be when everything is open. The only real noise from the BW that ever really bothered me was from some of the crowds leaving Jellyrolls at the end of their evening. A lot of hooping and hollering going on…At this time Jellyrolls isn't open so that wouldn't be a problem, not sure what will be in December.

Hello All! We just had our waitlist to come through for a Boardwalk View Studio for our December trip at BWV!

What are our options to request certain rooms? It’s just hubby and me so we can use stairs though I’m not that thrilled with climbing 5 floors of stairs multiple times a day.

I’ve always stayed away from the BWV because in the past I was told the halls were very long and only one set of elevator bays ( plus the clown pool looks creepy🤪)

Any suggestion for favorite requests for this category: studio -boardwalk view?

We plan on doing the pool most of the days there and HS one day. Just a get away trip. I’d love a nice view but not a loud one. Maybe I should have stayed at garden view🤦‍♀️

Thank you for any suggestions!!
What do you mean you can climb stairs? are there no elevators at BWV? My waitlist came through for SV and I will have difficulty climbing 5 flights of stairs.

What do you mean you can climb stairs? are there no elevators at BWV? My waitlist came through for SV and I will have difficulty climbing 5 flights of stairs.
If you don't want to walk to the elevators, there are stairs you can use. The elevator bank is centrally located, so lots of villas are far from the elevator.

The long hallways may be a benefit if you're are planning on walking to HS. You'll be a lot closer when you leave and return to your room.

Thank you all. Is there a place that shows which villas are considered boardwalk view? I mean if I put” close to elevators, high floor is that even possible with a Boardwalk view. Are there bad boardwalk views??

There is only set of elevators serving BWV, which are located a little way from the lobby. Rooms can be somewhat far from the elevator, although the hallway length has generally been over-exaggerated, particularly when you consider that BWV's longest hallway is less than 40% of the length of the hallway on the north wing of Kidani.

A usual request for many, including those with boardwalk or standard view, is for a higher floor room, but if there are real issues about using stairs, you may want to request lower floor for a standard view room.

As to a request for a boardwalk view studio, best request is higher floor. A second request to consider is for a dedicated studio rather than a lock-off. The eight dedicated studios with boardwalk view are above the main store and have good views

The boardwalk view studios are all away from the elevators so a close to elevator request cannot be met. Go here for maps showing location of rooms https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-room-view-and-number-maps.3794835/

There are a couple of bad boardwalk view rooms -- the 2BR lockoff and 1BR on the first/boardwalk level floor at the end of the boardwalk view hallway. Those are the only rooms right at boardwalk level, all others start on the second floor. Though they are right on boardwalk level, you cannot actually go out the glass doors and walk on the boardwalk because there are hedges and other barrier materials to prevent exiting the patio. Their biggest problem is that with curtains open everyone walking by on the boardwalk can see right into the room. This is not like having a ground floor room at other resorts, like BLT, where you get few, if any, people actually walking past the room in any given day. At BW, you get hundreds or more walking past those rooms and looking in daily.They are one of the reasons why many request higher floor for boardwalk view

Last edited:
Thank you all. Is there a place that shows which villas are considered boardwalk view? I mean if I put” close to elevators, high floor is that even possible with a Boardwalk view. Are there bad boardwalk views??

Boardwalk view (BWV) is a classification of rooms and has a higher point cost. That being said if you request a BWV room you will be given a room with a BW view.

In addition to the first floor boardwalk view rooms that are akin to living in a fish bowl, there are some villas in other areas with solid balcony walls instead of railings. When seated, you cannot see over the wall. You can only get a view of the boardwalk while standing. I was pretty disappointed to get one of those a while back and felt that it was a waste of points. If being able to sit while enjoying the view is important to you, request the Crest ‘O the Wave section, higher floor. All of those villas have balconies with railings, but they are a pretty good distance from the elevators.

Boardwalk view (BWV) is a classification of rooms and has a higher point cost. That being said if you request a BWV room you will be given a room with a BW view.
It is the same point requirement as Preferred Water/Garden. It's just a separate booking category from the Water/Garden. So point booking is Preferred-Water/Garden, Preferred-BW view, Standard.

The boardwalk view and the garden/pool rooms are the same cost. We had GV booked but waitlisted, and Got Boardwalk view. So now I’m wondering I guess which Villa numbers are considered BW view though I guess it’s obvious they face the boardwalk. 🤪. I was asking more which ROOMS in the Boardwalk view categories for a studio is a good option to request. I’m thinking mid level since I don’t want to climb five flights of stairs every day multiple trips from the pool and to eat , etc. my hubby won’t want to walk all the way to elevators when there are stairs around so I’ll be hiking up everyday if I ask for the usual “ high floor”. The only thing I am worried about is the “ walled balconies”. I hate that on the ship and I will be disappointed if I have to stand to see out of my room.

In addition to the first floor boardwalk view rooms that are akin to living in a fish bowl, there are some villas in other areas with solid balcony walls instead of railings. When seated, you cannot see over the wall. You can only get a view of the boardwalk while standing. I was pretty disappointed to get one of those a while back and felt that it was a waste of points. If being able to sit while enjoying the view is important to you, request the Crest ‘O the Wave section, higher floor. All of those villas have balconies with railings, but they are a pretty good distance from the elevators.
Great this is what I was looking for!! Thank you!

Ok now what is the best way to put in my request? Chat with member services? I think I’ve tried before with online check in and couldn’t find a place to put a request in. Thank you all for all your responses!!

It is the same point requirement as Preferred Water/Garden. It's just a separate booking category from the Water/Garden. So point booking is Preferred-Water/Garden, Preferred-BW view, Standard.
The boardwalk view and the garden/pool rooms are the same cost. We had GV booked but waitlisted, and Got Boardwalk view. So now I’m wondering I guess which Villa numbers are considered BW view though I guess it’s obvious they face the boardwalk. 🤪. I was asking more which ROOMS in the Boardwalk view categories for a studio is a good option to request. I’m thinking mid level since I don’t want to climb five flights of stairs every day multiple trips from the pool and to eat , etc. my hubby won’t want to walk all the way to elevators when there are stairs around so I’ll be hiking up everyday if I ask for the usual “ high floor”. The only thing I am worried about is the “ walled balconies”. I hate that on the ship and I will be disappointed if I have to stand to see out of my room.

Sorry I stand corrected. You are correct that the point cost is the same for PW/G & PBWview. Doesn't seem like it shoud be but it is. Sorry for the error. :thumbsup2

Ok now what is the best way to put in my request? Chat with member services? I think I’ve tried before with online check in and couldn’t find a place to put a request in. Thank you all for all your responses!!
I usually send an email using the Contact Us link on the member website. I write in the confirmation number and then my request(s). I get an email reply (usually several days later) confirming they received it -- and emphasizing that it's just a request, not a guarantee!

Sorry I stand corrected. You are correct that the point cost is the same for PW/G & PBWview. Doesn't seem like it shoud be but it is. Sorry for the error. :thumbsup2
The point cost is the same because when BWV opened, the Preferred booking category included both P/G and BW views. We could request a BW view when booking, but it wasn't guaranteed. After a number of melt downs at the front desk by members who didn't get their requested BW view, DVC separated them into booking categories but didn't change the point cost (I'm sure it was much easier to leave them the same).

Chat is currently unavailable onsite. Also, though mentioned above, even email has recently gone twice from being available to unavailable to being available again (so it could disappear again at any time). Calling is an option but there could be a long wait time. My sense is the covid-related employee lay-offs must have done away with most anyone who can actually communicate with members. If you can get the online email, that is the best avenue for a request. Just make sure you include details such as room category, dates and reservation number as part of making the request.

What you should not do is rely on the request page that is part of online check-in and should just skip that page. It allows limited requests only and if actually used, you will eliminate any other requests made before check-in via email, chat or phone.

I request 5029, 5031, 4029, 4031, 3029, 3031. Those are the closest boardwalk view studios not on the 2nd floor.

My only complaint with my BW view room in October was that there are speakers on the light poles outside that face the boardwalk, and the sound from those speakers could be heard in the room. It wasn't horrible, but it was a bit noticeable.

I loved having that BW view though and seeing Spaceship Earth across the way. One night there was a rainbow over EP. It was so pretty from my BW view room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter