• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Amtrak trip fast approaching

Justin Jett

I will do my Elvis impression
These solo trips are becoming a tradition. I leave Wednesday for another overnight (21 hours with layovers) train trip to the Swan/Dolphin for the weekend. Also, since the Florida Gators play LSU on Saturday.....Corey will be reminded of what a big mouth I have. BEWARE......there will be a Gator on Disney property this weekend.

I am trying something new this trip.....the wheelchair accessible
bedroom for the overnight southbound trip. I just want to see what it
is like, and see if I could handle a multi-day train trip in the future.

I will live blog as much as I can on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/justinjett

Looking forward to seeing you again Skip. :wave2:

Have a great trip, Skip! I love traveling by train. I wish it was a better option from where I live!

Sayhello

:cool1:Really wish Amtrak would get the Sunset Limited going past New Orleans to Orlando again, it would make taking my parents much easier.:guilty: Have a great time, and will be waiting on your posts.:thumbsup2

I really want to do the overnight am track from Raleigh to Orlando. It takes about 10 hours by car with stops, and 13 by train. The extra 3 hours sounds great to me if it means I can sleep thru the trip and get to Disney at 8am instead of 5 or 6 pm!

:cool1:Really wish Amtrak would get the Sunset Limited going past New Orleans to Orlando again, it would make taking my parents much easier.:guilty: Have a great time, and will be waiting on your posts.:thumbsup2

I wish it still went to Orlando also. I will be taking that train to Los Angeles for a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder in Feb. Train is the final mode of transportation that I haven't tried yet.

I'm 34 and had never been on any type of train until this past August. My GF and I took an Amtrak train from Newark, NJ to Providence, RI and loved the experience. Business class was nice, the people we met and got to chat with on the train were even nicer. Great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. Have a fun and safe trip.

Skip I took the auto train couple of times and the one out of Penn Station in NY. The room makes a big difference. Hope you enjoy it :)

Thank you all :)

Dad has the day off, and offered to drive me to Raleigh to meet the Silver Star to Florida. This will cut 6 hours off my southbound train trip.

By the way, Kevin....the Greyhounds don't like rain, so we did not take them in the parade. I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to it.

The rain cancelled most of my plans, but after a summer of frustration and self doubt, I found reassurance that my life is moving in right direction.

Back in May, I left Walt Disney World with a lot of questions. This past weekend, I left Walt Disney World with a lot of positive answers.

"If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it." -Steve Jobs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter