Another “Which Resort” thread...Poly or BC

Is the Contemporary an option? Then you have the convenience of walking to MK plus stellar quick service. The pool there isn’t as nice as Poly or BC, but just fine for a toddler. Honestly, we liked Contemporary better than Poly. Our room at Poly was not well taken care of and had paper thin walls. While our Contemporary room was beautiful. I’m also a fan of BC.

We’ve stayed at BC, YC & Poly. Love them all. The Market Place at BC has a small QS area. There is seating across the hall. In Dec we checked out YC’s New QS, and liked it. Lots of seating as well.
With a young child I’d go with Poly. Monorail or boat to MK and you can walk to TTC for Epcot monorail. One of the nice things is you can watch the MK fireworks from the beach, and the Electric Water Parade.

Is the Contemporary an option? Then you have the convenience of walking to MK plus stellar quick service. The pool there isn’t as nice as Poly or BC, but just fine for a toddler. Honestly, we liked Contemporary better than Poly. Our room at Poly was not well taken care of and had paper thin walls. While our Contemporary room was beautiful. I’m also a fan of BC.

Unfortunately, Contemporary isn’t available under the agency exclusive discount I got. My Deluxe choices are Poly, BC, and WL. We wouldn’t be able to stay at the Contemporary without a discount.

Another vote for the Beach Club, based on the pool and the convenience and atmosphere of the Epcot resorts. We were there this past October and thought that the crowds at Stormalong Bay were manageable. (Granted, no little ones in our party.) I agree that the dining options could definitely be better.

But we're pretty much wrecked now for anything but BC during pool-season visits.

For my family right now, it's Poly over BC by a long shot.

We stayed in both in 2017 and for us, Poly was significantly better. Because (some random thoughts):

1. Awesome access to 2 parks (MK and EPCOT). My kids are young (5 and 3), so our most common park is MK. Monorail or boat to MK is awesome. You get great access to DHS and EPCOT with BC, but with your demographic (like mine, having a 3 year old), I bet you spend more time in MK than DHS + EPCOT combined.

2. The restaurant choices are miles apart. BC is a joke in terms of QS and Captain Cook's at Poly is AMAZING (if you like Polynesian food, but who doesn't?!).

3. We did our BC stay solely for stormalaong bay. Stormalong Bay is compelling, but not so compelling for a 3 year old. The Poly pools are just as good for a 3 year old. If you had a kid 6+, that would be a plus for BC.

4. The Poly resort is so well laid out. I like the longhouses and not relying on busy elevators (and long walks from the elevators). And Poly is so stroller friendly (due to the possibility of not needing an elevator at all to get to your room).

5. You mentioned you won't have a hopper, but one nice thing when we stayed at BC is that I walked to DHS on my own when my kids were napping (thanks to my wife for watching them). But we could do MK in morning (or another park) and I could go get my thrill ride on while the kids slept.

Note: My opinion will probably change when my kids are older. But then I'll choose BWI.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!