Annual Passholder Lounge

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
So I searched but didn't see any posts about this.
Long story just to show how awesome Universal is to their APs:
So my AP was up for renewal Oct 24, on the email it said that if I had the flexpay I didn't need to do anything and it would automatically renew.
So on my renewal day they charged me the wrong amount (actually less) so I called and it looks like the system downgraded me from preferred to power. After being on hold for about 20 min while the agent talked to her manager, I was asked to go to the parks to resolve this.
So I went today, had to pay the $25 parking fee. Gave my case number to the agent at GR at IOA. So I basically had to give the down payment again but it was refunded to my card to get me on the flex pay again. For my troubles the agent gave me a $65 gift card, a complimentary 2 park ticket and 4 single express passes for IOA and US.
Then he mentioned the AP lounge, it is opening next week at US across from the old Terminator, they will have charging station and complimentary beverages in the form of the coke machines, he didn't have any other details about it

Great customer service -one of the reasons we are staying more days each trip at Universal...….

I arrive on Saturday for a trip with friends and will be purchasing my AP, then returning with my dd's over Thanksgiving and then again after Christmas. My dd's will LOVE this lounge, they are always looking for charging stations in the parks and anything else offered will be a bonus.

I will update if nobody else does by this time next week :)

This is great news we purchased our AP's during our March trip and we're headed back in 8 days. The AP lounge sounds great thanks for posting this.

I was just coming here to look and see if anyone had posted about this cause I saw the announcement on a blog. Hopefully somebody who goes soon can check out the lounge and let us know what is available and how it is. We use the Amex lounge and it's just meh. Looks like this one will be open for both my December trip and my January trip so I'm excited.

Is this a permanent thing? I hope so. When I first read this I heard Homer Simpson’s voice in my head, “This just keeps getting better and better.”
It's through the end of January. It's been open for about 40 minutes now and I'm waiting for pics and info on the Facebook AP page. Somebody asked if it was for Premier Pass Holders only and I replied "It's for Star-Bellied Pass Holders". The entitlement on that page is ridiculous sometimes.

It's through the end of January. It's been open for about 40 minutes now and I'm waiting for pics and info on the Facebook AP page. Somebody asked if it was for Premier Pass Holders only and I replied "It's for Star-Bellied Pass Holders". The entitlement on that page is ridiculous sometimes.
They are really working hard to try and make me pull off a January trip...next planned trip is late March...

What Facebook AP page is it? This sounds perfect for our trip in a month. The day we check out our flight doesn't leave until 830p so this give us a place to relax and take a break in the afternoon since we won't have a hotel room to go to.

There's a quick 19 sec video on the OI Facebook page of Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy "checking out" the lounge and you can see parts of it in the background. At least two small couches in the middle and some hightop cocktail tables with no chairs close to the wall. Definitely looks temporary lol

Picture courtesy of Bioreconstruct

Dr63YDNX4AE0MiU.jpg

disappointed there's no free water. I don't drink any type of soda. Oh well, hopefully it sticks around and remains open year round
pics and description from Ryan Dailey on the UOAP fb page
Free granola bars and chips, $3.83 for drinks. Very comfy chairs!

They do have a Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Powerade cooler that turns your drink into a slushee in the bottle. Once the cooler runs out they will not restock as sodas are at 22 degrees.

Update some of the Most Asked Questions.
1) Yes this free to get in, relax and charge your phone.
2) They do sell bottled Coke products and they honor UOAP Discount (Also UOAP Lanyards available)
3) Only Open from 11-4 Everyday until January 31st
4) They do not have FREE water available
5) It is located 4 doors down from Mel’s Drive-In closer to the Park Entrance
6) Only UOAP and no guests. No idea on Team Members.

46104311_10157555526754460_2785142255432761344_n.jpg

46179481_10157555526764460_53573618164039680_n.jpg

46257206_10157555526824460_3823984815862972416_n.jpg

Here now. Went about 2:00 this afternoon. No bathroom - also no granola bars or chips. Kind of disappointing, to be honest. They couldn't even put in a water cooler and paper cups?

I thought this was a great idea at first. But you have to pay for the drinks? Big deal. I'll grab a coke, sit on a bench and enjoy the nice Orlando January weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter