Annual Passholder Discounts Questions

duketennisgal

DIS Veteran
I'm new to having an annual pass. I plan to go back to Disney the last week of November, specifically I'm looking to book November 30th through December 3rd as I already have lodging for the first part of the week.

How far in advance to passholder discounts typically come out? Is it pretty standard to get a 35% discount on deluxe? I've never stayed at one of the deluxe resorts and figure since the first few days of my lodging are free and I only need to book a few days I would give it a try.

If I booked without an AP discount and then one becomes available can I update my reservation to reflect the discount?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me!

Take a look at Mousesavers historical discounts. AP discounts have been released 2-3 months before stay dates for the time frame I looked at.

35% isn't standard, but will likely be offered on the deluxes that don't book as quickly. Often those undergoing a refurb or their location relative to festivals/parties/ etc. The resorts that usually fill easily are offered at lower discounts or have less availability. It's normally 5% above the general public discount.

You can absolutely have the discount applied to existing reservations after it's released. I did that for our upcoming stay with no issues. You do have to keep in mind that availability trumps everything. If the number of rooms they've released for that discount are booked by the time you call, you'll have to make alternate plans. I booked under the general public promotion for our upcoming trip. I was able to apply the AP discount to both resorts for my split stay, when it was released.

One AP perk I noticed is that there seems to be more categories released under the AP discount vs. GP. For instance, SV and GV rooms weren't available at POR for the GP promotion. They were for the AP one. I wasn't able to book YCCL under any discount until the AP one was released.

Does the AP have to be activated before you can get the room discount? So can we buy it now, get an AP discounted room and then activate in November?

No, you can see the rates and book the AP discount with an AP voucher.

Yes, correct.
AP must be activated before check in, you can book with the voucher but need the actual pass for check in, keep in mind AP are activated at park not at the hotels

AP must be activated before check in, you can book with the voucher but need the actual pass for check in, keep in mind AP are activated at park not at the hotels

I've never once had a resort ask to see my AP. With online check in, it's even less likely to be asked to see it. But if they do want to see it, they will give you a grace period. So you can absolutely check in before activating.

I've never once had a resort ask to see my AP. With online check in, it's even less likely to be asked to see it. But if they do want to see it, they will give you a grace period. So you can absolutely check in before activating.

Thank you. Good to know it might be an issue. He can always run over to AK and activate it if need be.

I've checked in with an AP discount but had yet to upgrade our hoppers.

It wasn't an issue. I just had to return to the front desk the next day to verify I had indeed upgraded to an AP or I would have been charged the difference to rack rate.

Our experience has been the same as Mickey’s Best Girl’s resort response. The resorts give you 24 hours to produce an activated pass. Just bring it to the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!