Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced their IT department consists of two people hunkered down in a bunker somewhere subsisting entirely on Mountain Dew and funions. I have one of those old non-expiring passes and an AP. For the last 18 months, the AP has been prioritized. Until last month, apparently, when the system decided to use my non-expiring pass days and my AP at the same time (the non-expiring pass isn't a park hopper and we hopped every single day). So I had to spend 45 minutes on hold last week to get the non-expiring pass restored to my account.

Back to the preview. Is it okay to talk about what we'd do if we get in, or just stick to details of the preview itself? I'm curious about what everyone's priorities would be if they got to experience the preview.

I think you mean Mello Yello. Coke licensing and all. ;-)

If predictions are true and the first Passholder Preview is August 17, then today marks 30 days until the first APs enter SWGE at DHS. (It's also 30 days until I arrive on property, which wasn't planned but a nice coincidence.)

If predictions are true and the first Passholder Preview is August 17, then today marks 30 days until the first APs enter SWGE at DHS. (It's also 30 days until I arrive on property, which wasn't planned but a nice coincidence.)
Let’s hope you are correct, come on emaaaaail! I’m ready to book a room and flights!!

Oooh! I like round numbers. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't feel the same way. Here's hoping today is the day!

I have a feeling they are gonna do this at the last minute. The CM slot opens on the 22nd, the first CM preview is nine days later

I have a feeling they are gonna do this at the last minute. The CM slot opens on the 22nd, the first CM preview is nine days later
You may be right. I wish Disney realized that unlike cast members, many annual passholders aren't local and need a few weeks to make plans. I realize that Disney isn't really concerned about that, and knows that they will fill the preview up regardless.

I think the CM previews are only M-F, so Maybe the first AP previews will be on Monday the 19th? I too have been stalking for the last 3 weeks and can’t wait for them to release so we can stop all the guessing.

I think the CM previews are only M-F, so Maybe the first AP previews will be on Monday the 19th? I too have been stalking for the last 3 weeks and can’t wait for them to release so we can stop all the guessing.

Just a quick clarification, there are CM previews on Saturday and Sundays too (just not Saturday 8/3).

So...

Saturday 8/3 - None
Sunday 8/4 - All time slots
Saturday 8/10 - All time slots
Sunday 8/11 - Only 5-9pm time slot

My personal guess is AP Previews will be Saturday 8/17-Saturday 8/24.

You may be right. I wish Disney realized that unlike cast members, many annual passholders aren't local and need a few weeks to make plans. I realize that Disney isn't really concerned about that, and knows that they will fill the preview up regardless.
Or maybe Disney isn't sure imagineering will be on time. Canceling a CM preview isn't the end of the galaxy. Canceling an AP preview booked by guests with non refundable air and maybe non refundable hotel not good

Oh I am sure they are aware, but really, the closer they wait to let us sign up for it, the more they can be sure it is ready and the less people will be actually able to attend. They just want some people, they dont care if every eligible passholder can plan for it or not. I would be personally frustrated, but i wouldnt fault them for just announcing this even as late as a week or two in advance. They want people coming after it is officially open and having big, long vacations to experience it, not just a 1-2 day stop just for the preview.

This is a freebie . .if this was a paid event, we would have known the dates months ago. :)

That being said .. we are at under a month from the suspected first day and only 51/2 weeks from the grand opening. I am shocked we haven't heard at least the DATES yet. They must have that narrowed down by now considering they know the CM preview dates and times.

Last edited:
I realize others have said that the old event registration link has spontaneously sent them elsewhere, but now it's happening to me! LOL. My phone browser (chrome) still sends me to the event full page. BUT... different desktops at work and using different browsers sends me to the passholder program page....

I don't get emails and now feel super anxious that the link is dropping today and I won't know :( Fingers crossed the real link gets posted here. What would I do without the DIS? :)

Oh I am sure they are aware, but really, the closer they wait to let us sign up for it, the more they can be sure it is ready and the less people will be actually able to attend. They just want some people, they dont care if every eligible passholder can plan for it or not.

This is a freebie . .if this was a paid event, we would have known the dates months ago. :)

That being said .. we are at under a month from the suspected first day and only 51/2 weeks from the grand opening. I am shocked we haven't heard at least the DATES yet. They must have that narrowed down by now considering they know the CM preview dates and times.
I agree with you. The land is still not under Operations control, I really think that will be the day they release the registration

I’m also arriving Aug 17th! Well, first for 3 nights at Universal, then 6 nights Disney SS, But I will rearrange any and all plans that we have made to attend this!

this wait is getting frustrating they didnt need to tease this as long ago as they did if they were going to sit on the dates for so long

I finally found my people!! I've been going through this alone my friends. Didn't know about DIS, just joined. So glad to finally find a thread on this. Clarifying question: I have an activated AP but just purchased my partner's AP today so it shows in his MDE app but not as 'activated'. We are in Texas so I can't activate it in person until our next trip. Do y'all think I'll be able to register him for the SWGE preview also??

Welcome to the DIS (I am new too).
These questions have been addressed several times in this thread. There is a lot of speculation but no one can tell you for certain. You can read the First post and scan through the rest to familiarize yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!