Annual Passes

london75

DIS Veteran
We've decided we want to squeeze two trips into the next 12 months so annuals make sense but with the exchange rate, price hikes etc it's looking a lot more expensive than it used to.

Has anyone got an opinion on whether the UK 2 week ticket at £375 upgraded to an annual is actually cheaper than the cost of an annual at $994 (£782)?

We love the water parks and would rather not work around blackout dates so it needs to be the full price annual.

Cheers, Andy

Ignore me, found the answer elsewhere and for anyone reading, I think the answer is you might get lucky and they over value the ultimate ticket but chances are not so it's probably break even.

In the process I read that you only get 7 days of fastpasses though which is a bummer. Need to offset that against saving on parking at hotel and loss of discount on "stuff". Maybe one annual and three ultimates is the way to go.

@london75 I’m debating the annual pass too but didn’t realize fp were limited? Is it 7 days worth per trip or per year? Might be hard to work round as we normally go for 2 weeks and I was hoping to squeeze 2 trips in over the 12 month period. I do think the ability to add tables in wonderland card would help increase our savings overall :)

I think you get a limited number of FP+ that can be booked in the next 30 days window if staying offsite, but if onsite I'm sure you get lenght of stay FP+

If you're staying off site you can book fastpasses for each day that you have a park ticket. You can't however book them all at once and have to book each day separately.

There's definitely conflicting advice out there. It looks like all of the above is true, technically you can only book 7 days worth of FP+ in a rolling 30 day window. However, if you're staying onsite you can book for length of stay at 60 days.

There are lots of variations of the above in online stories and I think the reason some people report different things is regardless of the rules, the Disney IT systems don't always honour them. That's the only bit that worries me.

There's definitely conflicting advice out there. It looks like all of the above is true, technically you can only book 7 days worth of FP+ in a rolling 30 day window. However, if you're staying onsite you can book for length of stay at 60 days.

There are lots of variations of the above in online stories and I think the reason some people report different things is regardless of the rules, the Disney IT systems don't always honour them. That's the only bit that worries me.

I've had an AP since My Disney experience came online and have never had a problem with the fast pass system.

I've had an AP since My Disney experience came online and have never had a problem with the fast pass system.
It's definitely been you can only have 7 days worth of FP booked for the coming 30days if offsite, if onsite it was length of stay. Was when I had AP anyway.

@the OP Its usually break even for two trips in 12 months, unless you're staying offsite and save on park parking, and buying ALOT of Merch, and eating alot of table service!

Asked at DHS for a price to convert our 14 day Ultimate tickets to APs. Was quoted $435.60!!!!!! Needless to say we declined. Pointed out that this was way more than we'd ever paid in the past but the (senior and experienced CM) said that they had had significant price increases and that that was the price given the current exchange rate. We'll ask elsewhere and see if we have any better luck.

Mrs TT

Asked at DHS for a price to convert our 14 day Ultimate tickets to APs. Was quoted $435.60!!!!!! Needless to say we declined. Pointed out that this was way more than we'd ever paid in the past but the (senior and experienced CM) said that they had had significant price increases and that that was the price given the current exchange rate. We'll ask elsewhere and see if we have any better luck.

Mrs TT

Thats the sort of quotes we got back in November/December, madness!

Just to confirm - the 7 day thing is right. As a AP holder you can only have 7 days worth of FPs booked at one time. How that works in reality if you have booked 14 days and then upgrade I don't know but last year (September) we booked the 7 then worked on adding the extras as we used the days.

Just to confirm - the 7 day thing is right. As a AP holder you can only have 7 days worth of FPs booked at one time. How that works in reality if you have booked 14 days and then upgrade I don't know but last year (September) we booked the 7 then worked on adding the extras as we used the days.[/Q

Not if you have a reservation at a Disney hotel, it's length of stay.

Just to confirm - the 7 day thing is right. As a AP holder you can only have 7 days worth of FPs booked at one time. How that works in reality if you have booked 14 days and then upgrade I don't know but last year (September) we booked the 7 then worked on adding the extras as we used the days.

We have previously used our AP when staying both off and on site. As @gismo1554 says when we were off site we booked our 7 days worth and then kept adding as we went along. When we were onsite as @saintrob says it was for length of stay (10 days in our case).

Mrs TT

If you're staying off site, it's definitely the car parking that's the game changer. $22 per day for 14 days =£308 x 2 holidays is $616.

We easily save another £200 in 2 stays on merch and food.

We always have an AP and have 2 holidays in 12 months (3 weeks in August followed by 3 weeks in July/August the next year). As we're not that fond of water parks, we don't buy the Platinum Plus Pass, just the Platinum Pass (Although now we own DVC, it's the even cheaper Gold Pass).

A few years ago, based on a total of 6 week stay, we worked out that if we had stayed off site and paid for parking, our AP s saved us over $1300.

If you're staying off site, it's definitely the car parking that's the game changer. $22 per day for 14 days =£308 x 2 holidays is $616.

Even bigger savings now as parking went up while we were there in October - $22 the first week and a half then $25 for the rest of the stay!

Totally agree through, if you can manage to get 2 trips then it's still worth your while, particularly when staying off site. Perhaps even on site next year once us Brits have to pay hotel parking as well as I have a sneaking suspicion that AP holders are exempt for hotel parking charges too.

Home again today from our New Year visit and if we had been sure we would have been back before next year we would have bought at least one: only one pass holder needed to get the perks.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!