Annual Passes - DVC discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

polynor

Mouseketeer
Thought I found the answer earlier, but can't now and I forgot...

Now that my annual dues are paid -- I want to spend more money and buy annual passes
If I want to buy the Gold Pass with the DVC discount -- how do I do this? Do I need to call up Member services? When I login to DVC, I can't find a way to purchase them online nor does it show up in the discounts (after multiple scrolling -- the disneyland tickets showup, but not WDW).

Thanks much for any help!

Question to any fan out there

Thinking of purchasing an annual Gold Pass package w/ DVC discount. Anybody's thoughts Is it worth it and have 3 trips scheduled to go to WDW in 2020. Have blockout dates been updated for 2020?

Thinking of purchasing an annual Gold Pass package w/ DVC discount. Anybody's thoughts Is it worth it and have 3 trips scheduled to go to WDW in 2020. Have blockout dates been updated for 2020?
Here is the blockout dates. Just select Gold.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/gold-annual-pass/
To determine if its worth it just add up the ticket costs for what you would buy without the AP. I would suspect with 3 trips even with 2 days on a trip no park hopper you are basically at the cost of the AP, which provides the Memory Maker on top of it. Usually as your number of trips increase you fast approach and exceed the cost of the AP quickly.

There is no "package". If you are going 3 times, it certainly sounds like it would be monetarily advantageous. It is easy to do the math yourself.
YOu also get 10% off dining at a lot of TS restaurants, and the Memory Maker as crvetter said.

Agreed. We normally do the DVC AP every other year and get 3-4 trips per 12 month period. Always worth it (for us).

I had posted this in another thread, so if you’re to go 3 times it would definitely make sense to get the Gold AP. Heck even at platinum it’s be worth it.

Since there's too many potential situations; I'll try to keep it simple.

Apples to apples, a DVC AP allows you to go whenever and to park hop. So we'll compare it to a flex/park hop ticket. As such, there's only 3 potentials

1) 11 Consecutive Days to Breakeven
If we're talking consecutive days, ten days is the max for a ticket. It just happens that gate price on a 10 day, park hopper flex ticket is roughly $670. Considering the Gold AP is $699 currently, you would breakeven on the 11th day. And since there isn't an 11 day ticket, you'd have to buy a second ticket.

2) 4 Single Days to Breakeven
If we're talking single days, it would cost roughly $230 at the gate for a flex park hop which means 4 days/trips is breakeven.

3) 2 Trips to Breakeven
Every thing else in between is simple as gate prices for a 2 day flex hop ticket is roughly $350 and $660 for a 9 day flex hop ticket. Any 2 combinations of those will put you over $699.

So we usually get the Platinum AP and we are thinking of buying 100 points direct for Member Benefits, Does the GOLD AP also include Memory Maker? I just thought of this and wondered. I understand the blackout dates for Gold AP's but wasn't sure on MM.

So we usually get the Platinum AP and we are thinking of buying 100 points direct for Member Benefits, Does the GOLD AP also include Memory Maker? I just thought of this and wondered. I understand the blackout dates for Gold AP's but wasn't sure on MM.
Yes the Gold AP includes MM

You can also order a ticket from Undercover Tourist and then upgrade it to the gold ap when you get to the park. That’ll cut the cost by another $50 each.
This only works if there is no price increase between the time you purchase the regular ticket and upgrade, correct? I'm thinking of buying two Gold APs in the next few days. I'm not going until November, but I want to get them before the price increase. If I get a regular ticket and then upgrade, I will only save the difference between the gate price of the regular ticket and the current price of the AP, correct? Is this recommendation only if you are buying a ticket right before your trip and then you're gambling that there's not a price increase, right?

This only works if there is no price increase between the time you purchase the regular ticket and upgrade, correct? I'm thinking of buying two Gold APs in the next few days. I'm not going until November, but I want to get them before the price increase. If I get a regular ticket and then upgrade, I will only save the difference between the gate price of the regular ticket and the current price of the AP, correct? Is this recommendation only if you are buying a ticket right before your trip and then you're gambling that there's not a price increase, right?
Hmmm - I’m not sure. It’s worked for me, but it could just be that I haven’t purchased and upgraded on either side of a price increase.
I think you pay the difference between the current gate cost of what you have and what you’re upgrading to. I guess they could increase the gold pass by more than the multiday ticket ... in that case I guess you’d lose the extra savings of the gap between that increase difference ...
*** nevermind! I just went over Robo’s thread. You get the gate cost value of the ticket you have when that particular ticket was “minted” by Disney.

Last edited:
Do DVC Direct Members still get a discount on Annual Passes? If so, what are the price discounts? I know everyone gets a discount at renewal, does DVC’s still exceed that standard renewal discount?

Do DVC Direct Members still get a discount on Annual Passes? If so, what are the price discounts? I know everyone gets a discount at renewal, does DVC’s still exceed that standard renewal discount?
Nope. Only “discount” is the ability to purchase the sorcerer’s pass (at normal FL resident prices). Of course that assumes you are renewing as you can’t purchase new ones.

Wow. That is a massive downgrade for DVC owners. Really shows the limit of membership extras and skews things more in the resale camp.

This thread is over three years old and since the new question has been answered going to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter