Annual Pass Upgrade

hiddenMeekey

DisDad
Looking at potentially upgrading my 3 day MYW tickets to annual passes when we visit in Feb since we'll be back in July and possibly Sept or Oct.

Has anyone done this recently and can tell me about the process and any other specifics that I might need to know?

I currently have 3 day MYW rickets with the Park Hopper Option (2 Adults/1 Child). On the Disney site the total for those tickets are $1029.00 ($1095.90 w/ tax). Currently the Disney Platinum annual pass price for the 3 of us is $2488.92. If I budget $1460, would that cover the cost of the upgrade? Any fees or any other costs that I'm not thinking about, or am I even applying what I've already paid correctly?

Any info on this would be awesome.

We are planning on doing the same thing in a few days (we get there Sunday am!). I learned a lot of information from this message board, such a great site. Yes, if you calculated how much your tickets cost on the website, then you would only pay the difference between what you already paid and what the APs would cost, making sure to account for taxes. No other hidden fees. You can do this at Guest Relations at any park (you can't do it at any of the resorts). A bonus is if you are definitely upgrading to APs and you didn't purchase Memory Maker, if you upgrade to APs on your first day, then Photopass would be activated immediately and you'll be ready to take any photos you want from the Disney photographers during your first trip! You'd also be ready to take advantage of any AP discounts on restaurants and stores during your trip.

It might take guest services a few minutes to complete the task, but it's definitely doable. Disney is always happy to upgrade your tickets!

The only catch is if you've bought things like Memory Maker or an Extra Morning Magic. I'm guessing the money spent on some extras won't count toward the Annual Pass.

One thing to keep in mind is this: we are in the time of year where Disney typically raises their ticket prices. You might want to see if you can do your upgrade sooner rather than later.

Have a great trip!!

I did it in December and my son did it the December before that. You can do it at the ticket counter or guest services, I've found when I have to go pick up my AP card that the ticket counters tend to be less busy than guest services. I've picked up my AP at all four parks, I converted tickets to an AP at the ticket counter at the front of Epcot, my son did it at the ticket counter at the international gate at Epcot.

Looking at potentially upgrading my 3 day MYW tickets to annual passes...tell me about the process and any other specifics that I might need to know?

The current Ticket Upgrade rules and procedures can be found HERE.

Last edited:

It might take guest services a few minutes to complete the task, but it's definitely doable. Disney is always happy to upgrade your tickets!

The only catch is if you've bought things like Memory Maker or an Extra Morning Magic. I'm guessing the money spent on some extras won't count toward the Annual Pass.

From what I understand, if Memory Maker was purchased and not part of a package, the price goes towards the AP.

When we upgraded, the CM offered to refund our Memory Maker... then I had to tell him we didn't have it in the first place. So at least with that CM, it was an automatic thing to refund.

Make sure you do your math based on the type of ticket you purchased and go into Guest Services with that in mind. If the number is different, politely make them show you why. It seems like sometimes it can be willy-nilly depending on who you get + human error, so arm yourself with knowledge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter