Annual Pass Ticket activation expiration

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
I recently read an article that said Disney was putting an expiration date on all new tickets so you cannot hold them anymore. I am wondering if that will include the annual passes. We try to buy them every six months until we go so that we don't have that huge cost at the same time as the vacation. It takes us two years to buy them. If you have to activate thwm the same year yoy buy them we are going to have issues. I know I can just save the money but as we know they increase in costs semi-annually as it saved some money.

Any info out on annual pass activation expirations?

TIA
Judy

I hadn't heard that. I sure hope not. I bought a new Gold AP voucher a few months ago. It's the 13 month one. It looks like now I won't be able to activate it until Feb. 2018 and while I know the 13 month option will no longer be possible, I surely hope I can still activate it for a regular Gold AP. It's linked to our account and the expiration does say 2030.

I hadn't heard that. I sure hope not. I bought a new Gold AP voucher a few months ago. It's the 13 month one. It looks like now I won't be able to activate it until Feb. 2018 and while I know the 13 month option will no longer be possible, I surely hope I can still activate it for a regular Gold AP. It's linked to our account and the expiration does say 2030.

The new tickets with expirations just started selling in Feb. Any previous tickets had no such activation expiration and you'll be fine with your AP.

I haven't heard if new AP vouchers come with the same expiration as new tickets though.

The new tickets with expirations just started selling in Feb. Any previous tickets had no such activation expiration and you'll be fine with your AP.

I haven't heard if new AP vouchers come with the same expiration as new tickets though.

Thanks.....I guess I'm behind in all my reading lately.

For the tickets that have expiration dates, if you go past the expiration date they will give you the value you paid toward a current price ticket, it doesn't become worthless.

I don't see anything on the annual pass screen on Disneyworld.com that indicates an expiration date. The screen for MYW clearly shows an expiration date.

For the tickets that have expiration dates, if you go past the expiration date they will give you the value you paid toward a current price ticket, it doesn't become worthless.

I don't see anything on the annual pass screen on Disneyworld.com that indicates an expiration date. The screen for MYW clearly shows an expiration date.

I just got this today and here it is:
Tickets and Passes
Disney Platinum Plus Pass
Expires: Tuesday, December 31, 2030

this was the DVC special price.... does this mean I can buy up to 8 of them myself to activate each year up until 2030? I am confused by this listed 2030 date and this text from dvc site, "Tickets must be purchased by January 3, 2018 and used for the first time by December 31, 2018. Each member is entitled to purchase up to 8 tickets.

I just got this today and here it is:
Tickets and Passes
Disney Platinum Plus Pass

this was the DVC special price.... does this mean I can buy up to 8 of them myself to activate each year up until 2030? I am confused by this listed 2030 date and this text from dvc site, "Tickets must be purchased by January 3, 2018 and used for the first time by December 31, 2018. Each member is entitled to purchase up to 8 tickets.

There are member households that may need up to 8 passes or more. That's just the limit per member but isn't necessarily about that member using the passes but rather about qualified family living with them too.

The first use date is exactly that. Any passes bought under this special must be activated by 12/31/18 or after that date a person could likely apply the purchase value towards a different pass but they won't be able to activate this particular one.

Actually, you WILL get the 13 months out of it. I had this exact question when I was planning my October 2017 trip. We are going in October 2018 and 2019 as well but it's the same week each time so a regular AP wouldn't work. This year, I am going with a friend who was able to get us Military Salute tickets ($240 for a 5-day park-hopper!) so I had to decide when I wanted to activate the pass.

I sent an e-mail to Disney's ticketing department and explained my situation. I specifically asked if I held on to the 13-month AP and did not activate it until October 2018, would it still hold the 13-month expiration date and be valid for my October 2019 trip. Here's a cut-and-paste of their response...

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. Thank you so much for joining the Annual Passholder family!

I did a lot of research for the answer and even called the ticket services. Since this is a brand new annual pass you can activate the new Gold pass any time between now and December of 2030 and you will get the 13 month promotion Gold pass that you paid for. So yes you can activate the Gold Annual pass certificate in fall of 2018 and get the full 13 months that you paid for.

We hope this information helps with the planning of all the upcoming magical vacations!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

In addition, this is what my pass says in MDE...

DVC Member Gold Pass 13 for 12 - New Certificate

Hope this helps...

Tickets and Passes
Disney Gold Pass

That is what my MDE says about my 13 month pass. While it doesn't have the 13 for 12 indication, the confirmation email I received (after I purchased online) does say that it is a 13 month pass in the Important Details section. I am not worried about getting the extra month even though we won't be activating until after Thanksgiving.

Here is the important details section from the email:

Important Details
e5528af4c93366fc211f4709e80b7b08-Cancel.png
Disney PhotoPass Downloads

The Disney Platinum Plus Pass, Disney Platinum Pass and Disney Gold Pass include a benefit that lets you access and download Disney PhotoPass photos captured in your account from the first valid date of your pass until your pass expires. Plus, access and downloading is available after pass expiration for as long as the photo is stored in the system (365 days from date of capture).To start using this benefit, simply link your pass to the Disney account you will use to retrieve photos. Entitlement includes discounted prices on prints and physical product purchases; entitlement is non-transferable. Access and downloading is not available for photos captured after pass expiration or after a pass is removed from a Disney account.

Disney Gold Pass Blockout Dates

The following blockout dates apply: December 19, 2016 - January 2, 2017; April 8, 2017 - April 21, 2017; December 18 - January 02, 2018.

c3744a303d5a4b65f002d04ff0ba7630-DVC.png
Price for Disney Vacation Club Members

Item(s) are priced for Disney Vacation Club Members only. For these items, you must show a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes.

Pass Pick-Up Information

Once you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location. You will need to show a valid photo ID to pick up your pass.

This offer is not valid for water park passes or passes previously purchased and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Passes are 13 consecutive months, nontransferable and nonrefundable. Blockout dates apply to certain pass types.

I also expect to get a Platinum Plus pass when we activate due to the current offer. However, if we don't get the upgraded pass, it won't be a problem as we would not use any of the benefits of the Plus pass, anyway.

Here's what happend to me last week. I activated my 13 month promotions AP without a hitch except when my wife notices in MDE it was set with a 12 month expiration. I went to guest services mid week and to rectify. I kinda knew that there was some kind of problem when the CM left her station to head into the back to talk to someone. She did acknowledge my pass was definitely the 13 month kind and didn't know why it only showed up as 12. Took about 30+ mins to resolve and would up getting this bumped up to platinum with no blackouts for the inconvenience. I never once complained during the process and found it very satisfying that I do now have the platinum version. Not sure if this happend to anyone else but do check you're exp dates after you activate

Here's what happend to me last week. I activated my 13 month promotions AP without a hitch except when my wife notices in MDE it was set with a 12 month expiration. I went to guest services mid week and to rectify. I kinda knew that there was some kind of problem when the CM left her station to head into the back to talk to someone. She did acknowledge my pass was definitely the 13 month kind and didn't know why it only showed up as 12. Took about 30+ mins to resolve and would up getting this bumped up to platinum with no blackouts for the inconvenience. I never once complained during the process and found it very satisfying that I do now have the platinum version. Not sure if this happend to anyone else but do check you're exp dates after you activate
Did you get the Platinum with 13 months? That's a nice upgradepixiedust:.

Did you get the Platinum with 13 months? That's a nice upgradepixiedust:.

That follows the current promotion of Platinum Plus for the price of a Gold and people are getting the same 13 months if they had a 13 month Gold AP. The one thing is the purchase date where some have to pay a nominal fee to upgrade if it was purchase before the last price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!