annual pass renewal question

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
Our AP's originally had an expiration date of June 15, 2020. With the parks having been closed, do we now have longer to renew our passes at the discounted rate?

I'm trying to figure out the extension as well. My pass expired May 14, and it's still showing as expired, although I did get the invitation email for the passholder preview. I saw someone else say they had to call to get theirs manually updated a few days ago, but I'm really surprised they haven't updated everything with the park set to officially open tomorrow. :/

The expiration dates in the app is not in sync with the actual expiration date after they extended them three months.

The IT systems at Universal are really weak to say the least.

The only way to get the correct date is to email or call customer service.

Hopefully with all the folks calling they will finally address this.

(I had this issue about a year and half ago when they extended my pass 3 months for renewal)

Just got off the phone with Universal - it took me about 20 minutes to get through. My pass (2-park, Preferred, if that matters) expired on May 14, when the park had been closed for 2 months, and has been extended until August 14, so I was given an extra month in addition to the time the parks were closed.

I'm not even sure where to look online to see when my pass expires. I just know that it's supposed to expire on that day. :rotfl:

Just got off the phone with Universal - it took me about 20 minutes to get through. My pass (2-park, Preferred, if that matters) expired on May 14, when the park had been closed for 2 months, and has been extended until August 14, so I was given an extra month in addition to the time the parks were closed.
My daughter got an extra 6 months too. I bought my AP when they were running the 6 months extra free offer, but a condition was that it had to be activated by April 2019. I didn’t activate it until September 2019 but they added 6 months plus an extra 3, so 9 months in total to my pass. I even (honestly) queried it, but they maintained the 9 month extension.

Last edited:

I went on the app today and my new expiration is 9/14 from 6/15. That works since we’re trying to go 9/5 to 9/11. I got a good AP rate for the Hardrock. Fingers crossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter