Annual Pass Refund

Anim8torDad

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken Disney up on the refund offer for Annual Passholders who have paid in full? I'm curious to see what % it is and how it effects your end date. I'm sure if I have nothing to do for 3 hours or so I'll call myself, but wanted to see if anyone has already done it. Our next trip is scheduled for end July into August and our pass expires mid-August. As of now we are planning on going down (we're in NY) and extending the pass into September doesn't really help with kids and "school" (we'll see what that looks like). Thanks, stay safe everyone!

I think if you take the refund, you get credit only your expiration date and that remained unchanged,

If your pass expires mid August and you refund, you would be entitled to the days of closure from March 16th to opening, but then your pass would expire on time.

They have not come up with more details from that,

From what I read, it keeps your expiration date. I assume prorated to the price you paid (gold, platinum, renewal, new purchase etc) I'm actually waiting to see when the parks open, as my AP expires on a date that is usually right smack dab in the middle of annual trip, so I have to call them, explain it year after year, so they can renew it 63 days out instead of 60 so I can take advantage of my FP window. Will the refund be more than the delta between a renewal and a new pass?

I also wonder what kind of opening they will do when the parks open. Someone threw out the notion that it might be limited to onsite guests - well if that is the case, they cant consider everyone's pass active at that point in time (at least not fairly). Lot of questions to be answered. Should be interesting

I’d like to know when APs who take the refund will get their money back. I’m assuming once the parks reopen then they’ll be able to calculate and refund the prorated amount.

Is there a time limit on requesting the refund option? I’d like to know how long the closure is before making my decision. If the closure period gives me enough of an extension to fit in an extra trip (replacing the two I’ve cancelled during the closure) I’d take that option. As it stands now, having my pass extend into Feb. isn’t going to replace my April travel window.

I’d like to know as well. We just renewed our AP’s in December the 24th to be exact. We are also weighing our options. Will there be any AP discounts that may appear? What if they suspend the purchase of new passes? Then we’re up the creek! I’m going to play this by ear.

I called the special AP holder number yesterday at around 6:15 PM and a CM picked up almost immediately. My March trip was cancelled but my AP expired April 15 so I assume I had only that last month to be prorated if even for a few dollars. The CM said I would get a refund but never said when.
I will say that when he picked up he was quite subdued. I think all CM’s are getting bombarded with calls. Once we established that my question was an easier one to answer his manner became so much more relaxed and we had a very nice conversation. I think Disney is having to answer to all guests on many levels.
We have rescheduled our March trip to Thanksgiving week and I worry that even then, the situation will not be the best. I know that DH would hate to have to wear a mask at all times in DIsney, so we’ll see how things play out. I have till Sept.30 to decide what to do (our UY is February). I hope we won’t end up losing points but we’ll decide later whether it’s safe to go or not.

My family has a total of 6 APs which expires in December. We will want a refund credit for the closure days to apply towards our next AP as extending on current AP for the total number of closure days will not benefit us.

Should I be calling the phone number given and requesting this PRIOR to the parks repenting? How will they know what to refund until the parks reopen?

TIA

My family has a total of 6 APs which expires in December. We will want a refund credit for the closure days to apply towards our next AP as extending on current AP for the total number of closure days will not benefit us.

Should I be calling the phone number given and requesting this PRIOR to the parks repenting? How will they know what to refund until the parks reopen?

TIA

I have read people called and had it noted that they want the refund. Nothing will be done or decided until an opening date.

yes this is what I was told when I called to be put on the list. my AP expired April 7 so they said they will call me when parks reopen to process the partial refund.

My daughter was told that the refund would take 90 days, which seems excessive. She just wants to use the credit to buy new passes. Not sure if she can make that window work. Seems like they could put a calculator together so we know the amount. It all depends when they reopen for my husband and I. I’ve already canceled 2 trips (April & June). Looking to cancel August & September and possibly January.

yes this is what I was told when I called to be put on the list. my AP expired April 7 so they said they will call me when parks reopen to process the partial refund.

Has anyone received a refund or an update on their refund?

With Shanghai Disney they were supposedly counting days where the parks were open but required reservations as part of the closure, so I’m wondering if WDW still doesn’t have an “opening date” to process the AP refunds.

Has anyone received a refund or an update on their refund?

With Shanghai Disney they were supposedly counting days where the parks were open but required reservations as part of the closure, so I’m wondering if WDW still doesn’t have an “opening date” to process the AP refunds.

Refunds Were not going to be processed until they had an open date

They did not announce yesterday any updates. Hopefully in the next week!

I just called a couple of days ago about a refund on my annual pass and all they were doing was placing a note on my file saying I wanted the partial refund. At that point they still didn't have any of the details worked out.

Personally I'm just happy they are doing a partial refund as an option, it was more than I expected, they could of just said "too bad, so sad".

I just called a couple of days ago about a refund on my annual pass and all they were doing was placing a note on my file saying I wanted the partial refund. At that point they still didn't have any of the details worked out.

Personally I'm just happy they are doing a partial refund as an option, it was more than I expected, they could of just said "too bad, so sad".
Me too. They said they would process all refunds or extensions after the parks reopen. Mine expired last month, so technically they could process now, but I understand doing them all at once.

Will they wait until they actually open? There’s always a chance that the opening date gets pushed back. I’m guessing they wouldn’t want to deal with issuing refunds multiple times.

My family and i are in the same boat with everyone else. I was on the phone today with vip annual passholder and got nothing but the run around.
our platinum passes are set to expire on dec 15 2020. i was told i will only have until mid march to use them but i added from the time that they have closed which was march 15 until hopefully july 11. That's 119 days correct. My family and i were hoping for first week in april 2021. i do not know what to do. any suggestions...

My family and i are in the same boat with everyone else. I was on the phone today with vip annual passholder and got nothing but the run around.
our platinum passes are set to expire on dec 15 2020. i was told i will only have until mid march to use them but i added from the time that they have closed which was march 15 until hopefully july 11. That's 119 days correct. My family and i were hoping for first week in april 2021. i do not know what to do. any suggestions...
I think your pass will be covered until around April 11. (Going by the closure of March 16th to the minimum of July 11)

Hopefully someone will post when they show us the money. I’m waiting for a refund of our renewal certificate too = $600+. Plus refund of 4 gold passes partial $$. 2 passes are now expired, effected this week. 2 more passes expire next week. We were originally going to renew, but now not going back until 2021

Since they have not come out with the exact extension time, I honestly think the CM simply estimated And got it wrong.

We will not know for sure our final date until it’s official and even the CMS don’t know exactly # days yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter