Annual Pass Questions

Kit Jackson

DIS Veteran
My friend and I (both adults) are planning a trip. She discovered we can save money with an annual pass, even though we do not live in Florida. I have questions that I was hoping someone could answer.
How do we get the discounted roomrate at the hotel?
What is an active pass holder? or How do we activate the pass if we are from out of state?
Can I buy an annual pass for someone else (like as a gift)?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Anyone can buy an AP no matter what state or country they live in

Once you have gone thru the turnstiles and used your ap, it is considered an active ap

Your ap discounts are allowed

Check out some of the stickies in this forum
And read some of the other threads where you can gain more info regarding the ap

What some post, always helps others in gaining more info

Yes you can buy the ap for someone
Make sure You list their name as the recipient of this gift

The only thing I’ll add is that you check for the hotel discount by typing in APH I’m the promo code box when booking the hotel, and if a discount exists it will come up. Those discounts aren’t usually released until closer to the date but you can always switch to it if you keep checking back after you’ve booked your room.

You can book with the APH rate before buying the AP as long as you activate it during your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!