Annual Pass Questions and what I think I know

Eno

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to Universal since 2003 and have decided to return, previously was all Disney. Started looking at the buy 2 get 3 days free and then decided - why not an annual pass. It is a 2 day drive for us but do plan on visiting a couple of times within the 12 months. Will be going in September and booked into the Surf Side in - great rate for a room with 3 queen beds, traveling with Hubby and Daughter (27). Hubby is going to get the preferred pass for free parking and also discounts on food and merchandise. Big question is - if my daughter and I get a lower pass can we upgrade later. Not sure when my daughter have vacation time next year. If we get a seasonal or power annual pass can we upgrade next year to a preferred if we decide to travel during a black out period. Would like to return this year around Christmas but again all based on daughters ability to get time off work.

Thanks !!! That will work perfect for us. Do we just go to the gates to upgrade? Or heard there was a place at citywalk.

Hubby is going to get the preferred pass for free parking and also discounts on food and merchandise.

Regarding parking. The parking with that pass is at the parks/city walk parking lot. It’s for day visits.

If you are staying onsite for all of your visits, the parking is useless to you. You park at your hotel you’ll pay for hotel parking.

Forget the parking perk exists if you’re never doing a day trip or staying offsite and driving over each day. Focus on if the discount on food and merchandise will make up for the extra cost of that pass.

Will have to read reviews on transportation from the hotel to the parks. Found when staying onsite at Disney we still drove to the parks especially for early entry and Halloween party. Looking forward to first time at HHN.

I forgot to say check for annual pass room rates about 90 days out. You do not have to have the pass in hand when you book, but you do have to show it before checkout to keep the annual pass rate.

Will have to read reviews on transportation from the hotel to the parks. Found when staying onsite at Disney we still drove to the parks especially for early entry and Halloween party. Looking forward to first time at HHN.
Surfside is the furthest Universal property and only bus service. But compared to WDW, universal transportation is far better. For one thing, multiple resorts don’t share busses. Or boats. We have always stayed at a resort with boat service. And they each had their own boat service. If it was WDW, they would share.

Driving and walking to and through citywalk is likely going to be further and take longer than just taking transportation.

Surfside is the furthest Universal property and only bus service.

Does the bus drop you off closer than if you drive and park?

If staying at Surfside, it would be way more convenient to use the hotel bus than drive to the UO parking lot

Both bus and those that car park will have the same walk from the city walk entrance to the parks

Good to know. I hated using Disney transportation especially at park close or after the Halloween party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter