Annual Pass Purchase

melisjeff

Earning My Ears
WHAT WOULD BE THE EASIEST WAY TO BUY MY AP? I AM THINKING ABOUT THE WORLD OF DISNEY STORE AT ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. I UNDERSTAND THEY GIVE YOU THE ACTUAL PASS NOT A VOUCHER, THIS SHOULD SAVE TIME AT THE PARK, PLUS I NEED THE ACTIVATED PASS TO GET MY AP DISCOUNT UPON CHECK INN AT POR. MY CONCERN WOULD BE THE PRICE, WILL THEY HONOR THE DC DISCOUNT AND ARE THERE ADDITIONAL TAXES AT THE AIRPORT ? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!

I purchased my AP vouchers at my local Disney store. They said they take about a week to get. I pick them up tonight. And, I told they will give me my DC discount. You don't pay till you pick them up. I understand you can buy them at the Orlando Airport Disney store, but I would find their phone number, call and make sure they have vouchers on hand. Also, you don't need to activate your APs before you check in. I was told by 3 different CMs that you just need the voucher for check in. Then you can proceed to a park or DTD and activate it. I hope this gives you some help.

I also thought you could order your AP online at disney.com with the discount being offered. I don't know for sure.

You DO get the DC discount at the Disney Store at the Orlando Airport. AND you get the actual ticket printed with your name on it at the time of purchase. That is what I did when I went to WDW in May.
Hope that this helps! :)

I was just going to ask the same question so I decided to call the Orlando Airport store myself and find out. Yes, they do sell the actual annual pass (it is not the voucher). Yes, they do honor the DC discount (adult AP $354.04 including tax). I had just about decided that I would just buy the pass right there in the airport until the CM I was talking to said "unless the computers are down." Then what would I do? I reserved our room at CBR using the great AP rate but what would happen if I showed up with no voucher or annual pass? When I made my reservation with CRO, I asked if the voucher was sufficient for check-in and she informed me that would be fine. I may, however, be asked to return to prove that I activated the voucher. Anyway, I went to TDS today and ordered my APs just to be safe. The manager told me that they should arrive within two weeks and she would call me when they get here. You do not pay for them until you pick them up. She also insisted that the time does not start ticking on my AP until it is actually activated at the parks. Hope this helps! 29 1/2 days to go!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If you are a member of the Disney Club, it's very easy to order over the phone. I just ordered my AP about 5 minutes ago and it was very painless. I will get my voucher in about 10-14 days. They do charge an extra $3.00 to mail. No big deal. Great way to purchase AP's if you don't have a DS near you.

I would like to thank everyone for the great advise. I will try the orlando airport disney for my annual pass, hopefully with no glitches. Looking forward to my stay at por 9/14-9-19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter