Annual Pass purchase

Is the best way to purchase an Annual Pass directly through Disney? Or are there other sites that sell as well (such as undercover tourist for daily tickets)?
Sams Club has Platinum annual passes for $865 - much less than the $1100 or so that Disney is charging now. I assume their inventory is limited.

I purchased my AP through AAA last year. I used a Dreams Agent to book my room with the AP rate. I checked into the Boardwalk in the evening and activated my AP the next day at the IG entrance to EPCOT.

How long before you got the confirmation code from AAA to enter into MDE? And did you get the "welcome packet" from Disney with the AP info, magnets and orange tag to attach to your MB? Or because you ordered it through AAA you never got those items?

How long before you got the confirmation code from AAA to enter into MDE? And did you get the "welcome packet" from Disney with the AP info, magnets and orange tag to attach to your MB? Or because you ordered it through AAA you never got those items?

Sorry, I can't remember about the confirmation code. I did get the welcome packet with all of the goodies about a month or two after I activated it.

I am thinking of buying a AP - and am looking to book a room. I am trying to do the math to see if its worth it, but when I try to see what the AP rate would be it says "Florida Resident, Passholder, Disney Vacation Club Member or U.S. Military? Sign in or update you profile to check for additional offers."

Anyone know a way around this?

You have to purchase APs directly from Disney. There are a couple of ways to save money on the AP.
  1. Purchase regular tickets from a discounter (like UCT) at a price that is much lower than the gate price. Then upgrade that ticket to an AP at Disney. The gate price (not what you paid) will be applied to the upgrade and you will then pay the difference.
  2. Buy Disney gift cards at a discount off of the face value (check the Disney GC deals thread) and pay for your AP with them.
  3. Combine both #1 and #2 to maximize your savings.

I just wanted to add a #4 I used:

Get a Disney Visa & earn enough $ to pay for your AP.

There are threads on the board where people ask AP holders to check rates for them. Try here, for example: xxx

Specify your dates, number and ages of guests, and resorts you want to check out and someone will almost certainly get back to you.

Thank you! Will do!

I bought them from here right before the price increase, got vouchers and linked them to mde. I haven’t activated them yet since I don’t need them now, but I see them when i look at mde.

It's not a "work around". You have to have an activated AP when you check in. That would entail either exchanging your AP voucher for an actual AP hard ticket or upgrading your multiday ticket to an active AP prior to checking in. Disney computers can tell if you're trying to game the system. If a valid AP is not in your MDE account on check in day, you will be expected to stop at the front desk to check in, with proof of an AP, before you will be given your room assignment.

Jumping into this....we have purchased APs from WDW. They are not activated. We are booked on an AP discount for late Sept. when we show up at our resort will the resort activate them at check-in? Help😬

Jumping into this....we have purchased APs from WDW. They are not activated. We are booked on an AP discount for late Sept. when we show up at our resort will the resort activate them at check-in? Help😬
As long you exchange those AP vouchers for active APs, you’re good. However, it has to be done at guest services or a ticket booth. Lobby concierge can’t do it.

Your nightly rate will reflect the AP discount unless you fail to exchange the vouchers for APs. As @lanejudy posted, you will have 24 hours after check in to activate the APs (my mistake when I stated that they needed to be active AT check in). But I’m sure that you will want to hit the parks soon after arrival, so you should be good.:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!