Annual Pass Purchase Question

grubens

Mouseketeer
We are new resale owners having bought with a very clear understanding of not getting Blue Card benefits. I am curious, however, when one goes to actually buy an annual pass at the parks, do they always ask you to produce the Blue Card or just ask if you are DVC members? Do they look you up in the system before issuing?

It sounds like you're going to purchase and activate at the same time, but just in case not: I believe the validation occurs on activation, not purchase.

When I activated our AP last December, we didn't have our blue cards with us, so I had to log into my account and bring it up on my smartphone.

For APs, they typically require, at time of activation at the park, your DVC card, the DVC Member's photo ID and the photo IDs of all other adults in your group also getting the discounted APs (to check that the others have the same home address as the member). I have been getting the discounted APs since DVC started offering them in 2005 and those things I mentioned have always been requested at time of activation.

If you purchase in person they will activate the pass at the time of purchase for the persons present. They are very strict about the card and license thing. The only exceptions, of course, are children. Never had them ask for ID for the kids, even the older ones.

They are very strict with the rules and there would be no way to get around it as a resale buyer. Now that one can pull up a digital card, you would have to show at least that, and of course, it will show you aren’t eligible.

Sorry!

We get our APs online a couple of months before we arrive in order to make our FP+s at 60 days out - and when we activate them they always want ID & DVC card. I’ve activated at MK and EPCOT front & IG.

And if you purchase the DVC discounted pass and don't have the blue card when you try to activate it, you will pay the extra money to get you to a pass you are entitled to.

Thank you for all the responses. Does the same hold true about purchasing Tables in Wonderland (based on DVC without annual pass)? Is it considered a Blue Card benefit or just an owner/White Card benefit?

We get our APs online a couple of months before we arrive in order to make our FP+s at 60 days out - and when we activate them they always want ID & DVC card. I’ve activated at MK and EPCOT front & IG.

This is such a great point!!! But I'm wondering if the 51-week staggering idea for maximizing on the AP pass will work with this when it's time to renew, though? Sounds more like you can only do the 51-week staggering when you aren't worried about the 60-day window for fast passes?

This is such a great point!!! But I'm wondering if the 51-week staggering idea for maximizing on the AP pass will work with this when it's time to renew, though? Sounds more like you can only do the 51-week staggering when you aren't worried about the 60-day window for fast passes?

Here is what I always do. Since I have done the staggering, and actual purchased the new APs, I would just buy a discounted ticket from UT for the year I was due to buy the new one. I’d get one for the number of days of my trip so I could do FPs at 60 days.

Then, I would upgrade that to the AP when I got there. So, the first AP is good for Trips year 1 and year 2. Then I get the ticket for year 3 and upgrade.

Here is what I always do. Since I have done the staggering, and actual purchased the new APs, I would just buy a discounted ticket from UT for the year I was due to buy the new one. I’d get one for the number of days of my trip so I could do FPs at 60 days.

Then, I would upgrade that to the AP when I got there. So, the first AP is good for Trips year 1 and year 2. Then I get the ticket for year 3 and upgrade.

Thanks, Sandi!

So for UT, choose "OPTION 2 — MAXIMIZE FLEXIBILITY! No Start Date Required"?

Thanks!!!

Thanks, Sandi!

So for UT, choose "OPTION 2 — MAXIMIZE FLEXIBILITY! No Start Date Required"?

Thanks!!!

Since you are upgrading when you get there, it doesn’t matter. Since I usually buy arounf 60 days prior to the start of a trip, I just choose that date.

What I look for is one that will work for FPS..for me, typical a 5 or 6 day...and whichever one seems like a better deal.

Just remember, you want the price plus the savings not to be more than the cost of AP.

Thank you for all the responses. Does the same hold true about purchasing Tables in Wonderland (based on DVC without annual pass)? Is it considered a Blue Card benefit or just an owner/White Card benefit?
Tables in Wonderland
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can enjoy the ultimate food lover’s feast. Join Tables in Wonderland—a special program offered exclusively to Disney Vacation Club Members, Florida Residents and Annual/Seasonal Passholders.
Spectacular Benefits—And a Member Discount
Tables in Wonderland gives the cardholder and up to 9 of their guests a 20% discount for one year on all food and beverages including alcohol at over 100 participating restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Members save $25 on the cost of an annual membership, which also includes Disney Resort Hotel valet and theme park parking for dining purposes as well as invitations to special events—such as happy hours, dessert parties and dinners.
How to Purchase
You can purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership at any Guest Relations location at a Walt Disney World theme park or at Disney Springs. You must show your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a photo ID at the time of purchase. Restrictions Apply.

I guess I’m still confused. Does “membership” = Blue Card? If yes, what is correct term to describe resale owner?

I guess I’m still confused. Does “membership” = Blue Card? If yes, what is correct term to describe resale owner?
The color of your membership card is determined by your eligibility for Membership Extras. To be eligible for Membership Extras, you must have purchased direct or have a grandfathered resale purchase (prior to 4/4/2016). Effective 9/17/2019, DVC set 100 as the minimum number of direct points to be eligible for Membership Extras. If you were eligible for Membership Extras prior to 9/17/2019, you will remain eligible as long as you continue to own the points that made you eligible.

If you are eligible for Membership Extras, you will receive a physical (and digital) card that will be blue.
If you are not eligible for Membership Extras, you have access to a digital card that will be white. No physical card is available if ineligible.

DW and I activated our 9 year old DVC AP vouchers last month at DS Guest Services (don't go to Ticket Services). We both had to show our Blue DVC cards. They very effectively bridged the old voucher to a Platinum AP. We still have another set of AP vouchers for 2024 as well as 4 NE tics each. Life is good.

DW and I activated our 9 year old DVC AP vouchers last month at DS Guest Services (don't go to Ticket Services). We both had to show our Blue DVC cards. They very effectively bridged the old voucher to a Platinum AP. We still have another set of AP vouchers for 2024 as well as 4 NE tics each. Life is good.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are vouchers? Was this a thing that is long past?

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are vouchers? Was this a thing that is long past?

A voucher is simply a purchase receipt for an AP which has not yet been activated. Mine have no expirartion date, even though Disney now says something like 2030. I have loaded my old vouchers into MDE to make it easier to activate when needed. Back in 2011 we purchased DVC AP vouchers direct from Disney, they sent us a confirmation email which included the AP number. One of the numbers was so old, it wouldn't load into MDE, but after about an hour, they were able to sort it out.

The color of your membership card is determined by your eligibility for Membership Extras. To be eligible for Membership Extras, you must have purchased direct or have a grandfathered resale purchase (prior to 4/4/2016). Effective 9/17/2019, DVC set 100 as the minimum number of direct points to be eligible for Membership Extras. If you were eligible for Membership Extras prior to 9/17/2019, you will remain eligible as long as you continue to own the points that made you eligible.

If you are eligible for Membership Extras, you will receive a physical (and digital) card that will be blue.
If you are not eligible for Membership Extras, you have access to a digital card that will be white. No physical card is available if ineligible.
So is the right to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an annual pass a Membership Extra?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter