Annual Pass Members Get Screwed...

JMO The OP is off base. FD has always required booking a package including tickets. This year the ticket requirements are more then what was required a few years ago. AP discounts haven't been this high in years.

Maybe my math is wrong, but I’m only getting around 15 percent at the poly or contemporary. If it were 30 percent as advertised I wouldn’t be complaining.

Maybe my math is wrong, but I’m only getting around 15 percent at the poly or contemporary. If it were 30 percent as advertised I wouldn’t be complaining.

Your math is fine, the trouble is with your reading. Disney offers a discount up to 30% to the general public for deluxe resorts. Click and it states the discount for the Contemporary, Poly and WL is 15%.

AP discount is higher. AP discounts are very high.

Book through June 30, 2019.

This offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villas
Save up to 40%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's BoardWalk Club
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Save up to 20%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios Only
Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save up to 40%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Save up to 30%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
Save up to 20%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save up to 35%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Save up to 15%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Save up to 10%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Select Disney Value Resorts
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Save up to 25%: For stays most nights April 28, 2019 through June 30, 2019
  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
AP offer for April 28 through June 30

Your math is fine, the trouble is with your reading. Disney offers a discount up to 30% to the general public for deluxe resorts. Click and it states the discount for the Contemporary, Poly and WL is 15%.

AP discount is higher. AP discounts are very high.
This is best AP discount I’ve seen in years. I was happy with it.

I'm loving the current AP room discounts. I changed our August trip up to mid June and was able to book the Grand Floridian CL - Sugarloaf and Yacht Club water view CL at 40% off each! I saved $2200 and would never be able to book either of these fabulous resorts as the discounts seem to usually be 20-25% off.

I have a package with room and tickets booked for the end of May right now using the recent discount. I also have memory maker on my package. I am thinking about upgrading one person in my family to annual pass to get the discounts. If I’m going to do that do I just call and tell them I am upgrading when I get there and they can give me an AP discount now? I will also need to cancel my memory maker since I get that free with the AP? Then when I upgrade on my first day and the parks and pay the difference, does memory maker immediately show up and I can go ahead and use it the first day I’m in the parks? Thanks!!

I have an annual pass question....if I buy pass on line now but don’t activate it yet until I go to the parks can I also book an AP rate reservation at same time?

I have a package with room and tickets booked for the end of May right now using the recent discount. I also have memory maker on my package. I am thinking about upgrading one person in my family to annual pass to get the discounts. If I’m going to do that do I just call and tell them I am upgrading when I get there and they can give me an AP discount now? I will also need to cancel my memory maker since I get that free with the AP? Then when I upgrade on my first day and the parks and pay the difference, does memory maker immediately show up and I can go ahead and use it the first day I’m in the parks? Thanks!!
Yes, you can get the annual passholder discount on your reservation before you actually purchase the pass. You would have to show the annual pass at check in or within 24 hours of arrival. I would call reservations now, get a room with an AP discount, and have them cancel memory maker at the same time. Memory maker will show up for the person who has the annual pass.

I have an annual pass question....if I buy pass on line now but don’t activate it yet until I go to the parks can I also book an AP rate reservation at same time?
Yes, you can book the AP discount before you activate your pass. You may have to go back to the front desk to show them your AP on the day of check in.

Package tickets now expire at the end of your package, even if you do not use your ticket. I thought I remember reading that you can pay extra to extend your expiration date, but I’d have to go through the ticket sticky again to see. As @tommygunn pointed out, you will still get the value you put into your ticket. However, you will most likely not be able to make fp’s on an expired ticket. I’m trying to weigh the worth myself.

May I jump in? I have two tickets that were not activated on my last trip, December 14 thru 22. I was under the impression that I could use them in a future trip as long as it was within one year. Is this not correct? I know there have been a multitude of changes to the policy, and just cannto seem to keep up.

TIA for the help.

Until I saw this thread yesterday, I hadn't realized that new AP discounts were out. We immediately changed our reservation for the first week in May at AKL from a bounceback to the AP rate and saved about $450. When the AP discount is better than bounceback, that's quite something. I haven't seen AP discounts this good in a long time. Thanks to the people on this thread who posted about it!

May I jump in? I have two tickets that were not activated on my last trip, December 14 thru 22. I was under the impression that I could use them in a future trip as long as it was within one year. Is this not correct? I know there have been a multitude of changes to the policy, and just cannto seem to keep up.

TIA for the help.

As long as you booked those tickets with a package before mid October when the new ticket rules went into effect (and you didn’t make any changes to your package after mid October) your tickets should be fine. You should be able to see the ticket expiration date on the MDE app right now. I would check it out.

We booked a package in August (well before the new ticket structure went into place) and I immediately noticed that the tickets were set to expire the day my package ends, but we want to save them. So far, nobody has been able to help me.

As long as you booked those tickets with a package before mid October when the new ticket rules went into effect (and you didn’t make any changes to your package after mid October) your tickets should be fine. You should be able to see the ticket expiration date on the MDE app right now. I would check it out.

We booked a package in August (well before the new ticket structure went into place) and I immediately noticed that the tickets were set to expire the day my package ends, but we want to save them. So far, nobody has been able to help me.
Thank you. I did book before October and I do not remember making changes to the package. It was the FD promo and I did not want to monkey around with it. I will call to be on the safe side. I have a AKL savanah view room booked for early Decemeber and planned to use my extra tix for that trip.

As far as I'm aware, discounts on monorail resorts are always less than on others. If you want a generous discount, you'll need to stay at a different resort. 40% is amazing. Even the discounts on the moderates are pretty great. The AP discounts are great right now and free dining is not all that it's cracked up to be (We always come out ahead paying for food out of pocket and getting a room discount. Always)

I'm really not sure what you're complaining about, to be honest. You got an annual pass which allows you to have a memory maker, discounts on table service, merchandise, activities, and better than the public room rates. And you can go to Disney 365 times if you want.

I’m complaining because an AP member should never have an inferior offer vs a non AP member for any one stay. Never. If I can’t get a free meal plan at the poly, I should be able to access a discount of more or less equivalent value. For my 8 night stay I save $800, for my traveling party they get a free meal plan worth $2500. Not even close and complete BS.

But free dining is rarely ever free. They have to buy tickets and you do not. You get a discount on meals year-round and they do not. Disney isn't going to give APs free meals for an entire trip.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, discounts on monorail resorts are always less than on others. If you want a generous discount, you'll need to stay at a different resort. 40% is amazing. Even the discounts on the moderates are pretty great. The AP discounts are great right now and free dining is not all that it's cracked up to be (We always come out ahead paying for food out of pocket and getting a room discount. Always)

I'm really not sure what you're complaining about, to be honest. You got an annual pass which allows you to have a memory maker, discounts on table service, merchandise, activities, and better than the public room rates. And you can go to Disney 365 times if you want.

This. The OPs perceived value and true value of the free dining plan are not the same.

This. The OPs perceived value and true value of the free dining plan are not the same.

With respect, that's just not true. We are a family that likes to use an ADR each night. I fully understand the benefits of the AP and also know the limitations/downside of the dining plan. And I can say with confidence that a 15% discount in no way makes up for the value of 8 nights of free dining It is not anywhere close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter