Annual Pass holders budget tips for day trips

scoopmorgan

DIS Veteran
Hi. I have been around for years and visited the parks a few times. I am moving to the greater Orlando area soon, and I plan to buy an AP. My question is for food, drinks, and merch for those day trips I plan to make, what suggestions can you share?

Hi. I have been around for years and visited the parks a few times. I am moving to the greater Orlando area soon, and I plan to buy an AP. My question is for food, drinks, and merch for those day trips I plan to make, what suggestions can you share?
Merchandise discounts are 20% in Disney-owned stores. There are some TS discounts but no discounts at QS locations in the parks. Some Disney Springs QS and kiosk locations offer a 10% discount. For beverages and snacks, purchase them in the gift shops because the 20% discount will be applied there.

I like to refer to mouseperks.com for discounts. They keep it up to date and it’s easy to look up discounts quickly from my phone.

If it's a day trip and you plan on going often, if it was me, I'd bring my drink and snacks, maybe even a sandwich so I didn't have to spend money on food. And since you'll be there more often and it's not a vacation I would imagine the urge to buy merch will go down. Especially when it all starts looking the same because it doesn't change that often.

Since you will be going more often l bring softsided lunch box with a sandwich. You can always get free cups of water. For merchandise just go to Target or Walmart they have great prices.

As always.............a backpack is your friend.
Poncho, umbrella, sweet snacks, salty snacks, sandwich, and drinks can all help stretch out you day and avoid paying big bucks for food.
I also order a kids meal (about 7 dollars) which has both food and a drink to hold be over for my longer visits.
At the end of the day, I take Sherberth road to 192 and there are lots of affordable food choices to have before you head home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter